2016 Grammy Awards

topaz

The duet with Elle Goulding and Audra Day was not bad. Audra's voice is so much more powerful and stronger than Goulding.

Allskate

The duet with Elle Goulding and Audra Day was not bad. Audra's voice is so much more powerful and stronger than Goulding.

Andra has been the highlight so far. Most of it has been underwhelming. But, I am clearly out of step with much of America. I get Taylor Swift's appeal even less now that she is pure pop. I always think she comes across as a pop star wannabe, not a real pop star. And then there's her voice . . .

topaz

Taylor's voice needs work :)

I like the Weekend. Demi Lovato was the best in the Lionel Ritchie tribute.

Spareoom

I'm just here fore Hamilton, haha. Good thing it's coming up soon; I'm in Taiwan and my live stream sucks.

Allskate

I'm only watching to see Adele. (I hope I won't be waiting until the end :shuffle:)

CBS isn't stupid. Get comfortable. You'll be waiting quite awhile.

I like James Bay on the radio. Not as much live. But this is better than I've heard him in the past.

They have some, um, interesting matchups.

Allskate

Adele. Wth. She's awful.

I don't think she was awful. Even at her worst, she sings better than Taylor. But, it was one of the weakest performances I can remember her giving. She has bad stage fright, and I think it got the better of her tonight. She is capable of singing really well live. I saw her live in concert, and she was really good.

Debbie S

Ugh, did the sound have to go out during Adele? At least they got it fixed quickly. Yay for not having to watch the whole show, lol. The Hamilton number was great....maybe some year, I'll be able to get a ticket, lol.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Does anyone else think that the Grammys take themselves way too seriously? At least the Oscars try and have some fun.

Agree Adele was not in best voice tonight. She might have a cold or something. I am not a fan but I can forgive her.

The only interesting category so far was Rock.

shan

What was up with the weird guitar/percussion noises during the first half of Adele's performance? It was weird and distracting. I'm so glad it ended up only piano.

topaz

I didn't think Adele was bad. My mom called me and explained she thought she was very good.

Lacey

I think it was Adele's song, "All I Ask" that was not great, not her singing.

jenny12

I love Hamilton so much. I do however wish they did "My Shot" instead. Lin-Manuel Miranda is brilliant.

Also, loved Kendrick Lamar. Easily the best performance of the night for me so far.

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
I don't think anyone else could have done a Bowie tribute as well as Lady Gaga. Fabulous.
I have been flipping back and forth with the dog show. So I got to watch Beiber, who can't rock his way out of paper bag, and missed the Bowie tribute.....:wuzrobbed

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Since I don't have twitter to make a complaint I need to say out loud that I was disappointed Gaga was doing a tribute for Bowie and that performance confirmed my fears. I felt like I was watching some SNL caricature of Bowie after he was possessed by the spirit of Vegas Elvis.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Since I don't have twitter to make a complaint I need to say out loud that I was disappointed Gaga was doing a tribute for Bowie and that performance confirmed my fears. I felt like I was watching some SNL caricature of Bowie after he was possessed by the spirit of Vegas Elvis.

I thought it was really good

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
That B.B. King tribute was my favorite part of the night so far.

Was a great tribute. Along with Kendrick Lamar and Adele coming through despite the weird sh*t going on with her sound I'd say those three were the performances of the night.

Although I'm curious to see how these Vampires sound ;)

topaz

Well, in all honestly, Niles Rodgers directed the Bowie tribute. They took on too many songs but you can't have everything. There is no doubt that her whole career has been influenced by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information