Downtown Jason Brown - Let the Good Times Roll (uber thread #2)

wickedwitch

One side note...I noticed he omitted the caught-foot position from his final combo spin. Was that intentional? Or a mistake, like in the SP? Seems like a careless point giveaway.
I just hope it isn't because his back is bothering him.

DBZ

I just hope it isn't because his back is bothering him.

That's my concern as well.

In fact, if you look back, he seemed to be rushing rather quickly through the last part of the program. He finished way ahead of the music, facing aways from the judges, and omitted his catch-foot position (which is a signature move for him).

It just seemed very unlike him to do that. I'm wondering if he was rushing to finish because he was in pain or feeling discomfort? I sure hope not.

Kultakissu

That's my concern as well.

In fact, if you look back, he seemed to be rushing rather quickly through the last part of the program. He finished way ahead of the music, facing aways from the judges, and omitted his catch-foot position (which is a signature move for him).

It just seemed very unlike him to do that. I'm wondering if he was rushing to finish because he was in pain or feeling discomfort? I sure hope not.

I don't think the spin is due to his back since he did it in practice that way, too. At least nothing that happened with his back during this programme.

I like that he finished facing the audience, mostly because it's towards where I'll be sitting at Worlds :D

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Clean quad! OMG! He finally freaking did it! :rockstar: Holy $h!t Yay!!! That volunteer as he was getting off the ice was awesome.

:D:D:biggrinbo this is a big deal.

(He held back on all of his flexibility just a tad, his back must be bothering him. Clean quad with a sore back. Turning everyone into a blubbering fool even with his back hurt :wuzrobbed )

ETA - I just saw the protocol and of course the quad was >, but I don't care that was close enough for me. PCS could've been higher.

Last edited:

feraina

Sooooo happy for him. It was really magical!

I used to think no one can beat him once he got his quad. But in the meantime others have upped the ante dramatically with multiple quads. Hanyu, Uno, Fernandez. Chan still on the scene. That's not counting the youngsters with quads who can still improve on their artistry: Chen, Nguyen, Jin.

He's going to need a solid 4T in both programs to compete for the big prizes. And he can't add that 4S fast enough either.

I still love Jason's skating more than anyone else. He's my new Kwan. ;) but I also want him to win some big ones! I have to remind myself not to get impatient, that he's only 21 and still get time... I just hope he'll get to reach his fullest potential before he gets forced out of the sport by injury or something.

Marco

He lost catch on the camel in the short, causing the whole spin to be invalidated - or he would have been that much closer to the gold. And THEN we can debate whether the quad was actually UR-worthy (esp compared to Adam's attempt).

marmalade

Stalking Cizeron's Instagram
He just can't catch a break, can he? It's troubling that he isn't even cleared to try his quads before Nats. :(

katmari

TV alert:

Jason Brown ‏@jasonbskates

In the big
1f34e.png
! Beyond excited to be performing on the @TODAYshow tomorrow during the 9 o'clock hour! 私はニューヨークにいます!#NYC

tylersf

I love Jason Brown too. I hope that he doesn't get hurt during the exhibitions so he can compete well at the World Championships and the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information