2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

skategal

Bunny mama
Looks like it’s going to be windy too! This tough Northern Ontario girl who is not really bothered by the cold thought I would be just fine in my leather jacket, but I’m rethinking now.
Same.

I was planning on bringing a light puffer jacket, no boots, no hat, no gloves thinking Montreal would be warmer than Halifax.

Have to reconsider that now.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
For those of us staying at the Marriott Chateau Champlain, we don’t have to go outdoors to access the Bell Centre, correct?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
For me, it will be a couple of hoodies, a puffer with hood, and my Allbirds Mizzle high tops. I may bring Sorel boots if they fit in my carryon. Those things are too dangled expensive to get out of my eyesight.

Is anyone expecting to do a fully tiffed dinner? I can bring a nice sweater, but would prefer to stick to arena clothes.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I’m gonna freeze :rofl:

I think I will just bring my ankle Sorel boots and a trench coat? It’s lined, pretty warm. I’m such a basic white girl. I do have a gray parka, but that seems a little bit overkill.

How cold is the arena?

Debbie S

Temps outside will be in the 30s (according to current forecasts) so I'll be wearing my winter down jacket. It doesn't look like we'll have much (or any) snow, so I won't bring my Uggs. Those are very uncomfortable to travel in and I could never wear them sitting in an arena all day.

skategal

Bunny mama
This is good news that I wasn't aware of! I have heard conflicting info and some people were saying it was actually just easier to walk directly outside than navigate the maze underground.
I don’t know if it’s easier to walk outside or not. I just know that you don’t have to. :lol:

IIRC, there is a small elevator that takes you from the underground to the lobby of the hotel.

Could be a line up for that elevator though.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
RockerSkating (Jackie Wong) has done some Montreal promotion on behalf of Skate Canada :)

skategal

Bunny mama
Note to everyone travelling back to USA from Montreal.

Save yourself a lot of trouble in US customs and do the MPC app.

Bit of a gong show if you don’t.

I came though there this morning and regret not having done the app. 45-60 minute wait

Good thing I got there early.

manhn

I came though there this morning and regret not having done the app. 45-60 minute wait

Never even heard of MPC. Is it better than Nexus?

azcalder

Do I need it for the train? Montreal > NYC?

AnnM

I was a little skeptical of the MPC app when I was visiting Vancouver in October, but decided to try it. Glad I did. When I got to the airport the regular line was 30-40 people deep and the MPC line had 1 person ahead of me.

Oreo

Presumably you use this if you don't have Global Entry?

chewy

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
You don't have to but it isn't a direct route. It's best to put on your most Montreal face, ignore any weather and jaywalk across the street into Windsor station and from there stay inside into Centre Bell. This might be helpful, french only, desolee.

Thanks! I figured out if I search Réso Montréal Souterrain on Google maps, it shows the whole underground system in blue. This is bringing back lots of memories of the habitrail in St. Paul. 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information