2021-22 Programs and Choreographers

karmena

Bradie loves her Latin-titled music! Actually, she’s always had fascinating, out-of-ordinary, new-ageish music...Cinderella was a fluke but most people remember that one.
Bradie is having her own (unique) style of skating and thus, the music always is exceptionally her; the same her way of skating- its Bradie. If comparing into frame of classical music styles, Bradie's skating style would like a modern classical music, ( like Shostakovitch) So, not for everyone but exceptional.

Last edited:

Japanfan

Grassl is not doing himself a favour by skating to this music that already belongs to Misha Kolyada.
According to your logic, no skaters should have attempted 'Turandot' after S/Z's iconic performance.

And I'm sure that skaters have used the same music that Kwan did, in her many iconic performances.

Music doesn't belong to any one skater or pair.

Interesting note - when S/Z skated to 'Meditation from Thais' (2007?), they weren't even aware that B/S had skated to that music in their memorable 2002 battle.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
According to your logic, no skaters should have attempted 'Turandot' after S/Z's iconic performance.

And I'm sure that skaters have used the same music that Kwan did, in her many iconic performances.

Music doesn't belong to any one skater or pair.

Interesting note - when S/Z skated to 'Meditation from Thais' (2007?), they weren't even aware that B/S had skated to that music in their memorable 2002 battle.
That's not what I meant. Everyone can skate to whatever they want but Kolyada was the first one to use Nureyev and his program was iconic.

Grassl could never ever skate such a program because his presentation is very limited and since Kolyada's program is still fresh in everyone's memory, everyone will compare Grassl to Kolyada and these comparisons will do Grassl no favors.

seabm7

I'm guessing it will be like a postmodern jukebox version of it but I'd be happy to be wrong.

According to this clip, her music is an instrumental (piano?) cover.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Anastasia Skoptsova/ Kirill Aleshin
FD: Romeo and Juliet soundtrack (doesn't name the exact movie)

Sylvia

TBD
Jessica Pfund & Joshua Santillan (formerly USA & now representing Switzerland in pairs)
SP: "Fields of Gold" by Eva Cassidy
FS: "Where’s My Love" by SYML
Both programs were choreographed by the two of them. Link to their latest blog is posted in the U.S. Pairs thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...s-updates-part-xi.107350/page-24#post-6022524
Relevant excerpt from their blog:
We have kept our programs from last season because we never got to compete them and we really love them so much. For a reminder, our short program is to Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy, and our free skate is to Where’s My Love by SYML. Choreographing our own programs has really made expressing to the music so much easier; when it is choreographed in such a way that we hear it, the emotions from the program come from within, rather than someone else’s idea of where the emotions come from.

karmena

It would be great for Loena to be on the podium at Olympics 😍; to get any color of medal... Oh, I wish the same for too many... it would be fantastic for Xendrickx to win! And to win convincingly!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Loena Hendrickx
SP: “Caruso” performed by Lara Fabian

Choreo. by Adam Solya

Instagram
Loena shared a footwork clip with a fast twizzle sequence in her FS music announcement post yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR10stLJN7H/
It will be a mix of music’s, starting with The Mystic’s Dream from Loreena Mckennitt, then my stepsequence on Spirits from Chronis Taxidis, second part Enta Omri from Achraf Kallel And finishing my program with a fun remix.

Something I’ve never done before, oriental style. Going out of my comfort zone with my new free program.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Sofia tagged Florent Amodio in her latest IG post. I wonder if he's doing her choreography?

Amodio is coaching and/or choreographing at Mishin's summer camp in Tartu, Estonia (July 25-August 8, 2021): https://www.mishincamps.com/summer-camp-2021-
Update: Amodio posted clips in his stories of Sofia skating to what sounds like a cover of Dua Lipa's "New Rules."

Bigbird

I have to admit I'm quite disappointed, there are barely any transitions and the choreography is too subtle for such dramatic music imo. I hope they'll make it more interesting.
Dmitry isn't sharp and confident enough to play the dark prince. It looks like only Boikova really understands how to sell the performance so it looks rather unfinished. I think their team mates may still have the better SP.

Sylvia

TBD
Alexa Knierim / Brandon Frazier
SP: “House of the Rising Sun” (“A much more upgraded version with a new twist of a new style. It's going to fit our skating very well. It's going to be a good program,” Brandon added.)
Choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne

FS: "Fix You" by two different artists and one section composed by Karl Hugo from Studio Unisons ("The combination of vocals from Fearless Soul and Coldplay allow for a delicate but exciting balance of energy,” Alexa shared.")
Choreographer: Renée Roca
Source: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...ssfully-opened-a-new-chapter?templateParam=15

Bigbird

Dmitry isn't confident? :huh:
He is but he looks rather high in the knees and unsure of the choreography. A piece like this requires the softest and sharpest knees and very precise movement. I'm just not feeling that....right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information