2021-2022 New/Returning TV Shows

vgerdes

I've been enjoying Alter Ego thus far, but I have to say I've strongly disagreed with a couple of the judges' decisions. I'm not a huge fan of Loverboy (night 2), who seemed pretty ordinary, and I would have taken Kai over him.

Also, I do NOT get all the love for Night Journey (night 3). Her voice just seemed off key to me at times. I would definitely have taken The Dawn Majesty over her. What were the judges smoking?

BaileyCatts

Oh NBC. You grab my attention with these big blockbuster movie type ad campaigns for shows that look a little bizarre but could have a really cool story to them and have interesting characters, so I watch the shows, get hooked and then you cancel them after 1-3 seasons and give no conclusions or answers and leave me going WTF just happened (i.e., Debris, Manifest, Revolution). Do you really think you are going to suck me in again with La Brea? Do you???? Well yeah .... probably. :rofl:

Touche, NBC. Ya got me again. :drama: This show is going to be the most insane WTF am I watching thing EVER! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 03/2021 - Saturday October 09/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-schedule-all-the-new-and-returning-tv-shows

Sunday, October 3
THE EARTHSHOT PRIZE - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
Scissor Seven Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
America's Funniest Home Videos Season 32 - ABC - 7 p.m.
Call The Midwife Season 10. - PBS - 10 p.m.
Grantchester Season 6 - PBS - 9 p.m.
Outrageous Pumpkins Season 2 - Food - 10 p.m.
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 2 - AMC - 10:06 p.m.

Monday, October 4
NINA FURIA - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Black Ink Crew Season 7 - VH1 - 8 p.m.

Tuesday, October 5
NATE & JEREMIAH HOME PROJECT - HGTV - 9 p.m. (Reality)
Dinner Impossible Season 10 - Food - 10 p.m.

Wednesday, October 6
AMONG THE STARS - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
BAD SPORT - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
BAKING IMPOSSIBLE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Cooking Competition)
THE FIVE JUANAS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
LOVE IS BLIND: BRAZIL - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Dating)
MEET, MARRY, MURDER - Tubi - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Tough As Nails Season 3 - CBS - 9 p.m.
The Bradshaw Bunch Season 2 - E! - 9 p.m.
THE CANVAS - Fuse - 10 p.m. (Reality)
CSI: LAS VEGAS - CBS - 10 p.m. (Crime Drama)

Thursday, October 7
BAKER'S DOZEN - Hulu - 12:01 a.m. (Competition)
BILLION DOLLAR CODE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
CREATE THE ESCAPE - Peacock - 3:01 a.m. (Competition)
HOUSE HAUNTERS - Disovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
One Lane Bridge Season 2 - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m.
ONE OF US IS LYING - Peacock - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Rugrats (Fall Premiere) - Paramount+ - 3:01 a.m.
Sexy Beasts Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
The Way of the Househusband Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Young Sheldon Season 5 - CBS - 8 p.m.
United States Of Al Season 2 - CBS - 8:30 p.m.
Marriage Boot Camp Season 18 - WE - 9 p.m.
GHOSTS - CBS - 9 p.m. (Comedy)
B Positive Season 2 - CBS - 9:30 p.m.
Bull Season 6 - CBS - 10 p.m.
MR. AND MRS. MURDER - Ovation - 11 p.m. (Drama)

Friday, October 8
ACAPULCO - Apple TV+ - 12:01 a.m. (Comedy)
GET ROLLING WITH OTIS - Apple TV+ - 12:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
ELI ROTH PRESENTS: A GHOST RUINED MY LIFE - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Family Business Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
First Time Fixer Season 2 - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m.
PRETTY SMART - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
A TALE DARK AND GRIMM - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
Shark Tank Season 13 - ABC - 8 p.m.
The Amber Ruffin Show Season 2 - Peacock - 9 p.m.
Nancy Drew Season 3 - The CW - 9 p.m.
20/20 Season 44 - ABC - 9:01 p.m.

Saturday, October 9
BLUE PERIOD - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
FRONT AND CENTER - Ovation - 8 a.m. (Docuseries)
Big City City Greens Season 3 - Disney - 8 a.m.
Whose Line Is It Anyway? Season 18 - The CW - 8 p.m.
World’s Funniest Animals Season 2 - The CW - 9 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

PeterG

Wow, Wednesday's episode of Alter Ego was SO much better than the first two episodes. They really held back a lot of good singers for episode three. Plus the last two performers really made me understand the reason for this show. Being restricted and pigeon-holed because of gender expectations and for appearance made me see that this show helps us focus on the voice even moreso than...The Voice. I kind of wish we were not shown the real appearance of the singers until the moment that the judges also see the singers. Letting us see behind the curtain so quickly takes away the illusion. Hearing each person talk about why they want to use an alter ego is enough for now. Let us just appreciate the voices and the alter ego and we can see the real person later. It would create more of a surprise (and even a learning experience sometimes) if the illusion remained for longer.

How I'd rank Wednesday's performances:

1. Naveah singing I Will Always Love You. At first I was disappointed with the song choice. It has been performed MANY times on vocal competition shows. It's the obvious Whitney song to choose. But Naveah's voice is phenomenal and she made some slight changes to make it her own. She gave me CHILLS! (But what was with Alanis picking Kingston over her to be on the diamond??)

2. St. Luna singing Back To Black. Fantastic voice. Normally I wouldn't think picking an iconic song to be a good choice, but she did well with this.

3. The Dawn Majesty singing Confident. While I like the message of this song, the melody isn't all that pleasant and the wording of the lyrics lack maturity. The first part of her song she played it safe, but in the second half, she let loose and had a natural roughess to her voice which was quite enjoyable to listen to.

4. Kingston Sol singing Tennessee Whiskey. He played it safe. Not much character to his voice. But he was fine.

5. Night Journey singing This Town. It wasn't surprising to hear her say this was his first audition. She has a good singing voice, but her inexperience showed. If only she had more performance time under her belt, she would have been so much better. Which begs the question: what's with people thinking that auditioning for a network television show is the best way to start off their career?? :huh:

In the middle of the show, there was a tie between Kingston and The Dawn Majesty with the judges votes. Which meant the audience would vote to break the tie. As soon as this happened, I figured one of them would be in trouble. The audience having voted already for these two people might lean towards voting for someone else at the end of the show. Sure enough, The Dawn Majesty was sent home. Wrong choice, as we saw with her farewell song, the much stronger song, This Is Me (from The Greatest Showman). Why she didn't pick this as her competition song...I don't know. :( Goodbye, yer Majesty...

Japanfan

New season of 'Call the Midwife' starts tomorrow! Or today, in time zones east of Vancouver BC. 5 pm tomorrow (PBS, I think, but am not sure). :cheer2:
:cheer2::cheer2:

PeterG

How I'd rank the performances of episode three of the Masked Singer:

1. Banana Split, singing Pink!'s A Million Dreams. Great voice and if the spoilers are right, I'm wondering if she is double-masking it like Toni Braxton. The voice seems closer to the spoiler, but not quite. Some of the judges guesses were silly. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw? Like he'd be on this show and NOT sing. Plus, I'm not sure I have ever seen McGraw play the piano.

2. Queen of Hearts, performing Lady Gaga's Born This Way. Again, I looked for spoilers and I'm wondering if I would have guessed without being spoiled. Seems obvious...once you know their identity! :lol:

3. Cupcake, singing Martha & the Vandellas Heat Wave. The intro made me think Cupcake was female, but when singing I was unsure of gender. When I watched a bit of the performance on youtube before the show aired on the west coast, I thought, "...Mavis Staples"? But thought no after watching the entire performance. After finding a spoiler, I re-watched the intro and the song and was disappointed that I didn't guess correctly on my own. I will claim that age has changed the voice a bit, so that threw me off.

4. Dalmation, performing Snoop Dogg's Beautiful (featuring Pharrell Williams). Dalmation's performance was probably better than Cupcake's, but I'm not a diehard rap fan and Cupcake is a fave of mine, so he will have to settle for fourth place. :D

5. Mallard, signing Big & Rich's Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy). He was fine, but this guy is NOT a professional singer. Not sure what drugs the judges are to suggest a great voice like Alan Jackson or Keith Urban as being Mallard. That's just totally crazy. Mallard should have been the one sent home.

Japanfan

I'd guess so. Maybe you can get Prime free for a week and binge the entire season in 7 days? 😲😲😲

Turned out it was impossible to get the show in Canada (seasons previous to season 6), I exhausted every possibility.

Fortunately a friend with some mad computer skills was able to access the show and sends us the files via Dropbox.

Last edited:

sk8pics

I see that United States of Al has a timely season premiere, about trying to help someone else out of Afghanistan after the fall of Kabul.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 10/2021 - Saturday October 16/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-schedule-all-the-new-and-returning-tv-shows

Sunday, October 10
Fear The Walking Dead Season 7 - AMC+ - 3:01 a.m.
The Equalizer Season 2 - CBS - 8 p.m.
LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE - The CW - 8 p.m. (Game Show)
RENOVATION INC. - HGTV - 8 p.m. (Reality)
KILLER CAMP - The CW - 9 p.m. (Game Show)
THE BURIED - Showtime - 9 p.m. (Docuseries)
THE ENGINEERING THAT BUILT THE WORLD - History - 9 p.m. (Docuseries)
NCIS: Los Angeles Season 13 - CBS - 9 p.m.
SEAL Team Season 5 - CBS - 10 p.m.
Murder Nation Season 2 - HLN - 10 p.m.
This Is Life With Lisa Ling Season 8 - CNN - 10 p.m.
WHEN BIG THINGS GO WRONG - History - 10 p.m. (Docuseries)

Monday, October 11
The Baby-Sitters Club Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
THE KING'S AFFECTION - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
The Family Chantel Season 3 - TLC - 8 p.m.
Love It Or List It Season 17 - HGTV - 8 p.m.
Street Outlaws Season 4 - Discovery - 8 p.m.
We're Here Season 2 - HBO - 9 p.m.

Tuesday, October 12
Mighty Express Season 5 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
The Movies That Made Us Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
TRIAL IN THE OUTBACK - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
House Of Payne Season 8 (Fall Premiere) - BET - 8 p.m.
Assisted Living Season 2 (Fall Premiere) - BET - 8:30 p.m.
The Oval Season 3 - BET - 9 p.m.
CHUCKY - SyFy - 10 p.m. (Horror) (Simulcast on USA)

Wednesday, October 13
DOPESICK - Hulu - 12:01 a.m. (Drama)
JUST BEYOND - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
REFLECTION OF YOU - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow Season 7 - The CW - 8 p.m.
Batwoman Season 3 - The CW - 9 p.m.
Sistas Season 3 - BET - 9 p.m.
CLASH OF THE COVER BANDS - 9:30 p.m. (Reality)
Killer Cases Season 2 - A&E - 10 p.m.
The Sinner Season 4 - USA - 10 p.m.
Twenties Season 2 - BET - 10 p.m.
TWENTIES AFTER-SHOW WITH B. SCOTT - BET - 10 p.m. (Talk Show)

Thursday, October 14
Another Life Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
AQUAMAN: KING OF ATLANTIS - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m. (Comic Book Animation)
Carl Weber's The Family Business Season 3 - BET+ - 3:01 a.m.
COVENANT - Allblk - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
GUILTY PARTY - Paramount+ - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
THE KIDS TONIGHT SHOW - Peacock - 3:01 a.m. (Talk Show)
LIttle Ellen (Fall Premiere) - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
WHAT HAPPENED, BRITTANY MURPHY? - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
AMERICA'S BIG DEAL - USA - 9 p.m. (Reality)
Legacies Season 4 - The CW - 9 p.m.
Project Runway Season 19 - Bravo - 9 p.m.
B Positive Season 2 - CBS - 9:30 p.m.
INDEFENSIBLE - Sundance - 11 p.m. (Docuseries)

Friday, October 15
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER - Amazon - 12:01 a.m. (Horror)
PUPPY PLACE - Apple TV+ - 12:01 a.m. (Comedy)
KARMA'S WORLD - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
MY NAME - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
You Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
HOME SWEET HOME - NBC - 8 p.m. (Docuseries)
Ready To Love Season 4 - OWN - 8 p.m.
LA FRONTERA WITH PATI JINICH - PBS - 9 p.m. (Docuseries)
DAY OF THE DEAD - SyFy - 10 p.m. (Horror)

Saturday, October 16
MISFIT: THE SERIES - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
Don't Sweat The Small Stuff: The Kirstine Carlson Story (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
Flirting With Romance (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 9 p.m.

sk8pics

The United State of Al was pretty intense this week. Great acting by the guy who plays Al.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 17/2021 - Saturday October 23/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-schedule-all-the-new-and-returning-tv-shows

Sunday, October 17
Hightown Season 2 - Starz - 8:58 p.m.
Fear The Walking Dead Season 7 - AMC - 9 p.m.
Succession Season 3 - HBO - 9 p.m.
Baptiste Season 2 - PBS - 10 p.m.

Monday, October 18
Manhunt Season 2 - Acorn TV - 3:01 a.m.
TOUGH LOVE WITH HILARY FARR - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
Hoarders Season 13 - A&E - 8 p.m.
WAKEFIELD - Showtime - 9 p.m. (Drama)
Intervention Season 23 - A&E - 10 p.m.

Tuesday, October 19
Boulet Brothers' Dragula Season 4 - Shudder - 3:01 a.m.
Gabby's Dollhouse Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
The Bachelorette Season 17 - ABC - 8 p.m.
Games People Play Season 2 - BET - 10 p.m.
QUEENS - ABC - 10:01 p.m. (Musical Drama)

Wednesday, October 20
Nature Season 40 - PBS - 8 p.m.
WINTER HOUSE - Bravo - 9 p.m. (Reality)

Thursday, October 21
THE NEXT THING YOU EAT - Hulu - 12:01 a.m. (Reality)
Bruh Season 2 - BET+ - 3:01 a.m.
Curious George Season 14 - Peacock - 3:01 a.m.
Go! Go! Cory Carson Season 6 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
INSIDERS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Competition)
KOMI CAN'T COMMUNICATE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
LIFE'S A GLITCH WITH JULIEN BAM - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
SEX, LOVE AND GOOP - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
The Blacklist Season 9 - NBC - 8 p.m.
The First 48 Season 22 - A&E - 8 p.m.

Friday, October 22
INVASION - Apple TV+ - 12:01 a.m. (Drama)
ADVENTURE BEAST - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
INSIDE JOB - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Adult Animation)
Locke and Key Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
MAYA AND THE THREE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Adult Animation)
MORE THAN BLUE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
ROARING TWENTIES - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)

Saturday, October 23
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - HGTV - 8 p.m. (Reality)
Switched Before Birth (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
The Dead Files Season 14 - Travel - 10 p.m.

manhn

Season 5 of 'This is Us' was supposed to air in Canada this month, but it hasn't and I haven't heard anything more about it. It's not airing on Netflix due to some sort of Network squabble. It is is available on Prime Video for a price and I may have to just pay it.

I got to the show late in the game due to only recently getting Netflix, and I am have hooked - have already watched the first four seasons twice.

Not sure about any network squabble, but Netflix says that the fifth season of This is Us will be available on October 27. The sixth season is airing on NBC in January, so it’s common for the previous season to stream on Netflix a couple or so months before the next season begins. So, wait a couple of weeks. The season had issues due to YKW (the biggest issue being the fewer episodes) but there were some truly outstanding episodes this past season.

Allskate

The sixth season is airing on NBC in January,

The sixth season of This is Us doesn't start in the U.S. until January?! Darn. I've really been looking forward to it. I can't remember them ever waiting so long to start the season. I need to find a good new show to watch.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
The sixth season of This is Us doesn't start in the U.S. until January?! Darn. I've really been looking forward to it. I can't remember them ever waiting so long to start the season. I need to find a good new show to watch.

I think it's actually sometime in February when the show comes back. Apparently NBC decided to hold their final season until the second part of the season so they can air it all the way through the series finale in May without any breaks. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't come back until after their Olympic coverage concludes in February.

manhn

Yeah, they really struggled to keep up last season due to YKW. There were always those gaps and delays, which ultimately resulted in less episodes. I wonder how the other network shows coped. Interesting as This Is Us is “just” a family drama with no big action sequences.

Japanfan

Not sure about any network squabble, but Netflix says that the fifth season of This is Us will be available on October 27. The sixth season is airing on NBC in January, so it’s common for the previous season to stream on Netflix a couple or so months before the next season begins. So, wait a couple of weeks. The season had issues due to YKW (the biggest issue being the fewer episodes) but there were some truly outstanding episodes this past season.

Very cool. I managed to get a very computer savvy friend to get files of Season 5 to me, and just finished watching tonight.

If it airs on Netflix in October, I'll get to watch again. I can't do that easily with the computer, as it is too hard to set up.

Major spoiler at the end of Season 5, in the preview part. :(

PeterG

I really enjoyed Home Sweet Home (Friday nights on NBC at 8pm). I love Ava DuVernay as a director, and her first episode was so enjoyable to watch. I loved how the families were so open to exploring what another families life would be like. I think this would be a fun thing to do. Can't wait for more episodes! :cheer:

Trailer for Home Sweet Home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03BkRIo70s

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I decided to try Ordinary Joe since every other new show I tried was a bust, and I think this one will stick for me! My only gripe is I have to pay 100% attention because of all the character shifting.

I am loving Ordinary Joe! It gets easier over time to keep up with each storyline because you start getting use to them and that somehow makes it easier to follow. We'll have to chat about the show at Skate America later this week! :cheer:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 24/2021 - Saturday October 30/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-schedule-all-the-new-and-returning-tv-shows

Sunday, October 24
Insecure Season 5 - HBO - 10 p.m.

Monday, October 25
All American Season 4 - The CW - 8 p.m.
4400 - The CW - 9 p.m. (Drama)
Below Deck Season 9 - Bravo - 9 p.m.

Tuesday, October 26
The Last O.G. Season 4 (Special Time) - TBS - 10 p.m.
The Last O.G. Season 4 (Time Slot Premiere) - TBS - 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday, October 27
BEHIND THE MONSTERS - Shudder - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Sintonia Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Thursday, October 28
HORROR NOIRE - Shudder - 3:01 a.m. (Anthology Horror)
Love Life Season 2 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
STAR TREK: PRODIGY - Paramount+ - 3:01 a.m. (Sci-Fi Adventure)
Walker Season 2 - The CW - 8 p.m.
City Confidential Season 7 - A&E - 9 p.m.

Friday, October 29
MARADONA: BLESSED DREAM - Amazon - 12:0 a.m. (Docuseries)
SWAGGER - Apple TV+ - 12:01 a.m. (Drama)
ART IN BLOOM WITH HELEN DEALTRY - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
COLIN IN BLACK AND WHITE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
KATE BUTTON PROJECT - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
Mythomaniac Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
THE TIME IT TAKES - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)

Saturday, October 30
Torn From Her Arms (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.

PeterG

I enjoyed Queens. Kind of cheesy like The Big Leap, but lots to like. One or two lines made me laugh out loud. The four leads really give it their all. Brandy's singing voice is sublime and she can rap really well also. Interesting about the time jump at the end. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

PeterG

I was disappointed with The 4400. I had hoped they would improve on the original, which didn't have great writing and ended up being more about the power struggle for leadership of an organization instead of the impact that alien abduction has on those abducted...and their loved ones. It's almost like the same barely-capable writing team from 15 years ago are back, without having improved their skills at all. I will still watch a few more episodes to see if it can maybe improved. (Fingers crossed.)

I also didn't understand the casting. I'm all for racial diversity, even a cast with little to no white people. But why are about 95% of the characters played by African-Americans? No Asian characters, no Latinx characters, Indian characters, etc. Very weird. In this version of The 4400, did the aliens only abduct African-Americans??

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information