Big Brother 19 (US)

Sally1214

So Cody wasn't camera friendly for interviews. Was anyone surprised? Cody doesn't do friendly. Not to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Dude is a social misfit. Hope he uses his $25K to get some help for some of his anger management/hate the whole world attitude. Can't see him having a chance at a happy life unless he gets some professional help to deal with his very serious issues.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Mark enjoyed talking to Cody in the house to the point where he jeopardized his game to maintain a friendship with him, so Cody is capable of socializing. He said that he just didn't like most of the people in the house.

smurfy

Re - Raven and her lies. On the show her saying her mother ran the mile under 6 minutes.
I thought that was high - thinking of breaking the 4 min mark for men.
Not knowing Raven's mother's age, I looked up the records, and found on wikipedia the progression:
Current record for Women: 4 min 12 sec
5 min was hit in 1953/1954.
So to me 'under 6 min' means great than 5 min (and most likely over 5.5 min) - so busted!
Rob C's interview of her - and the looks he was giving the camera were awesome.
She is so delusional.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
So Cody wasn't camera friendly for interviews. Was anyone surprised? Cody doesn't do friendly. Not to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Dude is a social misfit. Hope he uses his $25K to get some help for some of his anger management/hate the whole world attitude. Can't see him having a chance at a happy life unless he gets some professional help to deal with his very serious issues.

Cody came across as extremely friendly in his first eviction interview and that's when I think many people saw the light with him. He made a stupid move in putting up Christmas in the beginning (his fifth nomination, remember), but the whole house turned on him immediately for that because Paul knew he had to get Cody out. Paul having immunity for the first few weeks really enabled him to become the power player and it had to help get everyone onboard with whatever plans he wanted.

When Cody was able to go back in and attempt to switch things up from an awful and predictable season (which is exactly what happened), he tried to play nice with certain people but they all ended up turning on him again immediately anyways. I don't blame him for being standoff-ish. I would want to play the game, not sit around and have someone tell me exactly what I'm going to do every week so that he can get to the end.

smurfy

I read online that Paul did not go to the wrap party.
And in one of his interviews he spent half his time talking about Cody.
Jealous?

One thing, I think Christmas said, that partially explains why they did not think Cody was a real vet - he had lied about his age, and fudged when he served. I would guess that Cody probably is not a good liar, so they maybe these houseguests did have a sense that something was off.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Sounds like Paul is starting to realize that his biggest mistake wasn't not owning his game and managing the jury, but in playing a second time.

Catherine M

Sounds like Paul is starting to realize that his biggest mistake wasn't not owning his game and managing the jury, but in playing a second time.

Not only playing a second time, but playing with a built in advantage for weeks. That was one of the main reasons people were turned off to him this time around; well that and him being so obnoxious. It would have been so much better for him to wait for the next "all stars" season or at least one with more than one vet but I guess when Grodner came a calling, he couldn't say no. Oh well, he at least got another $50,000 out of it.

mysticchic

What I hated about Paul this time was his ego. The way he talked about people, the way he treated people he wanted out. The last straw for me was the way he treated Kevin. The only threat Kevin was, he was likable. I wished he would have taken him to f2.
Paul got more than 50k. I wished I could find it, but he also got a bigger amount per diem and he still gets it unless he had taken 1st place.

Lacey

Yes Yes Yes everything everyone has said here is just about perfect about all of the characters. About Paul, for sure agree he's the most egotistical person I have ever seen. No Wrap Party?

Think I read somewhere here that, in addition to Paul, Christmas was paid more also, really and why? Anyone else? I think CBS should suspend that policy.

I wonder if Paul thought he was being set up for a win? His being so cocky made his second place finish that much better. As a true Super Fan, he should have known that it's never over until it's over.

mysticchic

This season people really hated. Hamsterwatch was done and so were a few of the other sites that sold their all access passes. The only way to salvage any of the base was to have Paul lose. I'm sure the producers helped that along once they saw how bad this was to the bottom line.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I can see paying some people more. Yes, it's a competition, but it's also a tv show. Paul was popular with fans last year and good for production (being a personality, doing entertaining stuff, good diaries etc) so he's worth more.

Perhaps that was the thought with Christmas - not sure what her social following was before the show, but she has a couple of books and some local profile from what I understand, and they likely thought she'd be a fierce competitor on the challenges and bring the pretty and the outspoken. They probably patted themselves on the back when she won the second America's vote that they had a potential BB star on their hands. Even when she broke her foot, they lost the physical competitor but now had the storyline, including the dramatic vote from the hospital.

I guess it's possible that Elena might have got a little extra incentive of some kind given she has a local profile as well - for all we know they needed ratings in Dallas and hoped her station and local media would hype her up.

And yes @mysticchic I imagine they worked pretty hard on the malleable Josh to get him to at least consider doing something to add some drama, and more so than in past years they seem to have encouraged the jury to talk about it and continue to play in the form of debating and trying to influence each other for the vote. The fact that they showed Josh's goodbye messages was something too - it's fun tv, but it's also production choosing to influence the jury - not just the person who got the message but everyone else when they hear it.

Last edited:

Jenny

From the Bloc
So Cody knew while he was still in the jury house - which explains his carefully controlled behaviour there and on finale night. If they told him that he also likely knew Jess was doing Bold and Beautiful as well.

Oh to be there when Paul, Christmas, Alex and Raven find out about this! :rollin:

Catherine M

I actually can see Jessica & Cody doing well on the Amazing Race. Wish them well and hope they enjoy the experience.

And yes, where was the live feed on Paul and company when the news broke!?

love skating

Clueless American
Ugh! I hate it when people I dislike from one of my shows goes on another one of my shows! Sorry, I can't stand "Jody"

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information