2018-19 U.S. International Selection Pool (ISP) skaters & Team envelope criteria

Sylvia

TBD
Preliminary list is published (thanks for the heads up, @sammyf): http://usfigureskating.org/story?id=84156&menu=TeamUSA
The 2018-19 International Selection Pool (ISP) includes age-eligible athletes/teams being considered for an international competition. All ISP athletes/teams are required to complete the competition readiness requirements. Athletes/teams may be added or removed from the International Selection Pool through the duration of the 2018-19 season.

LADIES
Starr Andrews
Maxine Marie Bautista
Mariah Bell
Karen Chen
Ting Cui
Amber Glenn
Hanna Harrell
Courtney Hicks
Tessa Hong
Angelina Huang
Gabriella Izzo
Pooja Kalyan
Ashley Lin
Emmy Ma
Brynne McIsaac
Hannah Miller
Mirai Nagasu
Akari Nakahara
Kaitlyn Nguyen
Jenna Shi
Audrey Shin
Bradie Tennell
Ashley Wagner
Angela Wang
Caroline Zhang
Beverly Zhu

MEN
Jason Brown
Nathan Chen
Timothy Dolensky
Ryan Dunk
Goku Endo
Patrick Frohling
Tomoki Hiwatashi
Grant Hochstein
Nicholas Hsieh
Alexander Johnson
Joseph Kang
Aleksei Krasnozhon
Max Lake
Tony Lu
Ross Miner
Maxim Naumov
Camden Pulkinen
Adam Rippon
Eric Sjoberg
Andrew Torgashev
Dinh Tran
Alex Wellman
Jonathan Yang
Paul Yeung
Vincent Zhou

PAIRS
Ashley Cain & Timothy LeDuc
Winter Deardorff & Max Settlage
Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier
Nica Digerness & Danny Neudecker
Sarah Feng & TJ Nyman
Jade Hom/Franz-Peter Jerosch
Tarah Kayne & Danny O’Shea
Laiken Lockley & Keenan Prochnow
Audrey Lu & Misha Mitrofanov
Jessica Pfund & Joshua Santillan
Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim
Erika Smith & AJ Reiss
Deanna Stellato & Nathan Bartholomay
Nadine Wang/Spencer Howe

ICE DANCE
Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton
Isabella Amoia & Luca Becker
Christina Carreira & Anthony Ponomarenko
Madison Chock & Evan Bates
Katarina DelCamp & Maxwell Gart
Alina Efimova & Alexander Petrov
Sophia Elder & Christopher Elder
Caroline Green & Gordon Green
Eliana Gropman & Ian Somerville
Emma Gunter & Caleb Wein
Jocelyn Haines & James Koszuta;
Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker
Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue
Chloe Lewis & Logan Bye
Karina Manta & Joseph Johnson
Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter
Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik
Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons
Katarina Wolfkostin & Howard Zhao

ETA: All the skaters currently listed will have to notify USFS officially if they do not plan to compete in 2018-19 and their names subsequently will be removed from the ISP.

---

2018-19 Team envelope criteria is published here: http://usfigureskating.org/story?id=84105&menu=TeamUSA
(The envelopes are not yet published and could happen after Governing Council meeting in May or whenever skaters notify USFS of their plans for the upcoming season.)

Last edited:

Cleo1782

Preliminary list is published (thanks for the heads up, @sammyf): http://usfigureskating.org/story?id=84156&menu=TeamUSA

LADIES
Starr Andrews
Maxine Marie Bautista
Mariah Bell
Karen Chen
Ting Cui
Amber Glenn
Hanna Harrell
Courtney Hicks
Tessa Hong
Angelina Huang
Gabriella Izzo
Pooja Kalyan
Ashley Lin
Emmy Ma
Brynne McIsaac
Hannah Miller
Mirai Nagasu
Akari Nakahara
Kaitlyn Nguyen
Jenna Shi
Audrey Shin
Bradie Tennell
Ashley Wagner
Angela Wang
Caroline Zhang
Beverly Zhu

MEN
Jason Brown
Nathan Chen
Timothy Dolensky
Ryan Dunk
Goku Endo
Patrick Frohling
Tomoki Hiwatashi
Grant Hochstein
Nicholas Hsieh
Alexander Johnson
Joseph Kang
Aleksei Krasnozhon
Max Lake
Tony Lu
Ross Miner
Maxim Naumov
Camden Pulkinen
Adam Rippon
Eric Sjoberg
Andrew Torgashev
Dinh Tran
Alex Wellman
Jonathan Yang
Paul Yeung
Vincent Zhou

PAIRS
Ashley Cain & Timothy LeDuc
Winter Deardorff & Max Settlage
Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier
Nica Digerness & Danny Neudecker
Sarah Feng & TJ Nyman
Jade Hom/Franz-Peter Jerosch
Tarah Kayne & Danny O’Shea
Laiken Lockley & Keenan Prochnow
Audrey Lu & Misha Mitrofanov
Jessica Pfund & Joshua Santillan
Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim
Erika Smith & AJ Reiss
Deanna Stellato & Nathan Bartholomay
Nadine Wang/Spencer Howe

ICE DANCE
Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton
Isabella Amoia & Luca Becker
Christina Carreira & Anthony Ponomarenko
Madison Chock & Evan Bates
Katarina DelCamp & Maxwell Gart
Alina Efimova & Alexander Petrov
Sophia Elder & Christopher Elder
Caroline Green & Gordon Green
Eliana Gropman & Ian Somerville
Emma Gunter & Caleb Wein
Jocelyn Haines & James Koszuta;
Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker
Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue
Chloe Lewis & Logan Bye
Karina Manta & Joseph Johnson
Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter
Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik
Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons
Katarina Wolfkostin & Howard Zhao

---

2018-19 Team envelope criteria is published here: http://usfigureskating.org/story?id=84105&menu=TeamUSA
(The envelopes are not yet published and could happen after Governing Council meeting in May or whenever skaters notify USFS of their plans for the upcoming season.)

Would Max Aaron have already notified the USFS of his plans to retire since he's not on the list?

Sylvia

TBD
3 pairs notably absent from the list (all of whom competed internationally last season) would seem to indicate their respective splits: Marissa Castelli/Mervin Tran, Chelsea Liu/Brian Johnson, Jessica Calalang/Zack Sidhu.

ETA the official/public announcements by 2017-18 Team USA skaters known to date:

Link to their GSD news thread: Olympic Bronze Medalists Maia & Alex Shibutani to sit out 2018-19 season

ICYMI, Pogrebinsky/Benoit are not listed in the ISP because Alex Benoit announced his retirement from competition last month in order to pursue his passion for acting: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/03/30/270124096/the-inside-edge-krasnozhon-avoids-major-injury

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Are Biechler/Dodge still together? After retirements/sitting out the season, they would be the 8th-best senior ice dance team and they've been doing Challengers, so it seems odd that they aren't included.

Chiera (S12) is not included, though several skaters who finished below her are. Has she retired? Or is she continuing to get the no-name shaft?

Notable oldies on the list: Wagner, C. Zhang; Hochstein, Johnson, and Rippon.

isamelia

Are Biechler/Dodge still together? After retirements/sitting out the season, they would be the 8th-best senior ice dance team and they've been doing Challengers, so it seems odd that they aren't included.

Chiera (S12) is not included, though several skaters who finished below her are. Has she retired? Or is she continuing to get the no-name shaft?

Notable oldies on the list: Wagner, C. Zhang; Hochstein, Johnson, and Rippon.
How About Jordan Moeller?

Sylvia

TBD
Re. Biechler/Dodge: I've been reliably informed that they have split. :(

Julia is concentrating on her singles (she was competitive at the junior level last season), while Damian's plans are not definite at this time.

Last edited:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I thought I was ready and that I had already steeled myself and that I would be fine because I'm so happy that he's happy.

Yeah. I wasn't ready.

:fragile:

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I was taking a platter of sausages out of the stove today and I heard my wife scream from the other room so loud I thought she found my secret collection of foto's from my days in the navy. No! Turns out Ross Minor has not given up, he will be back next year. Amen! Glory be! This news is all most good enough to make up for Adam "alternative life style" Rippon staying in. I wish he would of been out by now, but we can all ways hope.

My wife and I are going to spend the next few days brain-storming music and costume ideas for Ross, we will surely start several threads so other's can enjoy the discussions as well!!

Max Enchilada

Banned Member
I was taking a platter of sausages out of the stove today and I heard my wife scream from the other room so loud I thought she found my secret collection of foto's from my days in the navy. No! Turns out Ross Minor has not given up, he will be back next year. Amen! Glory be! This news is all most good enough to make up for Adam "alternative life style" Rippon staying in. I wish he would of been out by now, but we can all ways hope.

My wife and I are going to spend the next few days brain-storming music and costume ideas for Ross, we will surely start several threads so other's can enjoy the discussions as well!!

I don't think Ross will be back next year! I think he is trying to "stick" it to the USFSA and will leave them hanging at the last minute. He is not a real man and good sport like Max, and doesn't look as good in tight pants either!

Cleo1782

I know you are trolling, but what is the point of these 'funny' responses. Maybe, I am alone, but it's tiresome and petty at this time.

feraina

Wait. So the Shibutanis are sitting out this season/retiring?! And Chock/Bates are not?

aftershocks

Banned Member

Right, how about Jordan Moeller... Is he moving on to other endeavors?

BTW, lots of good luck to Alex Benoit! I have truly enjoyed watching him and Elliana Pogrebinksy on the ice. I can certainly understand Alex pursuing acting though. He's such a charismatic and attractive performer. I will miss seeing him and Elliana. Fingers-crossed for Elliana finding another partner, which may be difficult due to her height.

nimi

Can anybody tell me whether being on ISP has anything to do with remaining in the doping testing pool? I mean obviously you have to be in the latter to be considered for international competitions, but what about the other way around?

Is it usual for athletes who are kinda retired and not on the ISP list, but who are not yet officially retired, to remain in the testing pool for quite some time, even if they have no plans to return to competition in the near future? Or is it more common for athletes to quickly exit the testing pool if they plan to at least take a year off? I'd imagine having to always be available for the pee police visits is quite a hassle (especially if you want to be living a more normal/spontaneous life for a change) and something you don't want to deal with unless you absolutely have to, but IDK.

I'm asking because I just read this passage in the new Raf article (Sylvia posted it here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...utyunyan-interview.103738/page-4#post-5351644) and realized I'm a bit clueless about these pool issues...
Skaters who have not retired remain in the drug testing pool. An athlete who retires and wants to come back must wait six months after re-entering the testing pool to compete.

feraina

I’m surprised Caroline and Grant are still listed. He said several times it’s their last season.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I know you are trolling, but what is the point of these 'funny' responses. Maybe, I am alone, but it's tiresome and petty at this time.
I do not agree that it is tiresome at this time. Every one on this sight has things to add to the discussion, may be their are posters like Titanic Aroma that insult other's, but I am learning alot. For one, my wife and I are sad that Marvin and Melissa are done! They had great music, great fun programs, technical skills ... And what a sense of compassion!

Just because you used to be a figure skater and have such grate "knowledge" from the inside, and I appreciate that and how you said many times that Alex Baldin's cousin John was never really married to Rina Inaeiou, and that was wrong but that's OK! We can be wrong, only the lord is never wrong.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I’m surprised Caroline and Grant are still listed. He said several times it’s their last season.
It is my fervent believe that they think being officially "man" and wife in the Lord's eyes will boost their stamina and they will either compete seperately or together! I know what it is like to finally be able to live with ones forever partner, to share a marital bed and to consume the marriage. Grant and Caroline will learn that soon, but before they must know how much freedom, power, and satisfaction will be added to their duel experiences together!

Please, if you are reading this bored, Grant and Caroline continue to express what ever you want to both on and off the ice!

Sylvia

TBD
Right, how about Jordan Moeller... Is he moving on to other endeavors?
Jordan Moeller is getting ready for his 7th annual "One Skate at a Time" fundraiser/ice show on April 28 in Crestwood, Illinois: http://usfigureskating.org/clubs?id=84137
Last I heard, he was planning to continue competing next season -- hopefully there will be more definitive news when his show takes place. BTW, he just competed in Adult Nationals last week and won the gold in Bronze Dance with his partner. :)

ETA - @nimi, I think this is where Hersh got the info that he included his article: https://www.usada.org/athletes/retire/

Last edited:

Erin

Banned Member
I would hazard a guess that some people on the list like Ross, Adam, etc. just haven't made the official notification to USFS, but still will at some point and be removed then. I guess it's one of those situations where being on the list isn't necessarily all that meaningful about a skater's future plans but being off the list does say something.

We can be wrong, only the lord is never wrong.

I'm assuming by "lord" you mean Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance? (Since I know you aren't a fan of Riverdance, I have to assume you get your Irish dancing fix elsewhere) Or perhaps you misspelled New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde? And if that's the case, I believe the acceptable misspelling is Larde.

Last edited:

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I'm assuming by "lord" you mean Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance? (Since I know you aren't a fan of Riverdance, I have to assume you get your Irish dancing fix elsewhere) Or perhaps you misspelled New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde? And if that's the case, I believe the acceptable misspelling is Larde.
I don't understand much of this, is Fatley a leprechaun? Those movies were awful! I have heard Ireland is a wonderful place to visit, very green all year around.

Also I hope your wrong about the list!

Jayar

If I understand it correctly, one needed to have 225 points to be listed on the ISP as a senior man this season.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Castelli/Tran? :wuzrobbed: I NEED info about whether they have split or are retiring. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information