Canadian Ice Dance 2018-19 season news & updates

Sylvia

TBD
Not too hard to get 🇯🇵 citizenship....look at Koleto!!! Just need to get married!!!
This is not true. Please refer to what rosewood posted in the Japanese news thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...eason-news-updates.103938/page-4#post-5394081
FWIW, I have reliable info that Orihara/Royer are skating in/for Canada this season.

As I mentioned in the ISU Challenger Series thread, Skate Canada has posted their first 2 CS assignments on their website -- the 2 dance teams are:
Haley Sales/Nikolas Wamsteeker to the U.S. International Classic in Salt Lake City (Sept. 12-15)
Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier to Nebelhorn Trophy (Sept. 26-29)

Colonel Green

The race for bronze at Nationals kicked off at the Quebec championnats. Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen placed 0.87 ahead of Soucisse/Firus in the rhythm dance.

Both programs looked very nice.

RoseRed

The race for bronze at Nationals kicked off at the Quebec championnats. Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen placed 0.87 ahead of Soucisse/Firus in the rhythm dance.

Both programs looked very nice.

Both got most of their levels, two level 3s each (though not the same elements) and the rest 4s. FB/S did have a deduction for an extended lift, otherwise they would have been a little more ahead.

Dobre

So Fisher & Mallette-Paquette withdrew from the Quebec event today. And they were removed from Bratislava. Probably some kind of injury then? Have they been assigned to a later JGP on the Skate Canada website?

rinkside

So Fisher & Mallette-Paquette withdrew from the Quebec event today. And they were removed from Bratislava. Probably some kind of injury then? Have they been assigned to a later JGP on the Skate Canada website?
They are subs for Bratislava and Linz and nothing for Lithuania. That's as far as I can find.

Colonel Green

Lajoie/Lagha just debuted their "Warsaw Concerto" free dance. Marjorie had a small stumble at one point (not on a hard element, so I'm guessing it was a loss of concentration), but otherwise, looking locked and loaded for the JGP.

This being Championnats, their FD score was larger than the total scores of about half the competitors.

dramagrrl

Really, really enjoyed Lajoie/Lagha's FD. I'm trying not to love them too much because lately, every young team I fall for ends up splitting up (still crying over Julianne and Charlie; never going to get over it :wuzrobbed ), but they're making it very difficult!

Colonel Green

Really, really enjoyed Lajoie/Lagha's FD. I'm trying not to love them too much because lately, every young team I fall for ends up splitting up (still crying over Julianne and Charlie; never going to get over it :wuzrobbed ), but they're making it very difficult!
Hey, they already split three years ago and then got back together a few months later, so hopefully they've gotten that out of the way.

Erin

Banned Member
I remember hearing that she was going to be having tryouts after they got back from their first World Juniors. I had assumed the person got it wrong but must have been some truth in the rumour after all, the split just didn’t stick.

barbarafan

I didn't know that! Wish the same thing would happen with certain others, cough cough.
I remember that..I saw them together once and thought wow...Then the next year at my yearly competition I go to she was with someone else...I was very disappointed.They were entered at another competition shortly after but withdrew and next I heard she was back with Zackary.

barbarafan

Both their performances were totally wow. I do love this yrs free dance whereas I was not fond of last yr's. They scored well with it but I found it a bit wild and part of it a bit jerky. This year's is spot on. I can't wait to see how it is rec'd by international judges this year.

I also love the new partnership between Alicia Fabbri and Paul Ayer. There were improvements on certain elements from Minto but he fell in the middle of a sequence which looked pretty random. Claudio of course was amazing but he has aged out of juniors..He was there watching her compete though...great partner for sure.

Vinyame

I remember that..I saw them together once and thought wow...Then the next year at my yearly competition I go to she was with someone else...I was very disappointed.They were entered at another competition shortly after but withdrew and next I heard she was back with Zackary.
When was it?

Lara111

Fabri/Ayer are very very good not even for a new team. I like them better then L/L. There is a real connection there.

barbarafan

Fabri/Ayer are very very good not even for a new team. I like them better then L/L. There is a real connection there.
ITA I had not seen anything of the pairing just their entry to summer skate. I was just happy she had found a partner and really did not expect much this yr. I am not sure when they got together but it had to be April or after that. When I saw them at Minto I was thrilled. They looked like seasoned professionals and scored well even though there were small errors that cost them. Crossing fingers that all goes well at their JGP. I will be watching it for sure.

barbarafan

Lajoie/Lagha were split during the summer of 2015 -- she registered for at least one event with Anton Spiridonov.

That would have been the one I saw....the Summer skate.....they were saying in the stands that she had split with Lagha and people were not impressed. Then she and new partner withdrew from an event which was following that one.

Vinyame

So good they got back together, maybe there is not much chemistry between them (yet?) but I do think they're really well matched. I read an article from this or last year and I remember Zach saying that they both aim to be successful in seniors so I hope they will stay together to continue after this season. I couldn't bear their split, lol :)

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ The above link is the Quebec Summer Championships FD of Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen to last season's music ("Spanish Caravan" by The Doors, "Hush" and "Asturias" performed by Marcin Patrzalek) that they competed through 2018 Europeans.

Re-posting @cgirl8's links from the Soucisse/Firus fan thread (thanks), including this fan cam of their SD debuted at the Quebec comp.: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rwcol
Short article in the Journal de Montréal from the competition this past weekend: https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2...rale-pour-carolane-soucisse-et-son-partenaire
English translation: http://chocktaw-salchow.tumblr.com/post/177013077833/translation-a-dress-rehearsal-for-carolane
Sounds like their FD is actually a medley of songs by The Weeknd not just Earned It.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information