Downtown Jason Brown - Let the Good Times Roll (uber thread #2)

YukiNieve

Stay Healthy Everyone!
Jason did a short Q and A session in Montreal for his fans.

A few notes:

• He intends to have new SP, FS, and EX for the next season.
  • He has been working to develop his own JB brand including T-shirts and jackets (He eventually wants to donate the proceeds to the charities)
  • He plans to show the new programs at Friends on Ice in Japan

https://twitter.com/JasonBrownFP/status/1778511454540570909

YouTube Link:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Thank you, @YukiNieve! :) Interestingly, Friends on Ice is taking place 1 week later than usual (August 30-Sept. 1, 2024):
Friends on Ice 2024
8/30-9/1 - Yokohama, Kanagawa
Shizuka Arakawa, Daisuke Takahashi, Shoma Uno, Kana Muramoto, Takeshi Honda, Miki Ando, Akiko Suzuki, Shae-Lynn Bourne-Turok, Jeremy Abbott, Stephane Lambiel, Jason Brown, Kaitlyn Elizabeth Weaver & Andrew Poje

Sylvia

TBD
Cross-posting from the 2025 Nationals in Wichita thread in GSD:
Jason Brown visited Wichita and the KFDI FM radio station (5th photo in his set) - his photos from around town: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6J3gtyutCy/
"Jason Brown stopped by the [KFDI FM] studio to talk about his figure skating life and the big news for Wichita, the U.S. Figure Skating Championships coming in January" with JJ Hayes (5 mins.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0LjPfdc8iI
JJ: "If I'm going to get out there in a unicorn outfit next year you are going to a karaoke bar [Jason: "Deal!"]... It's going to be a really amazing time. My wife was super excited about it when she heard about this yesterday!"

katmari

Jason has a website where you can sign up to receive updates about upcoming events: https://www.jasonbskates.com/workshops

I received an update email today of events / shows Jason has planned for the summer:

Saturday, June 1st: The Glenwood FSC is hosting a workshop in Flossmoor, IL.

Saturday, June 15th: The DiversifyIce Foundation is hosting a “Skate”-Raiser at the Fifth Third Arena in Chicago, IL.

Saturday, July 20th: The Greater Chicagoland Skate USA Committee and the Chicago Figure Skating Club will be hosting a seminar at Hoffman Estates Ice Arena from 9am to 1pm.

Summer Shows:

Sun Valley on Ice: August 24th (Sun Valley, ID, USA)

Friends on Ice: August 30th-September 1st (Shin-Yokohama, Japan)

Allskate

So, yay for Jason doing the Grand Prix this season. He's doing Skate Canada and NHK.

It's the off-season, so time to speculate about programs for next season.

Has anyone read or heard what music Jason is planning to use this season? Maybe I've missed it?

Jason posted this on Instagram. Shazam tells me it's French Fuse's "Space." I think it's from Hans Zimmer's Interstellar music. It could be that Jason just used that music as background music for his post. The clip isn't actually to the music. He doesn't say that it's for a program and his hashtags are for #practice and #training and #pianomusic. But, I can see him using this for a short program. It kind of has the same intensity and pacing as last season's short program, though a very different style of music.

Here's a youtube video of the music:

Also, he has space images on his IG story today with the background music being Meghan Trainor's "Take it to the Moon." Is he giving us Easter eggs?

Last edited:

mattiecat13

Jason had Tarzan as a long program last season but used The Impossible Dream at Nationals instead as it wasn’t ready. Hopefully it will be ready for this season.

Allskate

Jason had Tarzan as a long program last season but used The Impossible Dream at Nationals instead as it wasn’t ready. Hopefully it will be ready for this season.
Personally, after seeing it at the Japan Open, I'm not excited about the Tarzan program. Maybe he'll change it and improve it, but I'm kind of hoping he goes with an entirely different program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information