“These Are the Blades of our Lives” podcast on YouTube

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
During the past year, I’ve really enjoyed listening to the These Are the Blades of our Lives irregular podcasts…not weekly but usually just before and after major events.

This week, the lively & knowledgeable podcaster - whose name I’d love to know! - gave a summary of the recent 2023 Four Continents event:

(19 mins total)

However…Did she completely miss the Women’s event? Does anyone else hear it? She covers Pairs, then Men, and finally Dance. Interestingly, the cover photo is of Isabeau in the SP…yet none of the Women are mentioned in the podcast, although all categories are mentioned in the notes.

Frau Muller

p.s. I love this podcaster’s tag line:
“…where I talk to you about figure-skating, like it’s drama for your Momma!”
ROTFL. 😂

Based on some of the comments, I believe that she’s African American, which is especially cool. Her comment in the written notes of this particular episode seems to confirm this.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Maybe the podcaster will record (re-record?) and upload the review of the Women’s event.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting these 4 links in the thread for this podcast: ;)
To cap off the regular 22/23 FS season….
These Are the Blllllaaaaaades of Our Lives provides three delightful episodes on the season’s favorite fs dresses and - yes - she & I agree on a lot….especially the Korean bling factor, LOL! Get your popcorn ready for three episodes (don’t go by the historical cover-photo dresses…these episodes are for the 2022/23 FS season):
Pt 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c9bIf__7aI

Pt 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8auWSNRm4w

Pt 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6AKFAmbjFA. (Includes Three cheers for black cat ears!)
Best of all is the new part 4 installment on best dresses of the 2022/23 season:

Top crowns to South Korea…and Starr Andrews’ red catsuit!

Frau Muller

That’s not all! A 5th & final segment to These are the Blades’ best dresses of the season:

Korea all the way for glam! 🇰🇷

Last edited:

Frau Muller

The podcaster has been posting prediction and reviews of the 23/24 season. Latest is an ultra-emotional review of JGP Budapest and CS Nebelhorn:

I love her emotion and hilarious quips, such as, on Georgian dance teams:

Nepotism baby of the CENTURYYYYY, Diana Davis…”

Or her descriptions of Levito’s dresses.

Every podcaster has his/her strengths - pointing out haircutter positions…or complimenting each others’ sweaters…. or just noting “the facts”…. But nobody instills the funny quips like “These Are the BLAAAAAADES of our Lives”! This gal makes my Monday mornings like no other. Kleenexes ready to wipe the tears of laughter.

Enjoy!

Frau Muller

Here are the predictions of JGP Gdansk and CS Nepela.

Tip-off: At the 9:05 mark she has a doozy of a line about her thoughts on Dance, if Davis/Smolkin beat Lajoie/Lagha due to politics…”I ain’t gonna have that if they pull that b*******!”

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Now I can’t wait for The Blaaaaades review, given what happened at Nepela! 🍿 🍿 🍿

Frau Muller

Here is the Nepela & JGP Gdansk review show!

Update: Just heard it. As dramatic & exciting as I was expecting. I was just surprised a bit that she didn’t care for Cha’s SP Masquerade. Otherwise, I agree with most of her opinions…especially about Deniss’ haircut and the whole Eteri thing.

Last edited:

layman

Here is the Nepela & JGP Gdansk review show!

Update: Just heard it. As dramatic & exciting as I was expecting. I was just surprised a bit that she didn’t care for Cha’s SP Masquerade. Otherwise, I agree with most of her opinions…especially about Deniss’ haircut and the whole Eteri thing.
I agree with everything that she said. I especially like her quote, "I am not saying Eteri is the Devil but she works for him."

I am not resigned, however, to Eteri's continued manipulation of Ice Dance scoring (in favor of her daughter) and I will continue to call it out as I see it.

There is no way that Diana Davis and her partner deserved 2nd place at Nebelhorn (after those sloppy, flat-footed skates full of stumbles and falls). I refuse to let this judging travesty just go...and let Eteri do to International Ice Dance what she did to Russian Ice Dance (which is to wreck it)! Enough is enough! I agree...people need to stand up to her and call her out...for as long as it takes!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I agree with everything that she said. I especially like her quote, "I am not saying Eteri is the Devil but she works for him."

I am not resigned, however, to Eteri's continued manipulation of Ice Dance scoring (in favor of her daughter) and I will continue to call it out as I see it.

There is no way that Diana Davis and her partner deserved 2nd place at Nebelhorn (after those sloppy, flat-footed skates full of stumbles and falls). I refuse to let this judging travesty just go...and let Eteri do to International Ice Dance what she did to Russian Ice Dance (which is to wreck it)! Enough is enough! I agree...people need to stand up to her and call her out...for as long as it takes!
I don't understand the ranting against the supposed hold Eteri has on ice dance. First of all, the ISU seems more than content without rushing to let Russia back into competition. The judging panel at Nepela included an American, Canadian, and Ukranian judge who I am 100% sure as hell don't care about Tutberidze or whatever Russian bloc so many people are convinced of-- but the US had them 3rd in the free dance and Ukraine had them 2nd.

You can't call out stuff 'as you see it' when there's literally zero basis for an Eteri factor of any kind, especially when people don't even seem to know the very basic rules of ice dance scoring (yes, that means questioning how a twizzle fall even got a level or points).

More than the 'Eteri' hate, ice dance scoring has always been a head-scratcher; yet if the program is particularly audience friendly, then the majority of FSU seems to praise the program to no end while ignoring how basic it really is/was. But yes, it's always seemingly Eteri, even when every couple in the competition gets a huge boost in scores from their previous events.

Frau Muller

Latest HUGE recap is packed with fun…even though Nepotism Baby of the Century didn’t compete last week…but there are at least THREE mentions of Nepotism Baby of the Century DIANA DAVIIIIIIISSSSS!” in this show.

Last edited:

layman

Latest HUGE recap is packed with fun…even though Nepotism Baby of the Century didn’t compete last week…but there are at least THREE mentions of Nepotism Baby of the Century DIANA DAVIIIIIIISSSSS!” in this show.

I love how Blades of Our Lives uses the word "matrify" to describe a competitors dress. The word reminds me of the word "petrify." I am imagining a ray gun that zaps people, aging them up by 45 years!

I normally don't ever critique competitor's costumes (because I think costumes are superficial) but I do appreciate Blades of Our Lives critique that Isabeau's costume hides her beautiful lines (that she has worked so hard to develop)!

Frau Muller

It’s the Skate America recap!

Go to minute 9:00 mark to hear her take on Nica Egadze and Eteri (the “Grandpa Juice” possibilities).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information