2021-22 Programs and Choreographers

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I don't think it's been posted yet, this is Kolyada's SP:

Hard to tell how it will evolve, but for now I don't find it terribly distinctive. They make good use of his balletic presentation but there was nothing that really jumped out at me, but expecting another White Crow was maybe too much...And there's time for improvements still.
I liked it, it could be a real winner.
But what about the handography in the beginning and the end? I think the costume might include gloves, used as a mask, similar to Delobel/Schoenfelder in 05/06, Shcherbakova the year she won Russian Nats and the legendary Larry Loupolover in his "Joker" program.

Bigbird

Really liked both dances for Vasilisa K. and Valeri A., very good juniors. Hoping they have a great break out season.

I am confused by the RT of Drozd and Abashkina but the FD seems to show them off well. Looking forward to seeing more depth and energy from Russian ice dance this new quad. SB will not be able to fend off the newbies.

jenny12

I don't think it's been posted yet, this is Kolyada's SP:

Hard to tell how it will evolve, but for now I don't find it terribly distinctive. They make good use of his balletic presentation but there was nothing that really jumped out at me, but expecting another White Crow was maybe too much...And there's time for improvements still.

Agreed. The program is blandly pretty but not much else. I think this piece is more suitable for a free program since what makes it special is the build and that’s really taken away by making it a short program. Kolyada is one of the most gorgeous skaters out there but this program doesn’t do much for him.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Agreed. The program is blandly pretty but not much else. I think this piece is more suitable for a free program since what makes it special is the build and that’s really talent away by making it a short program. Kolyada is one of the most gorgeous skaters out there but this program doesn’t do much for him.
There are many positive things to say about Mishin, but the man can't stand his skaters having two masterpiece programs in a row. I will never understand why they didn't keep White Crow this season.

starrynight

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva RUS
SP: “Oblivion” performed by Misia; choreo by Ilia Averbukh
FS: “Arabia” by Hanine El Alam, “My Love … Music” by Artem Uzunov; choreo by Nikita Mikhailov

Source: https://www.goldenskate.com/russias-tuktamysheva-sets-the-tone-for-the-olympic-season/

I like these choices. Both The Sp and FS are giving me 2014/2015 vibes which was a year when her packaging was perfect.

And I was a big fan of the Elizabeth Taylor mumu. Just saying.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I like these choices. Both The Sp and FS are giving me 2014/2015 vibes which was a year when her packaging was perfect.
Agreed. However, I hope the LP music builds well and isn't too sparse. She REALLY needs the music to do the heavy lifting, which wasn't the case with last year's program--Sandstorm and the Charleston programs were most effective at this.
In her stories, Sofia Samodurova confirms that her SP is "New Rules" by Dua Lipa (apparently not a cover as I thought
Yay for not using some dreary cover and apparently it looks like we're getting some phone handography as well! :cheer:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Boikova/Kozlovskii are going to skate to "Malaguena" in their free program.

Not sure about this.
Maybe Moskvina is trying to light a fire within them? It’s better than “James Bond - The Palm Garden Edition” of the last two years.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The new FS of Mishina/Galliamov will be: "Snowstorm" and "Time forward" by Sviridov.

This is going to be epic. You heard it here first.
Between a generic Swan Lake SP and this, not sure Moskvina is doing them any favors.
I love Sviridov - anything by him, and Snowstorm is my absolute favorite.

I am OK with Swan lake but not sure how B&K will do with it. Normally I don't like Malagueña for an LP (except for Kristi). For B&K though this music could bring out their energy, particularly Dima's.

I am very disappointed that Kolyada is not going to keep White Crow for his LP. That is an 'Olympic' program! I hope by mid season he will bring back White Crow. I love Schindler's list, overused or not, but Kolyada had a real opportunity here, to skate his Crow masterpiece to perfection in the Olympics.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
And I'm sure that skaters have used the same music that Kwan did, in her many iconic performances.

Interesting note - when S/Z skated to 'Meditation from Thais' (2007?), they weren't even aware that B/S had skated to that music in their memorable 2002 battle.
I think the poster was half joking.

How is it possible that S&Z didn't know that B&S had used Meditation from Thais in 2002? I don't believe this. They had heard and seen it numerous times, especially by B&S.
They loved the music (it has been used by many skaters), so they skated to it.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I think the poster was half joking.

How is it possible that S&Z didn't know that B&S had used Meditation from Thais in 2002? I don't believe this. They had heard and seen it numerous times, especially by B&S.
They loved the music (it has been used by many skaters), so they skated to it.
I agree with your points, but then we had Kovtun choose "Carmen" for his fp a couple of years ago because he watched Plushenko's 2002 Olympic free program and just thought that "it's a cool music"...sometimes skaters themselves are not too knowledgeable about their choices of music, so it really could be that S/Z actually never got the memo that B/S had used "Méditation" before.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I agree with your points, but then we had Kovtun choose "Carmen" for his fp a couple of years ago because he watched Plushenko's 2002 Olympic free program and just thought that "it's a cool music"...sometimes skaters themselves are not too knowledgeable about their choices of music, so it really could be that S/Z actually never got the memo that B/S had used "Médidation" before.

Was Kovtun too young to remember Plushenko's 2002 LP skate? That may be a possibility. I dont think that would be the case with S&Z and Meditation/B&S. Nobody forgets an Olympic program their competitors skated and won. S&Z even liked B&S's program, because they said they deserved to win. S&Z used Impossible Dream at one time, which was B&S's exhibition in 1999. They had competed against each other for many years, starting in 1997-1998. So it is hard for me to believe they didn't know.

Sorry. I think this is probably a rumor started by some S&Z Ubers and it is totally unnecessary.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Was Kovtun too young to remember Plushenko's 2002 LP skate? That may be a possibility. I dont think that would be the case with S&Z and Meditation/B&S. Nobody forgets an Olympic program their competitors skated and won. S&Z even liked B&S's program, because they said they deserved to win. S&Z used Impossible Dream at one time, which was B&S's exhibition in 1999. They had competed against each other for many years, starting in 1997-1998. So it is hard for me to believe they didn't know.

Sorry. I think this is probably a rumor started by some S&Z Ubers and it is totally unnecessary.
The response you quoted was that Kovtun picked the music because he saw Plushenko skate to it. So either way, he saw it.

Getting back on topic, I’m excited to see M/G’s Sviridov LP. Yagudin used the same combination in his 1998 free skate.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!

What I wanted to say is that Kovtun, despite having skated for a long time, had no idea what "Carmen" was in the first place and he also was oblivious to the fact that it's quite a warhorse in skating, only choosing it because he thought "that's a cool music Plushenko used there".

mjb52

I think I made this exact point a year or two ago but while to diehard fans it's like... "oh, no, Carmen again," to skaters it might be more like an actor who has always dreamed of playing Hamlet. Sure, it's been done a bunch of times before but they personally haven't done it and they want to.

Andrea82

ISU profiles updated with 2021/22 programs for JGP Courchevel#1 skaters

Corey CIRCELLI
SP: Io Ci Saro by Andrea Bocelli
FS: The Nutcracker: Pas de Deux by Petr I. Tchaikovski
Choreographer: David Wilson

Makar SUNTSEV
SP: Way Down We Go by Kaleo
FS: I Love You (Quinted Version) by Woodkid
Choreographers: Monica Lindfors, Anastasia Bunina, Leonid Sviridenko

Francois PITOT
SP: Senza Parole by Il Divo
FS: Rocket Man (soundtrack) by Elton John
Choreographers: Brian Joubert, Didier Lucine, Katia Gentele

Joseph Alexander ZAKIPOUR
SP: Seven Nation Army performed by 2 Cellos
FS: O… Saya (from "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack) by A. R. Rahman and M.I.A.; Mausum & Escape (from "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack) by Asad Khan; Paper Planes (DFA Remix) ((from "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack) by M.I.A. ( Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam)
Choreographer: Tamara Cvijanovic (Formerly Jeranjak Ipakjan)

Luca FUENFER
SP: Demon Dance by Parov Stelar
FS: Keeping Me Alive by Jonathan Roy
Choreographer: Adam Solya

Heung Lai ZHAO
SP: Selection by Two Steps from Hell
FS: Clouds, the Mind on the (Re)wind by Ezio Bosso

Iakov POGREBINSKII
SP: Cheat Coat (Major soundtrack) by Sollar
FS: Writing's on the Wall (from "Spectre" - James Bond soundtrack) by Sam Smith

Jonathan EGYPTSON
SP: Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
FS: Joker (soundtrack) by Hildur Gudnadóttir
Choreographer: Jonathan Egyptson, Moa Lindgren

Fang-Yi LIN
SP: All Alone by Joe Satriani
FS: La Terre Vue Du Ciel by Armand Amar
Choreographer: Elvin Wong

Vadym NOVIKOV
SP: Time Lapse by Michael Nyman
FS: Winston Churchill's Boy by Benjamin Clementine

Lucas BROUSSARD
SP: Gin Tonic by Parov Stelar
FS: Yellow Moon by Luca D'Alberto
Choreographer: Corrie Martin

Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA
RD:
Blues: Leave The Door Open by Bruno Mars
Swing: September by Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick & Earth, Wind & Fire
FD:
Tangosain by various artists
Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla
Choreographers: Megan Wing, Aaron Lowe, Mark Pillay

Hailey YU / Brendan GIANG
RD:
Blues: River by Charlie Puth
Blues: Came Here for Love by Sigala and Ella Eyre
FD:
You Know It's About You by Magical Thinker, Stephen Wrabel, Dezi Paige
Blood Sweat and Tears by Magical Thinker, Stephen Wrabel, Dezi Paige
Choreographer: Megan Win
The James Bond Theme
Writing's On The Wall (James Bond soundtrack) performed by Sam Smith
g, Aaron Lowe

Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK
RD:
Daddy Cool by Boney M
Blues: True by Spandau Ballet
Disco Inferno by The Trammps
FD:
Flor De Noche by Vicente Amigo
Nada Puede Dormir by Vicente Amigo
Poeta en el viento by Vicente Amigo
Choreographer: Matteo Zanni

Tatjana BUNINA / Ivan KUZNETSOV
RD:
Blues: Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas
Heads Will Roll by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
FD:
The James Bond Theme
Writing's On The Wall (James Bond soundtrack) performed by Sam Smith
Choreographer: Lea Rand

Vasilisa AHRAMENKA / Alessio SURENKOV-GULTCHEV
RD:
Blues: Summertime (JPOD remix) by Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday
Quickstep: Betty Boop (Blan Kato remix) by Charlie Puth
FD:
Tango by Dianne Reeves, Raul Midón
Kiss by The Art of Noise featuring Tom Jones

Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIY
RD:
Blues: Goin' Crazy With The Blues performed by The Hot Sardines
Swing: Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen performed by The Hot Sardines
FD:
Sarabande by Escala
Sarabande Suite (Aeternae) by Globus
Choreographer: Mariia Tumanovska-Chaika

Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN
RD:
Gangnam Style
Don't
FD: Cats (musical soundtrack) by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Choreographers: Samuel Choinard, Ginette Cournoyer, Emillie Josset, Eva Airapetian

Lika BONDAR / Artem KOVAL
RD:
Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai
Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) by Bruno Mars, Mark Ronson
FD:
Bedroom Hymns by Florence+The Machine
Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (all We Got) by Fergie, GoonRock, Q-Tip
Choreographer: Artem Khromyh

Katarina WOLFKOSTIN / Jeffrey CHEN
RD:
Blues: Speechless - Human Nature (Immortal Version) by Michael Jackson
Diamonds are Invincible by Michael Jackson, Mark Ronson
Blues: Human Nature by Michael Jackson
March: Smooth Criminal (Immortal Version) by Michael Jackson
FD:
Rain, In Your Black Eyes by Ezio Bosso
Choreographer: Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo

Sophia Natalie DAYAN
SP: Mia & Sebastian's Theme (from "La La Land") by Justin Hurwitz
FS: For the Love of a Princess (from "Braveheart" soundtrack) by James Horner

Maria LEVUSHKINA
SP: Procuro Olvidarte by Guadalupe Pineda Feat. Raúl Di Blasio
FS: Kill Bill (soundtrack) by various artists, Twisted Nevue by Bernard Herrmann, Goodnight Moon by Shivaree
Choreographer: Vitalii Butikov, Albena Denkova, Maxim Staviski

Kaiya RUITER
SP: Opportunity by Sia
FS: Mulan (soundtrack), Loyal Brave True (from "Mulan" soundtrack) by Christina Aguilera, Harry Gregson-Williams
Choreographer: Jeff Langdon (SP), David Wilson (FS)

Catharina Victoria PETERSEN
SP: One eye open - Lola Blanc -
FS: The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn - Daniel Pemberton -
Choreographer: Igor Tsion

Janna JYRKINEN
SP: Your Heart Is As Black As Night performed by Beth Hart
FS: Morning Mood (from "Peer Gynt") by Edvard Grieg, In the Hall of the Mountain King (from "Peer Gynt") by Edvard Grieg
Choreographers: Anastasia Bunina, Adam Solya

Eve DUBECQ
SP: The Way I Feel by Asa
FS: Ommaty by Orange Blossom, Ya Sidi by Orange Blossom, Maria by Orange Blossom
Choreographer: Laurie May Ayivigan

Lola GHOZALI
SP: Lovely by Billie Eilish
FS: Submersive by Christine Hals, Michael Maas, Castle by Halsey and Agnus Dei , Redemption by Axl Rosenberg
Choreographer: Laurie May

Nargiz SULEYMANOVA
SP: Anytime, Anywhere by Sarah Brightman
FS: Bang Bang performed by Lady Gaga
Choreographer: Adam Solya

Cheuk Ka Kahlen CHEUNG
SP: Sweet Dreams (are made of this) by Eurythmics
FS: Passionata (from "Carmen") by Georges Bizet, Hababera (from "Carmen") by Georges Bizet
Choreographer: Scott Brown

Bernadett SZIGETI
SP: Amelie (soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen
FS: At Last by Etta James , Big Spender performed by Peggy Lee
Choreographer: Patrícia Pavuk

Ivetta BERKOVICH
SP: Sign of the Times by Harry Styles
FS: Una Noche mas by Yasmin Levi
Choreographer: Igor Tchiniaev

Seoyeon JI
SP: Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens
FS: Piano Concerto No. 2 in C. Minor Op. 18 by Sergei Rachmaninov