How would Jamie Sale have done in singles if she did not find another pairs partner

thunderbolts

I doubt she would have had anywhere near the success she had in pairs. She simply was not a strong enough jumper for one thing. However she showed great promise in singles, I think she was 4th at Canadians once when she was still going through different pair partners between Jason and David, and trying to do both. If she focused just on singles with the super weak ladies field in Canada that whole era (Jennifer Robinson a 6 time Champion, LOL) maybe she could have eventually become Canadian Champion and made top 10 or higher at worlds. What do you think.

Rock2

I think the over under is more like 'could she land a clean triple in competition that is not the 3T in any given year'?

That would be the more robust debate.

thunderbolts

I think the over under is more like 'could she land a clean triple in competition that is not the 3T in any given year'?

That would be the more robust debate.

She had a great triple salchow, a strong double axel, and a decent triple flip. With more focus on only singles she likely gains the lutz and loop easily, and her flip becomes more solid like her salchow and toe.

Rock2

She had a great triple salchow, a strong double axel, and a decent triple flip. With more focus on only singles she likely gains the lutz and loop easily, and her flip becomes more solid like her salchow and toe.

I don't tend to consider her has 'having' a jump until it's landed in competition.
At 1995 Canadian nationals and junior worlds she failed to land one triple.
At 1998 Canadian nationals (if memory serves she didn't qualify for nationals in 96, 97 - scary for how bad that era was), she only landed a 3T.

So, I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

Bellanca

I see her as having a Kerrigan-like career. The two have temperamental similarities, imo.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I mean, totally focusing on singles, I can see her winning bronze at Canadiens.

But I don't see her beating Robinson or Bellemare.

Maybe they'd send her to 4CC where she could battle Gizmo for a top 10 placement.

muffinplus

I would be more interested in seeing Meagan Duhamel in singles..yes I know that's not the question of the thread

puglover

I saw Jamie compete in singles at a Sask Skate during the time between her partnership ending with Jason and starting with David. I can't remember exactly what she landed but not a lot of triples. She placed on the podium which really infuriated one of the skating moms from our club whose daughter also competed senior. Although I could see her point, Jamie (although not at her best) was so much more entertaining than any of the other girls I could see why the judges were encouraging her. For me, Jamie always had the spark and personality that played to the last row in the arena. I am glad her career didn't end there.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I saw Jamie compete in singles at a Sask Skate during the time between her partnership ending with Jason and starting with David. I can't remember exactly what she landed but not a lot of triples. She placed on the podium which really infuriated one of the skating moms from our club whose daughter also competed senior. Although I could see her point, Jamie (although not at her best) was so much more entertaining than any of the other girls I could see why the judges were encouraging her. For me, Jamie always had the spark and personality that played to the last row in the arena. I am glad her career didn't end there.

As a singles' skater, Sale was a great entertainer. Paired with David Pelletier, she was magical. Their performances were so private and personal, I sometimes felt like I was spying on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information