Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

chantilly

He looks great but I wonder if bulking up this much is really the best strategy.
Sure, it'll help the lifts but it could negatively impact several other aspects of his skating/movement.
Check out the video posted above of Scott dancing with Liam Firus to dispel any of those doubts.
His movement is the best it's ever been IMO. And it was so damn good before.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
It's coming close. I am so nervous.

I was also wondering if anyone ever did dance to Moulin Rouge on SYTCD or DWTS. I can't remember even on "Tango de Roxanne".

martyross

first part is reminiscent of Carmen and Prince, second part is very Wilson, final minute extremely lyrical and heartbreaking. overall very moving. lifts (variation of famous Carmen lift) are of an other planet but executed with lightness and easyness. everything passionate, totally draws you in, eyes glued to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNwkTSEluPs

it's like a bomb ready to explode!

Last edited:

chapis

I will reserve my opinion until I look at the competition, because there is no one who transforms more from practices to competition like them. But I think we all agree that Tessa looks super hot.

Debrah

OMG! Just from the practice clips this Free dance is everything I hoped it would be; it suits them so perfectly, and I was shaking with emotion just from those brief snippets. So light, sharp filled with drama and chemistry is off the hook, I may pass out after the actual full octane FD performance LOL!

martyross

at "Why does my heart cry?" it seems Tessa too is feeling the words. in most of the moves she's Satine playing her sad role as she's extremely sensual, hot and cold at the same time, almost brutal. the emphasis is on her body while Scott exudes despair moving around her. yet when Christian starts to sing, you can see the real woman inside the sultry body, whose heart is being teared apart like her lover's.
yep, you can't get more dramatic than that.

double runner

at "Why does my heart cry?" it seems Tessa too is feeling the words. in some moves she's acting as Satine in her sad role as she's extremely sensual, hot and cold at the same time, almost brutal. the emphasis is on her body while Scott exudes despair moving around her. when Christian starts to sing, yuo can see the real woman inside the sultry body, whose heart is being teared apart like her lover's.
yep, you can't get more dramatic than that.

AND all the while, their skating skills is above all others. This to me is what sets them apart from the others. It's easy to act and emote when you're feet aren't busy, but V&M do all this while executing some of the best technical elements. I am in love with the opening lift!

randomsplashes

This, this is what I always wanted Tessa and Scott to do for their Olympic season FD. They're the best at bringing out the fire and passion. From Carmen, Assassination Tango to Moulin Rouge, there's simply no other team out there who can emulate that fiery yet tender romance on the ice. And that ending, oh boy....I got chills. I cannot wait till Saturday to see the whole thing!!!

Maddie Sparks

supergirl573

chantilly

Yeah the choreography of the twizzles is brilliant.
Reminds me of Carmen.
And the footwork section to Come What May reminds me of Umbrellas.
The opening lift is amazing.
I think this program is going to be brilliant.
I feel the same way about it the way I felt when I first saw Prince SD.

Goody2shoes

Looks promising! :) Thanks for the shared links!

Hmmm Scott still with minimal costume style? (Amazing lines and form though ;)) Was hoping he will opt something other than black to complement Tessa’s.

Can’t wait to see entire program though

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information