2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

Former Lurve Goddess

Poutine since it originated there. It’s all about the gravy btw lol. Montreal bagels (I can get them in Ottawa) .. French onion soup (I 😍 French onion soup though lol).
Yes, Ottawa has great Montreal-style bagels but part of the experience is the ritual of going to St. Viateur or Fairmount (and arguing about which bagels are better ;) ).

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Also close by, indoor skating rink surrounded by food court

1000 De La Gauchetière Street West

This unique indoor skating rink invites you to lace up your skates and glide to the lively beat of music year-round. With the sun rays shining through the immense glass dome above, the Atrium Le 1000 stands out; it is located on the main floor of Montreal’s and the province of Quebec’s tallest building!

For anyone thinking of doing this, it's kind of fun to skate in the middle of an office building atrium. But "the sun rays shining through the immense glass dome" means that the ice can be....variable, and IME the rental skates are....variable as well. So be careful, and don't expect to be able to bust out your best moves on the ice :lol:

AnnM

Anyone know if the outdoor ice rink and sliding hills at Mont Royal are typically open the last week of March?

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Anyone know if the outdoor ice rink and sliding hills at Mont Royal are typically open the last week of March?
The outdoor refrigerated rinks open till April, is it this one?
⛸ESPLANADE TRANQUILLE: Skating at the Quartier des Spectacles:
Refrigerated ice rink till april.

Rental skates available.
11 min by car, 25 minutes by walk from the Bell Centre.
Sunday - Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Thurdsay - Saturday: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.

AnnM

The outdoor refrigerated rinks open till April, is it this one?
⛸ESPLANADE TRANQUILLE: Skating at the Quartier des Spectacles:
Refrigerated ice rink till april.

Rental skates available.
11 min by car, 25 minutes by walk from the Bell Centre.
Sunday - Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Thurdsay - Saturday: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.

No, it's a different one at the park: https://montreal.ca/en/places/parc-du-mont-royal-refrigerated-rink. But it's also a refrigerated rink, so maybe it will still be item too. I think my kids are really hoping for the sledding/tubing hills though.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
No, it's a different one at the park: https://montreal.ca/en/places/parc-du-mont-royal-refrigerated-rink. But it's also a refrigerated rink, so maybe it will still be item too. I think my kids are really hoping for the sledding/tubing hills though.
That sound exciting. Montréal is a wonderful city and for those coming from the US really cheap with the exchange and it’s a lot cheaper in general for everything (hotels meals) than places like Toronto. Plus it feels like you are in a city in Europe.

Judy

We’ve been having a El Niño winter but could be followed by a La Niña in summer/fall onwards.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
We’ve been having a El Niño winter but could be followed by a La Niña in summer/fall onwards.
How much snirt is left in the city? I’m debating which boots to bring and based on the lack of snow, I’m tempted to wear my Allbirds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information