Downtown Jason Brown - Let the Good Times Roll (uber thread #2)

Allskate

Oh, I like what I see of this... same kind of chills I got when I saw the first clips of Sinnerman

From the music itself.

I can see that. There's an almost relentless intensity and quickness to the Sinnerman music and program, and that clip of Adios kind of has that. It will be interesting to see how they edit the song. It could have that relentless intensity and quickness, but perhaps not and there will be breaks in the quickness. The song has variations in tempo.

Here's the entire song:

I can see these lyrics resonating with Jason:

"After all, why should I have any regrets
If it weren't for the mistakes I made yesterday
Where would I be by now?"

Jason has said that he probably would not have continued competing if things had gone differently in 2018. The decisions and mistakes were his and so were the lessons.

I can't wait to see this program!

Last edited:

Allskate

It turns out that Rohene has choreographed two short programs for Jason to choose from. Rohene has choreographed two programs for Jason before and Jason used them in different seasons, so I'm choosing to interpret this as meaning that Jason plans to compete next season as well. Nobody try to disabuse me of that notion. :p

Allskate

Jason talking about being excited to come back to Nationals:

YukiNieve

Here's a new short Q and A that Jason did when FOI (Friends on Ice) was held in Japan.

He talks about when he will skate the new FS, his costumes for this season, and a possibility to do a competition before the US Nats.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Jason's video on the official account for the Japan Open - he confirms he will debut his FS to The Legend of Tarzan, choreographed by Rohene Ward, in Saitama on Saturday, October 7: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxuFpo6JjXp/
GSD thread for the 2023 Japan Open/Carnival on Ice: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2023-japan-open-october-7-carnival-on-ice-gala.111046/

Jason's cover story in the August/September 2023 issue of SKATING magazine can be read online: https://www.usfigureskating.org/about/skating-magazine
Starting here: https://online.flippingbook.com/view/791974542/24/

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Allskate

katmari

Jason's Japan Open free skate is now on youtube (for as long as it lasts):

It's still early days. I expect it to be spectacular by Nationals.

YukiNieve

Jason did a short Q and A session when he was in Japan for the Japan Open.

He emphasized that his FS is a work in progress and will add more features as he becomes more comfortable with skating this program.

He will not be working as a reporter at Skate America like last year since he will be training during that time.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
I watched the vid from Japan Open, intense FS, I very much like it! I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I still don't get why he can't do competition quads. With his amazing control of the blade and his tight rotation in jumps, it just doesn't make sense to me. He has it all except that and there are too many men with quads that can also skate beautifully, so he just cannot beat them unless they make errors and he doesn't. Anyway, he is an amazing skater and has contributed much to US figure skating.

SkateFanBerlin

I was looking at Jason in Warsaw. Not his best but still amazing. On the PCS side I`d venture to say he has been in the top 3 PCS-wise in every senior competition he`s entered for the last 10 years.

I`m totally not fact checking this but in principle it is true. He`s kept his skating quality standards at the highest level for a long time. Students and coaches are lucky to have so much material to view and analyze in their own journey to develop PCS.

YukiNieve

Here is another Q and A that was done when Jason was in Warsaw, Poland.
Anybody who wants him to skate to Chopin's piano piece? (Raise your hand!) ✋
He also was not sure yet if he will be invited to skate for the SOI next year.
Hope that he will be!

YukiNieve

Jason and Amber will skate for Ice Chips during April 6-7, 2024 in Norwood MA.

Jason is also invited to skate for Yuzuru's show, Notte Stellata (3/8-3/10/24) in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information