2023-24 Pairs General Discussion - Join the SBS Double Salchow Club!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'm really glad that it's confirmed that the ISU is taking steps to keep/bring more teams into the sport, and I hope they're also thinking about other ways to support the development of young teams, including from countries without much of a pairs tradition. But I'm not thrilled by the proposal to increase the upper age limit for junior pairs men without also increasing the minimum for junior pairs girls.
I don't think we know exactly what the proposal regarding the junior pairs age minimums and maximums will be, just that it is being reviewed by the working group. At best, this is a stop-gap measure to keep some pairs teams in the sport for this coming season at least.

Karen-W

Hmmmmm... new partnership?

Lori-Ann Matte and Noel-Antoine Pierre -

I'm guessing they would skate for Canada?

Amy L

Wouldn't France have less competition to deal with? But maybe a less supportive Federation. I didn't think Keriven/Pierre were very good so we'll see how well he and Lori-Ann gel together.

happycamper2554

I thought he was skating with Sasha. She's American and has a very long name that i can't spell. She was Neudecker's partner one season.

Karen-W

I thought he was skating with Sasha. She's American and has a very long name that i can't spell. She was Neudecker's partner one season.
Last name begins with an F and I can't spell it either, lol. I do recall a rumored partnership, but given they never competed or even showed up on any entry lists would indicate it never went far.

Karen-W

Karen-W

Interesting bit of news from the Glacier Falls entries - McBeath/Parkman are entered and he's listed as Georgian Federation, so he must not have his release yet. It will be curious to see if he's changed his mind about representing Georgia...

dancing_on_ice

In junior pairs, does anyone know if Park/Griffin are junior age eligible? They're on the entry list for Glacier Falls and were last year's novice champions, but had to withdraw from competing at junior nationals.

Karen-W

In junior pairs, does anyone know if Park/Griffin are junior age eligible? They're on the entry list for Glacier Falls and were last year's novice champions, but had to withdraw from competing at junior nationals.
Yes, they are. That has been confirmed in the US Pairs discussion thread in GSD.

Amy L

I would have never put them together in my mind, but they should be interesting. KOR is definitely hankering for a team medal. And then there would be no competition nationally whatsoever which means they wouldn't have to battle G/GM for assignments.

Karen-W

I would have never put them together in my mind, but they should be interesting. KOR is definitely hankering for a team medal. And then there would be no competition nationally whatsoever which means they wouldn't have to battle G/GM for assignments.
Not complaining about another 4CCs pairs team.

BrightSkates

Flop era commenced
Last name begins with an F and I can't spell it either, lol. I do recall a rumored partnership, but given they never competed or even showed up on any entry lists would indicate it never went far.
Her Schengen visa expired right before Nationals last season so they couldn't compete and then I don't know what happened.

Karen-W

Interesting that some of the teams formed in the past year at IceLab have relocated recently to Salzburg and Severin Kiefer's group. Joining Sophia Schaller/Livio Mayr there are:

1) the previously reported new team of Nora Rothenbuhler/Mozes Josef Berei who will represent Hungary - https://www.instagram.com/p/CvjlSHFtYim/

2) one of the Spanish junior teams - Linda de Nardin/Patrizio Romano Rossi Lopez (they'll be starting their season at JGP Linz in a few weeks) - https://www.instagram.com/p/Cvg__RuNa1W/

and 3) the other Austrian team of Giorgia Ghedini/Luc Maierhofer, who plan on competing senior this season - https://www.instagram.com/p/CvmJj6TtJl0/

Last edited:

Karen-W

New Polish pairs team in da house!!! Julia Szczecinina & Michal Wozniak - they planning training in Berlin with Nolan Seegert and also in Katowice.

eusebius

New Polish pairs team in da house!!! Julia Szczecinina & Michal Wozniak - they planning training in Berlin with Nolan Seegert and also in Katowice.

The skater formerly known as Chtchetinina?

Karen-W

Two brief clips of the new pair on the Polish Fed's IG story - first is a triple twist off-ice, second is a split screen showing the triple twist on-ice and a lift.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
There’s an ISU pairs camp in Oberstdorf this week. Teams taking part that I’ve spotted (via their IGs): Caldara/Maglio, Ghedini/Maierhofer, Hase/Volodin, Osipova/Epstein, Salatzki/Roesler, Sierova/Khobta, Smart/Mattick, Vaipan-Law/Digby.

Glad to see S/K there - I was a bit worried they were injured when they hadn’t appeared on any JGP lists.

Karen-W

There’s an ISU pairs camp in Oberstdorf this week. Teams taking part that I’ve spotted (via their IGs): Caldara/Maglio, Ghedini/Maierhofer, Hase/Volodin, Osipova/Epstein, Salatzki/Roesler, Sierova/Khobta, Smart/Mattick, Vaipan-Law/Digby.

Glad to see S/K there - I was a bit worried they were injured when they hadn’t appeared on any JGP lists.
Also there are Vouillamoz/Giniaux and the Crafoords.

Karen-W

Karen-W

Also there are Vouillamoz/Giniaux and the Crafoords.
Per Skate Austria, Schaller/Mayr were there too. And I know Faula/Belle were there from France.

Looks like 16-17 teams in all -

ETA - both Rothenbuhler/Berei and de Nardin/Rossi Lopez were there -

Last edited:

Karen-W

Okay - so we've identified -

1) Caldara/Maglio
2) Ghedini/Maierhofer
3) Hase/Volodin
4) Osipova/Epstein
5) Salatzki/Roesler
6) Sierova/Khobta
7) Smart/Mattick
8) Vaipan-Law/Digby
9) Vouillamoz/Giniaux
10) Crafoords
11) Schaller/Mayr
12) Faula/Belle
13) Rothenbuhler/Berei
14) de Nardin/Rossi Lopez

ETA - per the Spanish Fed's IG, all 3 of their Junior teams were there -

15) Moudden/Garcia
16) Campillo/Vilella

So, that leaves just the 17th team to identify...

Last edited:

Karen-W

Looks like Osipova/Epstein have relocated to Chemnitz to train with Aljona & Robin -

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information