2017 Summer TV

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
YAY FOR MY CHICAGO SHOWS!!!! :cheer:

Seriously, they made us wait forever for that news...just waiting to hear about Chicago Justice now. :) Gotta admit that as excited as I am for the Chicago shows and Blindspot being renewed, I'm devastated for Timeless not making it. Dang it, that show got SOOOO good and I'm gonna really miss it. :wuzrobbed

ballettmaus

YAY FOR MY CHICAGO SHOWS!!!! :cheer:

Seriously, they made us wait forever for that news...just waiting to hear about Chicago Justice now. :) Gotta admit that as excited as I am for the Chicago shows and Blindspot being renewed, I'm devastated for Timeless not making it. Dang it, that show got SOOOO good and I'm gonna really miss it. :wuzrobbed

Devasted would probably be a bit too strong a word but I'm still bummed. Apparently, NBC renewed Taken even though it had worse ratings but I guess, it was/is cheaper to produce :( There really should be a rule about giving shows a second chance when they're not tanking immediately. There are so many crime shows out there and it was nice to have something different. Not to mention that the cast seemed to work well together and the relationships were interesting.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Devasted would probably be a bit too strong a word but I'm still bummed. Apparently, NBC renewed Taken even though it had worse ratings but I guess, it was/is cheaper to produce :( There really should be a rule about giving shows a second chance when they're not tanking immediately. There are so many crime shows out there and it was nice to have something different. Not to mention that the cast seemed to work well together and the relationships were interesting.

Haha, I might have been a little dramatic but Timeless was the show I most wanted to be renewed so it's cancellation really bummed me out. I so enjoyed that show and I wish they would have given it another chance. I guess it's really expensive to produce too so with them not owning all of it, the writing seems to have been on the wall after so so ratings. :(

love skating

Clueless American
Darn, I loved Timeless too! I watch Blindspot as well, but it's losing its way lately. Any word on Trial and Error on NBC? I unfortunately doubt it will get picked up but that was my favorite new show, so funny. I saw Modern Family was picked up too - I still watch it out of habit but it is not very funny any more.

mkice9

Oh man, I am sad about Timeless too! I thought the cast was really great and it was fun to visit a different time period for each episode. It wasn't my favorite show ever but I was repeatedly surprised at the end of episodes at how enjoyable it was and how time just flew by. For example the Bonnie & Clyde episode or the Houdini episode. Contrast that to Taken where many episodes felt like a chore to finish (TV shouldn't feel like a chore!). This reminds me of how poorly CBS treated Person of Interest (made by Warner Bros). NBC makes Taken and Sony makes Timeless. I might need to quit getting invested in shows that aren't made by the network's company.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
Thrilled for Agents of Shield!! This show has improved so much over the last few seasons, it's so good now. Though I'm kind of sad the Framework arc is all but finished; it was so interesting!

Riverdale's season finale has me all :wuzrobbed: and :eek: I hope the hiatus isn't super long!

Japanfan

Not sure where you are but in Canada they aired 2 episodes last Sunday. If you are in Canada you may want to check for repeats of the second episode before the new show on Sunday.

I did see both episodes, but construed them as one in my mind - especially given that they went by so fast!

Anyone else been enjoying Home Fires on PBS? For those who don't know, it's a story of women in a small British village during WWII. Brilliant ensemble cast and great storylines.

And it's apparently been canned. :(

After ending the second season with a few cliffhangers and an episode that didn't really work as a finale. I am so bummed!

There is a petition to continue the series, but I doubt it will accomplish much. :(:(

skatingguy

decently
I watch '13 Reasons Why' over the weekend - it was very graphic in its depiction of rape and suicide but the cast is tremendous. It certainly puts the issues of suicide and bullying front and centre and doesn't shy away from the various ways that people are bullied.

Skate Talker

Anyone else been enjoying Home Fires on PBS? For those who don't know, it's a story of women in a small British village during WWII. Brilliant ensemble cast and great storylines.

And it's apparently been canned. :(

After ending the second season with a few cliffhangers and an episode that didn't really work as a finale. I am so bummed!

There is a petition to continue the series, but I doubt it will accomplish much. :(:(
If you have been following the All Things PBS thread, there was some chat about the cancellation and links to info about continuing episodes for another season being made available in ebook form shortly.

VGThuy

I just binged on five episodes of Master of None and I think the final scene of episode 5 was quite brilliant for its simplicity. I'm loving this season so far, and I'm pretty convinced that this is pretty auteur television. Between this, getting 6 new episodes of Steven Universe, and the latest episode of The Handmaid's Tale, this has been an excellent week of television. I still haven't started season 2 of Sense8 yet. I think I have to prepare myself for that one.

manhn

Riverdale: Noooo, he can't die!!!!

Riverdale has the best product placements ever. Who knew Cover Girl cosmetics can help determine if people are dead or still breathing, and that their make up won't smudge after drowning in a frozen lake?

Chicago Med: Noooo, he can't die!!!!

I am a sucker for scenes where the whole cast just boogie down. And that look Will gave Natalie, when asking her to dance? Ugh, so dreamy...

Superstore: Noooo, he can't die!!!!

Also, Sandra is the greatest TV character this season. So savage in the finale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information