Tessa Virtue married (in sekret) - not just once but twice

MacMadame

Doing all the things

JJH

It doesn't "bother me", but I think that this thread and the Hanyu divorce thread belong in "The Trash Can" because they aren't focused on skating. Their focus is on the private lives of figure skaters and mostly contain posts about their extreme uber eccentric claims.

skatingguy

decently
That is really funny. But I can see how those two ideas aren’t quite opposite ones. Maybe they wanted a private ceremony and keep it small before it happens and during so there wouldn’t be much fanfare and breach a privacy but now that it already happened actually two of them happened, then it’s OK now to share it with the public
I agree with all that, and also that they probably made back some of the costs of the wedding with the article, and photos in Hello Canada. After all, they didn't have to hire a wedding photographer because the magazine would be sending a talented photo journalist.

ballettmaus

I think the other way around. Loved the pink dress but thought the white one didn't quite fit right.
The pink one isn't one I would choose but in those two pictures, it looks good on her. Would love to see it from the front.

I'm assuming the white one is cut that way? I would be bothered by how it fits but I don't think it's looks bad on her either. It also looks similar to the second dress Meghan Markle wore.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It doesn't "bother me", but I think that this thread and the Hanyu divorce thread belong in "The Trash Can" because they aren't focused on skating. Their focus is on the private lives of figure skaters and mostly contain posts about their extreme uber eccentric claims.

Now listen ;) Tessa is ice dance royalty. As was Meryl. Both had their nuptials covered in a magazine and a place in Great Skate Debate :p

Rafter

I agree with all that, and also that they probably made back some of the costs of the wedding with the article, and photos in Hello Canada. After all, they didn't have to hire a wedding photographer because the magazine would be sending a talented photo journalist.

I doubt they, and especially Morgan Rielly, are that concerned with recouping wedding costs. He’s made almost $70 million playing in the NHL and it will be quite a bit more than that by the time his playing career is over (he also comes from money). Oh to be a fly on the wall when the lawyers were hashing out that pre-nup! 😂

skatingguy

decently
I doubt they, and especially Morgan Rielly, are that concerned with recouping wedding costs. He’s made almost $70 million playing in the NHL and it will be quite a bit more than that by the time his playing career is over (he also comes from money). Oh to be a fly on the wall when the lawyers were hashing out that pre-nup! 😂
Being concerned about stuff like that is how one keeps more of that $70 million NHL salary. It's not that they're doing badly, but most of the money gets paid in taxes, and salary to his agent.

canbelto

I could see Tessa being a bit of a bridezilla. She just gives off that sort of vibe.

manhn

I think one can do whatever thing privately and then want to share that thing later on. Whether it’s a secret wedding and sharing wedding photos later. Giving birth in the hospital with just the medical team and a few loved ones and then sharing baby pics months later. Working on a new skating program and then sharing that new jump you landed later on on social media. I don’t think it’s hypocritical.

Judy

Well I suspect they must have gotten married maybe last summer? NHL players during the season barely get Christmas off.

ballettmaus

I think one can do whatever thing privately and then want to share that thing later on.
Agreed. If you elope and/or only tell/invite your closest family and maybe friends you're not going to keep it secret from everyone else forever either.

I understand their desire for privacy. At the same time, they are somewhat public figures and neither would earn the money they do without the fans, so I think it's nice of them to still share and share it in such a way that we get a number of pictures.

Bigbird

I think one can do whatever thing privately and then want to share that thing later on. Whether it’s a secret wedding and sharing wedding photos later. Giving birth in the hospital with just the medical team and a few loved ones and then sharing baby pics months later. Working on a new skating program and then sharing that new jump you landed later on on social media. I don’t think it’s hypocritical.
100% agree. Not everyone parades their life live and in living colour. I respect that.

Judy

I’m sure there were lots of family/friends there but only the ones of Tessa and her hubby will be published obviously.

Weddings are always happy events 😍. No matter who it is getting married.

Last edited:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Gorgeous couple.

And she’s not wrong. McCain Deep n’ Delicious cake is frigging amazing.

I remember loving these in a past life until at some point I started wondering why they don't freeze and they just went off them :lol:
Same with Cheez Whiz although with this one I still get nostalgic every once in a while and wish I never learned what I now know :wuzrobbed

ballettmaus

This twitter account has some quotes and photos from the article:

Based on that @canbelto I would guess she wasn't the slightest bit a bridezilla. Deep ´n Delicious is as low maintenance you can get :lol:
Love the pictures especially the one where she's by herself in the white dress and holding the bouquet and the ones where she and her husband look at each other. The looks they share make me smile; they look very much in love. I wish them that it'll last forever and the marriage holds!

Sonata

Well I suspect they must have gotten married maybe last summer? NHL players during the season barely get Christmas off.
Yes, I seem to recall whoever took care of the flowers in Tuscany posted about the wedding. Then Morgan R was spotted going to practice with a wedding band a few days later.

Remember in 2010 when V/M did the Mahler piece and Tessa wanted to skate in pink, but Marina said the dress at Olympics had to be white? Then Tessa wore the pink version to worlds. She’s had the white and pink vision for a long time!

Last edited:

Sonata

"For the final episode of Player's Own Voice podcast, host Anastasia Bucsis was joined by Olympic & World Champion figure skater Tessa Virtue to catch up on all things new. New work. New husband. New freedom to explore opportunities." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q--SQnU2XEI (she talks about her weddings after the 33-min. mark)
I totally skipped to minute 33.

❤️ “I think I like Morgan Rielly” to her mom. They seem really close.

I will listen to pre-33 later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information