Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I hope the Aussies have a performance like at 4CC and move up.

I’m probably misunderstanding this qualifying thing but if Australia overtake both US teams could they take the 16th non qualifying spot and both US teams would need to do the qualifying round? Would everyone take their 2nd & 3rd spots before it gets to US?
No, all countries that earn multiple entries are guaranteed Direct Entries. They'll just increase the # of Direct Entries and decrease the # of teams that can qualify from the QR to the SP.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
GoluGM - messy 3tw, okay 3t+1a+2a, and really nice throw 3s! Sigh... SBS 2s. This program isn't going all that well at all for them. And someone is knocking at my front door. Do they not understand that I'm not getting up to answer during the middle of a pairs program?!

peibeck

Simply looking
Aussies pretty good, his 2A technique is pretty wild, but they made it through the jumps. Lifts seem secure. Will be nice to see how they develop over the new few years.

skatingguy

decently
Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE 🇦🇺
Coach: Galina Pachina, Andrei Pachin
Music: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

Triple Twist 1
3T+2A+2A+SEQ - his jumps were a little tight
Throw 3S
2S - he doubled
Back Outside Death Spiral B
Pair Combo Spin 4
Axel Lasso Lift
4 (3 after review)
Throw 3Lo
Reverse Lasso Lift
4 (2 after review)
Hand/Hand Lift 4

Choreo Sequence

A pretty strong skate for the Aussies. They have a few technical issues. like with the twist, that they need to improve upon, but they are starting to get more comfortable with the past couple of competitions.

119.36 = 2nd Place
182.71 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I finally watched Umbrella’s for the first time a few weeks ago. I actually thought lyrics were added to the instrumental. :lol: Now that I know this is not the case I like this more. She doesn’t emote enough for it but still nice.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Gutted the Aussies really missed a lot of points there :( their programme is so beautiful, they could really have moved up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information