#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

worldsnice12

She is so "on" this season, fantastic skate again for Kaetlyn!
I still believe that if she ever gets to do a clean short AND long, she would beat Medvedeva.

There is nobody in the current field that draws me into the program as much as she does. You can see that she is "hungry" out there, perhaps the fact that she did not make the Worlds team last season really fired her up as a competitor.

It will still be a good fight in the long between her and Daleman, love both of them so let's hope they both put out some spectacular programs!

shutterbug

New Sherwoodparknews.com article: Osmond returns to the top
There are still a number of improvements that I would like to make, especially with my long program. I want to skate that clean, now. The mistakes I have made there are really starting to annoy me. I want to clean those up, but overall, I am really happy right now.”

The LP mistakes are really starting to annoy your fans too, especially when we see you land that danged loop so easily in your exhibition program. :wall: Still, extremely happy that she was able to regain her Canadian title. You can tell it means a lot to her. Best of luck to her for the rest of the season. Fingers crossed that she and Gabby can skate well enough at Worlds to bring home three spots for the Oly season.

VGThuy

I became a fan of her this season. Her skating basics is what ladies skating needs to look like in the future.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Woohoo! So I predicted this season will be her big improvement season when I saw her in JSOI (on TV :shuffle:). :cheer: Well done! Keep staying healthy. :cheer2:

shutterbug

Lance Vipond shared this Facebook post from Kaetlyn's sister Natasha that says it all better than I ever could:
This is what dedication, determination, blood, sweat, tears and success looks like.
Kaetlyn, I am always proud of you every time you take to the ice, but today I am just a little bit more. Not just because you are SECOND in the World, but because you finally did what you knew you could do all along. You are the true definition of a Champion. You have gone through more downs than one should ever experience in their career, and you continue to push and strive to be the very best you could be. You never give up, and that makes you a true inspiration.

I may or may not have shed a few happy tears yesterday. :lol: Congrats to Kaetlyn and her team on a truly remarkable accomplishment. And special thanks to Ravi for encouraging, guiding, and "tricking" her back to competitive form.

Marco

I am so happy that she was able to put this together when it counted. It appears that the injury is truly behind her now.

Looking at the scores, if she had done the 2axel3toe better and the loop, she would only be 10 or less points behind a clean, record-breaking Med. Not uncatchable. Momentum is key for next season.

quartz

scratching at the light
Kaetlyn has such an amazing aura and presence about her, and I don't think she is even fully aware of it. I have total faith that her team will create fabulous programs for her for the Olympic season and she will bring us even more captivating moments. Can't wait to hear what she will be skating to!

Jeanne7

Just rewatched some of the women's Worlds, and Kaetlyn was the only woman (apart from Carolina Kostner) who gave me chills. Granted Med is amazing but Kaetlyn has that "it" factor, a je ne sais quoi! She has such speed, flow, beautiful lines, edges. Her short skate was genius and her long, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle, was quite mesmerizing. Can't wait to see her rise to her full potential in the upcoming season.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting this article link from GSD:
[May 8th] Bev Smith article on Kaetlyn Osmond: THE EMPTY SPACE HAS BEEN FILLED
It's all icing on the cake for this skater: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ar...ng-on-the-cake-for-this-skater-421703383.html
The Edmonton-based skater has already created her Olympic season programs, working with her longtime choreographer, Lance Vipond, as well as Buttle.
"I think they’ll be two of the best programs I’ve ever had. I already love them. Both are to music I’ve wanted to skate to for years," Osmond said, declining to reveal those selections just yet.
Perseverance pays off for Kaetlyn Osmond: http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/local-sports/perseverance-pays-off-for-kaetlyn-osmond
While she was part of Canada’s team that won silver in Sochi in the first-ever team competition, she wants nothing more than to redeem herself from her disappointing 13th place finish in the singles competition.
“I wasn’t proud of how I finished in the individual event at Sochi. I know I can skate better,” said Osmond. “Knowing that I finished second at worlds it’s given me confidence. It’s going to be tough, but I’m going to push for a spot on the podium.”

Kaetlyn and her fellow Team Canada figure skaters at the Olympic Media Summit (OMS) in Calgary: https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4vuCjh2E8/

Getty Images - Kaetlyn's OMS portraits (June 3, 2017)

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Last edited:

mag

You can see during the climbing wall race how much have more height is an advantage. Megan was ahead until she reached the bit where the grips were farther apart. She basically pulled herself through that part with her arm strength.

honey

The new SP is Summertime. Not really sure how I feel about that as a selection. We shall see I guess...but, is it too early to start wishing she just goes back to the Piaf SP? :saint:

https://instagram.com/p/BV06EGkhinR/

She also responded to someone on twitter the other day that she'd be doing a local competition at the beginning of August (Wild Rose).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information