Russian figure skating news & updates in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The TV show in March that will take place instead of the Worlds in Russia is supposed to allow both the professionals and the amateurs to compete. Assume they are trying to get as much publicity as they can, so getting Yagudin/Pluschenko rivalry alive is a good thing for them. Am sure the next thing will be Medvedeva/Zagitova and erm.. what else do we have? Volosozhar/Trankov vs who? Tarasova/Morozov? For all we know they can set a competition between Domnina/Shabalin, Domnina/Kostomarov, Navka/Kostomarov, Navka/Zhulin, Mikhalova/Zhulin in one show if they feel like and all the involved parties agree.
Stolbova vs Klimov?

myhoneyhoney

Volosozhar/Trankov vs who? Tarasova/Morozov?
Petrova and Tikhonov of course!

Now rap this LL Cool J style:
“Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years
I'm rockin' my peers, puttin' suckers in fear……..
…..
I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out”

🤣🤣🤣
Ok, hiding back in my rock again

Cherub721

YEAH!
The TV show in March that will take place instead of the Worlds in Russia is supposed to allow both the professionals and the amateurs to compete. Assume they are trying to get as much publicity as they can, so getting Yagudin/Pluschenko rivalry alive is a good thing for them. Am sure the next thing will be Medvedeva/Zagitova and erm.. what else do we have? Volosozhar/Trankov vs who? Tarasova/Morozov? For all we know they can set a competition between Domnina/Shabalin, Domnina/Kostomarov, Navka/Kostomarov, Navka/Zhulin, Mikhalova/Zhulin in one show if they feel like and all the involved parties agree.

That sounds awesome, honestly. I've been waiting for a long time to see something like that.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It's a freakin masterpiece.

* The coach who was approached by a skater with a request to switch to their group must notify the current coach of the said skater
When you have time - care to give us a fuller translation?

Anything in there about doping and how unethical it is? :rofl:

Karen-W

LOL - Google Translate is amazing... I have a hard time believing the FFKKR really wants the following from its coaches & staff - what will keep them in the news headlines if they adhere to this?

Article 3 - General Principles of Conduct of the Professional Community, Section 4, Bullets 14 & 15
  • observe neutrality, refrain from public statements, judgments and assessments regarding the professional activities of all participants in the process, not to affect personal life in various forms interviews, including through the Internet, various social networks, in any comments discrediting personal and business reputation;
  • do not distribute confidential information regarding other participants, coaches, opponents and other persons received in the course of professional activity;

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
When you have time - care to give us a fuller translation?

Anything in there about doping and how unethical it is? :rofl:
In fact yes, there is something about doping:

Main points for the athletes' behaviour:
  • be civil to your partner, rivals, audience, coach, judges and other competition officials
  • no alcohol/drugs or other substances during the competitions. training, before and after the competitions
  • follow the guidelines of the code of law, the rules on the confidential information of the RFSF and the coaching switches in the RFSF.
  • get to know and follow the rules of the antidoping regulations and do not use any drugs without the special permission fully according to the antidoping regulations
  • no matter the result be present at the medals ceremony, press conference according to the RFSF press attache advice.
  • during the medals ceremony, the official photo shoots and while working with the mass media be dressed in the competition costume or an official dress or the team uniform
  • when participating the medals ceremony in the international competitions make sure to have a flag of Russia with you, if there is an official uniform provided by the RFSF or the ministry of sports- wear it.

And then people responsible for following the code of law when it's about an underage athletes is on their parents, official representative of the team who is present at the competition, the heads of the federations, clubs and schools they belong to and the personal coach.

Basically if I had to sum up the code of law it's: you can't talk to the other coaches about a coaching switch and they have to snitch on you and tell the current coach; don't you dare posting anything on the internet; the press is only allowed to talk to the skaters if the press attache gave her ok, otherwise - no speaking to the press.

I would assume it should stop Zhulin's public outbursts, not so sure about Zheleznakov or Liashev- am not sure they are in any way under the RFSF.

hanca

Values her privacy
LOL - Google Translate is amazing... I have a hard time believing the FFKKR really wants the following from its coaches & staff - what will keep them in the news headlines if they adhere to this?

Article 3 - General Principles of Conduct of the Professional Community, Section 4, Bullets 14 & 15
Does Tutberidze and Pluschenko have to sign it? Or will they get away with pretending that they read it and (sort of) follow it, with occasional (or frequent) forgetting their manners when talking about their (ex) skaters to the media?

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
Ksenia Doronina vs. Nina Petushkova

Karen-W

Basically if I had to sum up the code of law it's: you can't talk to the other coaches about a coaching switch and they have to snitch on you and tell the current coach; don't you dare posting anything on the internet; the press is only allowed to talk to the skaters if the press attache gave her ok, otherwise - no speaking to the press.

I would assume it should stop Zhulin's public outbursts, not so sure about Zheleznakov or Liashev- am not sure they are in any way under the RFSF.
And your coaches are expected to make sure you show up for the medal ceremony. No more Trusova Olympic tantrums. The whole thing reads like a "yeah, the last 2+ years of Team Tut drama are done."

Any chance they're trying to cover themselves for whatever is coming down the pipeline with the Valieva hearing?

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
And your coaches are expected to make sure you show up for the medal ceremony. No more Trusova Olympic tantrums. The whole thing reads like a "yeah, the last 2+ years of Team Tut drama are done."

Any chance they're trying to cover themselves for whatever is coming down the pipeline with the Valieva hearing?
Trusova showed up and her tantrum being broadcasted is,imho, the TV holders' fault. Lipnitskaya, on the other hand,missed some minor competition medals ceremony because she went to the hotel and fell asleep.
To me it seems the RusFed is trying their hardest to cover themselves by throwing Tutberidze under the bus.

barbarafan

In fact yes, there is something about doping:

Main points for the athletes' behaviour:
  • be civil to your partner, rivals, audience, coach, judges and other competition officials
  • no alcohol/drugs or other substances during the competitions. training, before and after the competitions
  • follow the guidelines of the code of law, the rules on the confidential information of the RFSF and the coaching switches in the RFSF.
  • get to know and follow the rules of the antidoping regulations and do not use any drugs without the special permission fully according to the antidoping regulations
  • no matter the result be present at the medals ceremony, press conference according to the RFSF press attache advice.
  • during the medals ceremony, the official photo shoots and while working with the mass media be dressed in the competition costume or an official dress or the team uniform
  • when participating the medals ceremony in the international competitions make sure to have a flag of Russia with you, if there is an official uniform provided by the RFSF or the ministry of sports- wear it.

And then people responsible for following the code of law when it's about an underage athletes is on their parents, official representative of the team who is present at the competition, the heads of the federations, clubs and schools they belong to and the personal coach.

Wow....so they have to learn rules of antidoping and cannot use without the special permission but does not indicate whose antidoping rules or whose special permissions. They cannot use them during a competition or right before or after. Looks to me like sky is the limit.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Scherbakova will be co-hosting the ice age show with Zagitova. Guess they decided to continue the trend of having 2 Olympic champions when only one can speak and express themselves
ЕТА: read further - Yagudin is staying as well. Perhaps by the middle of the show they will slowly remove Zagitova and have 2 Olympic champions who are great in expressing themselves.

Last edited:

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Scherbakova will be co-hosting the ice age show with Zagitova. Guess they decided to continue the trend of having 2 Olympic champions when only one can speak and express themselves
ЕТА: read further - Yagudin is staying as well. Perhaps by the middle of the show they will slowly remove Zagitova and have 2 Olympic champions who are great in expressing themselves.
I wonder if this means that Shcherbakova is slowly easing out of eligible competition.

Bigbird

Trusova showed up and her tantrum being broadcasted is,imho, the TV holders' fault. Lipnitskaya, on the other hand,missed some minor competition medals ceremony because she went to the hotel and fell asleep.
To me it seems the RusFed is trying their hardest to cover themselves by throwing Tutberidze under the bus.
Oh poor ET, said nobody.

skatfan

I wonder if this means that Shcherbakova is slowly easing out of eligible competition.
What else does she need to win? She’s already won worlds and the Olympics. Of the top skaters, she and Kostornaya seem the most likely to stop eligible competition.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
New ice age season featuring:
Domnina, Katsalapov (skating with Averbukh's current wife), Volosozhar, Enbert, Bukin, Totmianina, Ilinykh, Kostomarov, Medvedeva, Marinin, Solovev, Sinitsina
All of them skating with the stars (have no idea who these stars are).
Curious why didn't they bring Ilinykh's husband if all his dancing gigs were cancelled anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information