2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

kimkom

No airport shuttle to the Sheraton Centre! Boo! Cabs are a flat rate of about $50, so not horrible. I did a quick walk around the hotel/arena on Google maps and couldn’t find a Tim Hortons…I might die!! :p

Former Lurve Goddess

When I went to Vancouver for SCI, I pulled out a small amount of Canadian cash from an ATM mostly to tip hotel staffers, but it also came in handy at a street fair I stumbled upon one day. Everywhere else accepted cards. Just check to make sure your preferred card doesn't charge any foreign transaction fees.

I did see that St. Viateur Bagel is cash only so if that's on your itinerary be aware.
Wilensky's is also cash only.

Former Lurve Goddess

No airport shuttle to the Sheraton Centre! Boo! Cabs are a flat rate of about $50, so not horrible. I did a quick walk around the hotel/arena on Google maps and couldn’t find a Tim Hortons…I might die!! :p
There's a Tim Hortons at René Lévesque and Beaver Hall. But Tims has never been quite as popular in Quebec as the ROC. I'd never had a timbit until I was in my 20s!

skatingguy

decently

There's a Tim Hortons at René Lévesque and Beaver Hall. But Tims has never been quite as popular in Quebec as the ROC. I'd never had a timbit until I was in my 20s!
The one on Stanley is closer I think.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
There is a Starbucks in the Sheraton Centre, according to my pre-travel information.

Sonata

Note: a tall is a "mezzo":coffee:
This is important info. You never know what dirty look you will get.
I believe the 747 express bus from the airport will take you to your hotel, if you get off at Stanley. https://www.admtl.com/en/access/transports/buses-747 Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
This is important info. You never know what dirty look you will get.

I believe the 747 express bus from the airport will take you to your hotel, if you get off at Stanley. https://www.admtl.com/en/access/transports/buses-747 Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes I always took that bus to the downtown hotels when my daughter was training in Montreal. It’s really easy to catch from the airport and the $11 fare includes access to other public transport but the Sheraton is just one bus rider from the airport

kimkom

The 747 Airport Bus is super easy and convenient.
Yes I always took that bus to the downtown hotels when my daughter was training in Montreal. It’s really easy to catch from the airport and the $11 fare includes access to other public transport but the Sheraton is just one bus rider from the airport

Great, that’ll work. Just not sure where to get off. I’m not a very experienced traveller. :lol:

livetoskate

Great, that’ll work. Just not sure where to get off. I’m not a very experienced traveller. :lol:
This website has a lot of info about taking the 747 bus from the airport. If you scroll down, she gives the names of the stops & which hotels are near each one. Looks like Mansfield would be near the Bell Centre. I plan to try the bus from the airport, but would spring for an Uber or taxi to get back.

kimkom

This website has a lot of info about taking the 747 bus from the airport. If you scroll down, she gives the names of the stops & which hotels are near each one. Looks like Mansfield would be near the Bell Centre. I plan to try the bus from the airport, but would spring for an Uber or taxi to get back.

Thank you!! :cheer:

Sonata

I don’t think you have to worry about getting off at wrong stop. It goes directly from airport to downtown and then most of the stops are along Rene-Levesque. So even if you get off at the wrong stop, you won’t be far from your hotel.

shutterbug

Fellow Tim's addict here - there's one at 1257 Rue Peel, a 5 min walk from the Sheraton as per Google maps. Opens at 5 am apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information