OES News 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
New Spanish ice dance team! Sophia Bushell & Antonio Pena - training at SK in Madrid.
Re-posting here from the Dance Hall thread:
Sophia Bushell and Antonio Peña are a new ice dance team representing Spain. They're training at Hurtado and Khaliavin's school.
Antonio Pena, 21, skated with his sister in Junior this past season: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00116802.htm
Sophia Bushell (GBR), 19, briefly teamed up with Anthony Haddad last year (she listed herself on IPS in September) and skated with Alex Lapsky before that: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00111279.htm

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Sophia also used to skate with her brother, Curtis, up until Advanced Novice, so they both bring sibling team experience.

Sylvia

TBD
Zoë Pflaum and Linus Mager are a new Junior pair team for Switzerland: https://www.instagram.com/zoelinus_pairskating/
The English version of their GoFundMe says their "goal is to participate in the Junior World Championships in 2025":
Our journey takes us to training in Swindon, England and Zurich Oerlikon, where we work hard under professional guidance to refine our technique and perfect our choreographies. We will train mostly in Swindon, UK with Christopher Boyadji, Zoe Jones, and Lloyd Jones and also live in Great Britain. During the competition phase of the Swiss Cups, however, we will also train again and again in Zurich Oerlikon with our club ESCZ with Gheorghe Chiper and his team.
ETA: I've cross-posted this in the Pairs general discussion thread in the TC.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
According to the Russian media Sofia Titova and Akopova/Rakhmanin are switching to Armenia (I have no idea who are these people. Assume the juniors who never participated a single major international?). According to the same media Titova is too young to participate the 2026 Olympics

Amy L

According to the Russian media Sofia Titova and Akopova/Rakhmanin are switching to Armenia (I have no idea who are these people. Assume the juniors who never participated a single major international?). According to the same media Titova is too young to participate the 2026 Olympics
I recognize the name Titova but I have no other memory whatsoever. Akopova/Rakhmanin have been together for at least 3 seasons and they have taken the brunt of Klimov's terrible music taste over those years :lol: They missed last year's Russian Nationals due to injury, though they usually place in the mid-range of Russian pairs.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Akopova/Rahkmanin are senior eligible and, like @Amy L said, have been around a few seasons now. I'm pretty sure they had at least one or two international assignments in 2021-22 but can't confirm because the ISU's SB and WS links are down at the moment.

ETA - Skating Scores comes through for the info -

Last edited:

LoisAGOEs

Akopova/Rakhmanin were the last Russians to compete internationally before the ban came in if I remember correctly. They were at Challenge Cup and struggled to get back to Russia because borders were closing and travel restrictions were coming in.

Last edited:

Samurina

this is great news. but i wish that since all these ppl are switching why not let russia back in. They let the coaches go to tournaments (actively support war) , but not skaters (even juniors) who honestly have nothing to do with the war.

Karen-W

this is great news. but i wish that since all these ppl are switching why not let russia back in. They let the coaches go to tournaments (actively support war) , but not skaters (even juniors) who honestly have nothing to do with the war.
Nope. There's no need to hear the Russian anthem or see the Russian flag at any competitions. Let the skaters who can switch to other countries do so. At least then the prize money for any placements, etc will go to other federations and won't, hopefully, be used to help fund Putin's sports-washing propaganda machine or state-funded doping schemes.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Genrikh Gautung and Uliana Tashkinova switched from Russia to Germany (again, no idea who are these skaters)

Samurina

Genrikh Gautung and Uliana Tashkinova switched from Russia to Germany (again, no idea who are these skaters)
where did you hear this from? i'd be interested to see a full list even though i don't know who they are.

According to Allskaters:
Genrikh Gautung is actually Heinrich Hartung, so he is of german ancestry so citizenship is likely easily attainable
  • St. Petersburg and Oct. 2007
  • Coached (as of last update) by Viktoria Butsaeva
  • finished 8th at St. Petersburg Senior Championships in 2022- 2023
  • finished 5th at Moscow City Championships in 2022-2023
  • has Triple Axel (stable enough to put in combination)
Ulyana Tashkinova
  • Moscow and February 2010 so 14 yrs old for upcoming season
  • Coached by Lyudmila Kulikova (never heard of her)
  • finished last at the final comp. she participated in
  • 2A UR or 3S, 3Lo << as of last competition (Likely has not gotten better if she now trains in Germany)

Miezekatze

Googling showed Genrikh Gautung skated in a local ice show in Augsburg in February, but couldn't find anything else.

skateblessing

where did you hear this from? i'd be interested to see a full list even though i don't know who they are.

According to Allskaters:
Genrikh Gautung is actually Heinrich Hartung, so he is of german ancestry so citizenship is likely easily attainable
  • St. Petersburg and Oct. 2007
  • Coached (as of last update) by Viktoria Butsaeva
  • finished 8th at St. Petersburg Senior Championships in 2022- 2023
  • finished 5th at Moscow City Championships in 2022-2023
  • has Triple Axel (stable enough to put in combination)
Ulyana Tashkinova
  • Moscow and February 2010 so 14 yrs old for upcoming season
  • Coached by Lyudmila Kulikova (never heard of her)
  • finished last at the final comp. she participated in
  • 2A UR or 3S, 3Lo << as of last competition (Likely has not gotten better if she now trains in Germany)
So we are talking about single skaters? I was confused about their first post and thought we were talking about a ID team.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
A single skater Belovodchenko and an ice dancer Muratov are switching to Poland (who are these people?)

Sylvia

TBD
A single skater Belovodchenko and an ice dancer Muratov are switching to Poland (who are these people?)
I'm posting transfers & requests in the Russian news thread (see May 30 - translation now copied out below): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ating-news-in-2024.111670/page-2#post-6600357
Ukrainian Muratov?
No. ETA: OOPS, serves me right for not double checking first.
As Match TV learned, Russian figure skaters Oleg Muratov and Anatoly Belovodchenko received exemptions from the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR), both plan to continue their careers under the flag of Poland.
Muratov performs in ice dancing; together with Sofia Kachushkina, he took tenth place at the 2022 Russian Championship and fourth place at the 2022 Moscow Championship. The athlete was born in Kharkiv and has been competing for Russia since 2020. The 21-year-old skater trained under the guidance of Alexander Zhulin and Alexander Sitnikov.
Belovodchenko also performs in ice dancing; the 24-year-old athlete became a medalist and winner of the Russian Cup stages.

Last edited:

On My Own

Someone called Sofia Titova has obtained her release from the Russian federation to skate for Armenia.

Sylvia

TBD
Luxembourg’s JGP singles competitor Ysaline Hibon, 18, is switching to ice dance:

Her IPS profile lists Fabian Bourzat as her coach ("I would like to form the first ice dance couple representing Luxembourg."): https://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=7595

Karen-W

bladesofgorey

Anastasiia Gubanova was in Belgium for new programs choreo from Adam Solya - no music announced yet.

That's going to make all of those Russian coaches and media figures who called Leona's program this year trashy compared to Anastasiia's heads explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information