#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

Bellanca

The new SP is Summertime. Not really sure how I feel about that as a selection. We shall see I guess...but, is it too early to start wishing she just goes back to the Piaf SP? :saint:

https://instagram.com/p/BV06EGkhinR/

She also responded to someone on twitter the other day that she'd be doing a local completion at the beginning of August (Wild Rose).
Summertime! Really? I like it, and think Kaetlyn can make it work! :cheer2:

ETA: I wonder what the FS is? I hope it will be a hit! It sounds like Kaetlyn is thrilled with the song selection! So, fingers crossed!!

Last edited:

honey

screech

Do we know for sure that's actually her music and not someone else on the ice? When she starts her footwork, it doesn't seem like it's really in time with the music. Plus, she doesn't have any hashtags or anything that indicate it's actually what she's using.

If it is, though, I don't hate it as much as others seem to be. Then again, I didn't love her SP this year as much as others did (I was the rare one who preferred her LP).

screech

I don't mind what I see so far, but I hope the skirt is kind of feathery. IMO it's a piece of music that kind of requires the costume to be in your face or over the top. Like Firebird (IMO Gracie's Firebird costume wasn't 'enough' for the music).

chantilly

For all the naysayers, this should put them to rest.
But you know...
Anyway I love her speed, power, elegance and beautiful jumps.
The triple loop out of footwork was excellent.
I know it's been her nemesis.
She will need to add more technical content to best Medvedeva.
Hopefully she can and add some bonus marks in the back half.

bbkenn

Her SP is up in the Kiss & Cry area under Canada summer & fall competitions.

Seerek

A triple flip-half loop-triple salchow combo is certainly a nifty combo to develop, but not sure Kaetlyn really needs it unless she thinks she has to show the judges a 2nd 3-3 combo or sequence to command on par components with Medvedeva.

kwanatic

^^If Kaetlyn can start delivering her content consistently she can come extremely close to Med in PCS if not tie/surpass her. Kaetlyn is actually the stronger overall skater. She's got speed, height and power whereas Med isn't slow, but she's not exactly fast and she's definitely not a powerful skater. Kaetlyn can really shake things up if she starts delivering.

The SP is nice but I'm still obsessed with her SP from last season so it's going to take me a minute to warm up. The FS OTOH is lovely. Very over-used piece of music but the choreo is strong and the edit is good too. I'm also rather impressed with her technical performance for an August competition. Much more controlled and no horrible splats or awkward landings.

I want to see Kaetlyn shine this season and continue to build upon what she did last season. She's the most talented skater in the field IMO and I'd love to see her realize her potential this year.

jenny12

Really excited for Kaetlyn this season. Her programs are very promising. Hope she is consistent. Her power across the ice and that in her jumps is just breathtaking. I prefer Kaetlyn by far to Medvedeva, who, while consistent, doesn't IMO have anything striking about her skating like Kaetlyn has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information