Random Question

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Totally love them. A friend of mine and I tried a deep pan pizza topped with mushrooms and black olives several years ago, and still order that pizza from Pizza Hut whenever she comes to visit. You think it would taste horrible, but it doesn't. Love love love it!

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
No. I cannot eat green olives at all; even a bite of one will nauseate me. I don't like black olives either, but I can tolerate them mixed in with other things. I love olive oils, though, and I love other bitter / pungent foods including broccoli rabe / rapini, sour pickles, etc.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Yes! But not the green pimento-stuffed ones. The black ones are great on pizza, salads and just by themseles. Two fellow black olive lovers were by best friend's kid brother who I once saw at 3 years old sitting on his front steps methodically working his way through a jar of them. Also my sister's cat who was notorious for stealing olives if they were ever left on the table untended.

Judy

Food love/dislikes I always say that it’s a bit of a brain thing that decides it for us.

Cachoo

There are some foods that usually don't get a lukewarm response. You like them or you dislike them. I like briny foods but I don't like olives at all.

A.H.Black

No. If served in a dish at an engagement, I will get them in my mouth and down my throat but I will never choose to eat them

Cachoo

I'm actually very fond of gefilte fish :scream: :scream: :scream:
Ok it looks unappetizing to me but the ingredients list actually sounds tasty. But Lutefisk looks ok from a distance but when you hear about the lye and the gelatinous texture—🤢

moebius

Yes, in general. I wish they weren't so salty. My fave is the green olive, cavestrano, the least saltiest I've tasted. The olives I had in Morocco tasted like it was brined in salt, but no salt was used. Amazing....

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I love the black Middle East/Meditarranean olives. If you don't know them they are usually large & have wrinkled skins. My Lebanese grandmother used to pickle her own. So good.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I love the black Middle East/Meditarranean olives. If you don't know them they are usually large & have wrinkled skins. My Lebanese grandmother used to pickle her own. So good.
One of my dad's sisters used to pickle hers, too. My family is Syrian, but I know that several of the dishes my dad made were also Lebanese.

There is a Lebanese salad that my dad used to make that included lots of olive oil, and it was so delicious. I'm pretty sure your family probably loved this salad, too! I found a recipe that has all the ingredients that my dad used to make this salad. :)

Cachoo

One of my dad's sisters used to pickle hers, too. My family is Syrian, but I know that several of the dishes my dad made were also Lebanese.

There is a Lebanese salad that my dad used to make that included lots of olive oil, and it was so delicious. I'm pretty sure your family probably loved this salad, too! I found a recipe that has all the ingredients that my dad used to make this salad. :)

As a matter of fact I am eating some right now. This one is particularly lemony so I like it any time of day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information