2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

azcalder

I was able to use my credit from last time, and booked the 11am Saturday tour, We will miss the first few free dances (it goes until 2), but I can handle that. The only other days it operates are Tuesday and Friday, and they start at 1 on those days, which is late. I booked the "Old Montreal" tour. There is also a "Mile End" one.
The link did not open for me. Perhaps it's because I'm in the U.S.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The link did not open for me. Perhaps it's because I'm in the U.S.
Just click through as the other links work.

As I’m least interested in the men’s short, I was looking for something on Thursday. No luck as they don’t start Thursday tours until April.

Gr8Sk8

On the Bell Centre website under Security they have a slightly different list of banned items - this list includes computers and tablets as banned.

LIST OF FORBIDDEN ITEMS:​

• All backpacks, coolers and sports bags, regardless of size.
  • Any bag exceeding 35cm X 35cm X 15.25cm size; we encourage clients to bring bags that can easily be stowed under seats.
  • Hard-covered briefcases.
  • Any weapon, knife, aerosol, capsicum (pepper spray) or other (see next section).
  • Flags, banners or posters that might obstruct an audience member's view.
  • Outside food, drinks, alcohol, glass bottles and cans.
  • Professional cameras with lenses over 2.5" or any other type of detachable lens.
  • Professional video / audio recording equipment, selfie sticks or similar monopods.
  • Drones or other similar objects.
  • Any object that makes noise (bells, horns).
  • Any animal.
  • Fireworks or other pyrotechnical apparatus.
  • Laser pointers.
  • Any object that is deemed suspicious by security personnel.
  • Computers & tablets

LocketGo (Lock and Go) lockers are available near the Lucien L'Allier entrance of the Bell Center. Need to sign up on the LocketGo website. For hockey games and other upcoming concerts, price of $9.20 per day

Oreo

On the Bell Centre website under Security they have a slightly different list of banned items - this list includes computers and tablets as banned.

• Any bag exceeding 35cm X 35cm X 15.25cm size; we encourage clients to bring bags that can easily be stowed under seats.
  • Any weapon, knife, aerosol, capsicum (pepper spray) or other (see next section).
  • Professional cameras with lenses over 2.5" or any other type of detachable lens.
  • Professional video / audio recording equipment, selfie sticks or similar monopods.
  • Any animal.
  • Laser pointers.
  • Computers & tablets

LocketGo (Lock and Go) lockers are available near the Lucien L'Allier entrance of the Bell Center. Need to sign up on the LocketGo website. For hockey games and other upcoming concerts, price of $9.20 per day
Thank you so much for bolding that tablets are banned! I would have brought my iPad mini to read books on during the breaks and now will make sure to bring a paperback.

Gr8Sk8

Also close by, indoor skating rink surrounded by food court

1000 De La Gauchetière Street West

This unique indoor skating rink invites you to lace up your skates and glide to the lively beat of music year-round. With the sun rays shining through the immense glass dome above, the Atrium Le 1000 stands out; it is located on the main floor of Montreal’s and the province of Quebec’s tallest building!

Former Lurve Goddess

• Any animal.
  • Laser pointers.
  • Computers & tablets

Thanks for this. I guess my mini backpack purse is also a no no.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Back in 2020, I think a few of us had booked a food & walking tour with this company: https://localfoodtours.com/montreal/our-tours/

For those of us who had a ticket back then, the credit should still be valid (I just checked mine).

Once the detailed competition/practice schedule is available, would anyone be interested in trying the food tour again? It looks like they do Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. (Well, also Monday, but selfishly I won't be there early enough on Monday and I want to go! :p)
I booked as well for the Saturday 11 am

4rkidz

For those of you in downtown hotels you can basically get to the arena using the underground walkways that go through various plazas and a train station. For example those at L’apartment hotel can go from McGill on green line walking underground to grand central and then continuing to Bonaventure on the orange line then a covered walkway to the arena.
Halfway between is the grand central train station where there are great foodie places and bakery’s and high end groceries near the Fairmont, again all underground. You can search or google on YouTube as well.

livetoskate

On a positive note, there is a full grocery store very close to the Bell Centre. Provigo is part of the Loblaws chain. Open at 7am weekdays, 8am weekends, to 9pm each night.

1275, av. des Canadiens de Montréal

Thanks! I always feel gross going to skating events & living off pretzels, nachos, fries & chicken tenders. Nice to know we can get our own food at this grocery store.

Last edited:

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Btw very close = literally right in front of the Bell Centre. :) There’s a Starbucks in the same spot as well. Also a newish bagel shop and if you start going up towards Ste-Catherine there’s an Italian gourmet store (Italimenti I think).

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I was able to use my credit from last time, and booked the 11am Saturday tour, We will miss the first few free dances (it goes until 2), but I can handle that. The only other days it operates are Tuesday and Friday, and they start at 1 on those days, which is late. I booked the "Old Montreal" tour. There is also a "Mile End" one.
My credit is supposed to be for $95, but when I redeem it it's only giving me $75. Once I get that sorted out, I'll book the Saturday morning one too!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Arena food = never, ever awesome.

You’d probably be ok with a smoked meat sandwich though (I googled concessions there).

I’ve been looking at menus of a lot of places around the arena and didn’t realize that smoked meat is such a popular item in Montreal. I don’t remember that from my first trip there. My stomach will be staying far away from that. 😬

Judy

I’ve been looking at menus of a lot of places around the arena and didn’t realize that smoked meat is such a popular item in Montreal. I don’t remember that from my first trip there. My stomach will be staying far away from that. 😬
Yes Montreal is well known for it but you can definitely find what you enjoy eating too.

Oreo

You might just try it on your shoulder. I know that TD Garden doesn’t view them as backpacks.
If you have a backpack purse, make sure you go through a security line with a female inspector. They’ll know what the purse is about; the guys won’t necessarily. I can’t remember what arena I had to do that one at.

4rkidz

In case anyone is looking for recs for what to do/where to eat in Montreal, someone has put together a very well organized Facebook page with lots of options! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61556811050640

My favourite is on that Facebook and it is the Cathcart Food Court .. see below from the page

Located at the Place Villemarie, all under one roof, with a spectacular glass pavilion connecting you to the heart of the city. From Japanese cantina to pizzeria, from brasserie to Italian sandwiches, from salads and other healthy treats to hamburgers, coffee, pastries, ice cream, poke bowls, and amazing Mexican, Cantonese, Korean, Lebanese and local Montreal fare… it’s all here. Cozy ambiance.

Splendid food fair.
Also offering Thursday 5 to 7.
10 min walk from the Bell Centre.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Do you know if there’s a link with an English version of this?
Sorry, i couldn't find one. :(

It's weird because I got to the menu via a link at the bottom of this page on the English-language site: https://centrebell.ca/en/quick-serve so I would have expected the menu to be in English. But basically the gist is:

The burger place has veggie burgers and GF buns
The hot dog place has veggie dogs and everything is available GF except the Bao Dog
The sushi place has veggie sushi options
The Mediterranean place (CHOPA) has a veggie option and also hummus
The pizza place has veggie pizzas and a GF crust option
Most places have a vegetarian poutin option and the three Habs places also have a GF poutin option (because Montreal)

It basically says they have lays chips and cheese pizza. Nothing substantial
That's not really true - see above - although I did LOL when I saw them listing Lay's potato chips as a GF choice.

fan

Sorry, i couldn't find one. :(

It's weird because I got to the menu via a link at the bottom of this page on the English-language site: https://centrebell.ca/en/quick-serve so I would have expected the menu to be in English. But basically the gist is:

The burger place has veggie burgers and GF buns
The hot dog place has veggie dogs and everything is available GF except the Bao Dog
The sushi place has veggie sushi options
The Mediterranean place (CHOPA) has a veggie option and also hummus
The pizza place has veggie pizzas and a GF crust option
Most places have a vegetarian poutin option and the three Habs places also have a GF poutin option (because Montreal)

That's not really true - see above - although I did LOL when I saw them listing Lay's potato chips as a GF choice.
Sorry, I was focusing on the GF stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information