There's No Business Like Show Business- Broadway, West End, and Other Theater

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Figured we needed a new theater thread after 7 years! I also wanted to make it inclusive of Broadway, Off Broadway, Off-Off Broadway, West End, Off-West End, other professional theater as well as plays, musicals, etc. There's so much to talk about. Why limit it!

I figured we could start off with the full list of Tony Nominees for 2024:

Personally, I'm surprised about how well Hell's Kitchen has been received by Tony voters and reviewers combined to people I know who have seen the show. For musicals, it looks like Hell's Kitchen and Outsiders are out front based on number of nominations.

The biggest winner in the nominations appears to be Stereophonic!

And it looks like Lempicka was hoping for a best musical nomination to increase sales. They didn't get one, and they have announced closing on May 19th.

manhn

Go Suffs and Stereophonic!

Is Hell’s Kitchen really that good? Did not expect that, assumed it was another jukebox musical.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I haven't seen Hell's Kitchen, but everything I've heard is that it's great orchestrations with an unremarkable book?

We are going to New York on June 1st to see Suffs. I think our second show will be Stereophonic, although I'm also considering Outsiders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information