The first President George Bush has died

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
From various places on Twitter:

[B]CBS News[/B]‏Verified account @[B]CBSNews[/B] 3m3 minutes ago
More

BREAKING: George H.W. Bush, the 41st president of the United States whose long life in the public sphere was defined by service, has died at the age of 94 https://cbsn.ws/2BJRbEt

More

BREAKING: Former US President George H.W. Bush has died. He led through a time of sweeping global change, including the collapse of the Soviet Union. He was 94. https://cnn.it/2RwEyT2

[B]Harrison Golden[/B]‏Verified account @[B]harrisongolden[/B] 6m6 minutes ago
More

Former President George H.W. Bush’s death comes only 7 months and 13 days after the death of his wife, former First Lady Barbara Bush.

RIP, George H.W. Bush. Airman, family man, oilman, aristocrat, diplomat, legislator, party man, spymaster, statesman, Vice President, President, dynast, elder statesman. A long and accomplished life.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Sad to hear. President George H.W. Bush was a good man, not perfect but a good and decent man. I'm sure he's with his wife Barbara again, and at peace. It must have been very difficult for him missing her these past months. The end of an era in many ways. I'm sorry this happened for the Bushes around the holidays, but if their Dad was continuing to fail in health, in some ways they may greet it as a blessing, aside from the grief of missing him, and having lost the matriarch of their family in the same year.

I lost a couple of elderly people important to me this year and my mother two years ago.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Sad news, RIP with his beloved Barbara.

From a Brit point of view, he was the least memorable US President during my lifetime. (My first real memory of one was Reagan) so I think that’s probably a good thing.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I didn't always agree with him, politically. But I served in the military under him and did not resent it. And I always thought and felt him to be a man of ethics, values, dignity and strength. Similarly to McCain, no one can argue that he did not spend a huge portion of his life, the majority of it, in service to this country and all of it's citizens. Rest in peace, gentle soul.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
I didn't always agree with him, politically. But I served in the military under him and did not resent it. And I always thought and felt him to be a man of ethics, values, dignity and strength. Similarly to McCain, no one can argue that he did not spend a huge portion of his life, the majority of it, in service to this country and all of it's citizens. Rest in peace, gentle soul.

Beautifully said..Thank you for your service.

easilydistracte

Geezette
In case anyone wants a :lol: and a :):

Dana Carvey Impersonates GHWB at the White House, Christmas 1992

Apparently, Bush-41 loved Carvey’s impersonations of him, and would religiously watch Saturday Night Live to see it.
Love that clip. So refreshing to see someone who took his job and duties seriously but didn't take himself seriously. Liked how the audience included White House Staff (including the chefs), the press and military personnel among others. The reactions of various persons in the crowd [as in "I can't believe Dana Carvey actually did that!"] are priceless.

Have been wondering what will happen to his service dog, Sully [ https://www.instagram.com/sullyhwbush/ ]. It would be lovely if the Bush family could keep the dog; however, it would not surprise me, given the Bush family's philanthropic bent, if Sully were to be offered to another disabled veteran in need, since Sully is less than three years old.

I'm struck by how much President Bush believed in the US and how he continually expressed his gratitude for being able to be of service to his country and his fellow citizens.

End of an era. RIP Mr. President.

ilovepaydays

Love that clip. So refreshing to see someone who took his job and duties seriously but didn't take himself seriously. Liked how the audience included White House Staff (including the chefs), the press and military personnel among others. The reactions of various persons in the crowd [as in "I can't believe Dana Carvey actually did that!"] are priceless.

I’ve been spending the day watching YouTube videos of Bush-41 and Carvey’s impersonation of him.

Bush-41 really didn’t like broccoli. At all. 🥦

SNL - President George H.W. Bush on Support for War in Iraq
SNL - President George H.W. Bush on Holiday Gift Ideas

:lol:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was out of town, and without access to news of any kind. This morning on my way back, I saw the headline on a newspaper when I went to a gift shop at Fresno airport. A death is always sad but president Bush 41 lived a meaningful life, in service to others and the country. He was magnanimous in defeat to Bill Clinton in 1992. He had a wonderful family and he lived a good life. So many positives in his life.

May he rest in Peace.

Poor George W. Lost both parents in less than a year. :(

Moto Guzzi

RIP, President Bush.

Yesterday afternoon, the Union Pacific special passenger train came through my hometown (Parsons, KS) on its journey to Texas to join with the President Bush locomotive 4141 for the President Bush funeral train later this week. A UP website document "Funeral Train Consist" has interior photos and descriptions of these special cars: https://www.up.com/media/media_kit/bush41/index.htm.

My sister took a video and photo of the train as it passed through town.

Last edited:

Ohyes

RIP, President Bush.

Yesterday afternoon, the Union Pacific special passenger train came through my hometown (Parsons, KS) on its journey to Texas to join with the President Bush locomotive 4141 for the President Bush funeral train later this week. A UP website document "Funeral Train Consist" has interior photos and descriptions of these special cars: https://www.up.com/media/media_kit/bush41/index.htm.

My sister took a video and photo of the train as it passed through town.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...mFSpzXbKxG-TacC0csCWpwhNa79mm3c7o3-Qlzmyy6g6u

WAR CRIMINAL

Ohyes

he was an evil racist man and a war criminal take off your rose-colored glasses folks he:
-He authored the family planning act which led to the sterilization of thousands of indigenous women
-Under his order, thousands of Iraqi civilians died included thousands of children
-he opposed the civil rights act when he was running for Senate in Texas in 1964 he also vetoed the 1990 civil rights act
- 8 women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against him
-Invaded Panama
- Cut research funding to aids

no RIP from me. burn in hell.

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
he was an evil racist man and a war criminal take off your rose-colored glasses folks he:
-He authored the family planning act which led to the sterilization of thousands of indigenous women
-Under his order, thousands of Iraqi civilians died included thousands of children
-he opposed the civil rights act when he was running for Senate in Texas in 1964 he also vetoed the 1990 civil rights act
- 8 women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against him
-Invaded Panama
- Cut research funding to aids

no RIP from me. burn in hell.

No class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information