Viewing Options for US Nationals

Sylvia

TBD
Check here next week for livestreams, Thursday through Sunday (VPN required in U.S.): https://olympics.com/en/sport-events/

I'm really hoping we might be able to see "broadcasts" later on after the event is over.
I wouldn't count on that (though some fans are bound to make videos ;)).

U.S. TV & live streaming via Peacock:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
In JAPAN, "J SPORTS broadcasts all [2023 U.S. Nationals] events, including men's and women's singles, pairs, ice dance, and exhibitions!
In addition, J SPORTS On Demand will deliver all events and all runs LIVE!"

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Peacock’s Nationals event icons/markers are up. I’ve lined up all Senior events (plus Jr Women) in My Stuff.
I’ve also selected the Women’s SP & FP for Europeans…although SPs will conflict with US Jr Women’s LPs.

A.H.Black

I note that Peacock has the competitions listed - it includes Jr. and Sr. competitions. Also includes synchronized and Europeans. Practices are not mentioned at this point.

DreamSkates

From Jackie Wong's Twitter -

For folks outside the US (and Japan?), #ToyotaUSChamps will have a world feed that will be streamed live on http://olympics.com

I'm assuming this will be on the Olympic channel site. Does anyone have any more information? I'm really hoping we might be able to see "broadcasts" later on after the event is over.
The only thing I’ve seen is 2/5 from 2-4 probably highlights and 4-6 is the exhibition. Both on NBC.
If you have a vpn there might be other options.

DreamSkates

The only thing I’ve seen is 2/5 from 2-4 probably highlights and 4-6 is the exhibition. Both on NBC.
If you have a vpn there might be other options.
I’ll add (just saw this in NBC site):
1/27 @ 8-11 pm Women’s Free
1/28 @ 2:30-4:30 pm Pairs Free
1/29 @ 3:00-6:00 pm Men’s Free
All on NBC and I think it’s Eastern time.

A.H.Black

Jan. 262023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Rhythm Dance7-9 p.m.USA Network
Jan. 262023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Women's Short10 p.m.-MidnightUSA Network
Jan. 272023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Men's Short5-7 p.m.USA Network
Jan. 272023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free8-11 p.m.NBC
Jan. 282023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Free Dance2:30-4:30 p.m.NBC
Jan. 282023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Free8-10 p.m.USA Network
Jan. 292023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free3-6 p.m.NBC
Feb. 52023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Exhibition4-6 p.m.NBC*
My DVR has picked up and scheduled recordings for all these broadcasts. It also has scheduled 5 more broadcasts for Europeans on "E" and on NBC. I will at least have those to watch although I'm sure they won't be complete.

toddlj

I have a commitment I can't get out of on Thursday night, and since there won't be replays on Peacock, I'll have to rely on USA to see the Women's short... and since the event is 9:10-12:00 but the broadcast is only 10-12:00pm, I assume they will not show the first group.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I have a commitment I can't get out of on Thursday night, and since there won't be replays on Peacock, I'll have to rely on USA to see the Women's short... and since the event is 9:10-12:00 but the broadcast is only 10-12:00pm, I assume they will not show the first group.
If past experience holds, someone will find the replay on Japanese or other media. Do not despair.

ice coverage

I note that Peacock has the competitions listed - it includes Jr. and Sr. competitions. Also includes synchronized and Europeans. Practices are not mentioned at this point.

Update: Two parts of U.S. Nats Practice Cam have been added to Peacock listings for Tue Jan 24 -- corresponding to:

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
There are replays on Peacock! I am watching Jr Ice Dance from last night! Oh I hope they will replay everything coming up!

ChillSkate

I wish they would tell us if this is the new norm for Peacock (2 days to watch on demand) or just some special allowance since US Nationals and Europeans are at the same time. You know, in case anyone in the US actually wanted to become a fan of figure skating and make a plan to watch it.

Allskate

Wouldn't count on it. The Euros Pairs SP was up earlier and supposed to last at least 24 hours but 12 hours later it was gone.
That's odd. I just watched the Euros Men's short program. It is still there, including both the the commentary version and non-commentary version. Peacock is saying that they're still available for another day. I wish it were for a week. (Actually, I wish they just left them available permanently.) With time differences, work and other commitments, and two competitions going on at the same time, it's hard for people to watch everything in a short period of time.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Has anyone found any information for those of us outside the USA or Japan to watch the Sr events? I keep checking on the Olympics.com site but nothing has been forthcoming :(

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair
Has anyone found any information for those of us outside the USA or Japan to watch the Sr events? I keep checking on the Olympics.com site but nothing has been forthcoming :(

Yeah, I was coming here to ask the same! :wuzrobbed

honey

Beyond frustrating that there is no link to an international stream yet when they have indicated that there will be one.

I’d be far less annoyed with the lack of stream if they hadn’t explicitly said they would provide one.

alizadavida

Ashley got kicked out mid sentence on peacock since Peacock is supposed to be commentary free. I think she is doing the NBC one which will air at 10?

honey

Per Jackie Wong, olympics.com does not have the rights to the world feed this year and it will not be shown there.

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1618767032803278848?s=46&t=xOVKIk8je2G_L8AYu1g2bA

There seems to be something a bit odd going on. The Olympics website has a whole event page dedicated to us nationals and a press release that’s says streaming for international viewers will be confirmed. And then just no stream? A deal that fell through at the last minute? Who knows.

Sad to be missing out on US nationals for the first time in like 15 years. At least Ice Network would take my Canadian money :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information