From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Stepanova/Bukin, Schevchenko/Eremenko will not be able to participate in the 4th Cup of Russia, due to the quarantine. The reason is: one of their coaches has been diagnosed with ******* and the whole group is in quarantine.

syzygy

And also one of the most popular fan accounts too, all happened in 2 days time span. People are saying it is Pluschenko who paid hackers, or rather his wife, who has been hiring reporters to create controversy about Tutberidze, and to praise Pluschenko's group.
Why do these random rumors always happen around the skating world JFC.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
And also one of the most popular fan accounts too, all happened in 2 days time span. People are saying it is Pluschenko who paid hackers, or rather his wife, who has been hiring reporters to create controversy about Tutberidze, and to praise Pluschenko's group.
People need to get a life.

hanca

Values her privacy
I don't. I wish this thread could be focused more on actual skating news and that a separate thread could be started in the Trash Can for the soap opera stuff.
I don’t insist that this matter should necessarily be discussed here. But I enjoy that the Russians are making sure we are entertained even when there is not as much skating to watch.

ChiquitaBanana

Let me break this down for a moment in case anyone else reading this thread feels like their brain is going to explode.

hanca seems to be making two arguments:

A. In order to be a competitive rhythmic gymnast, one must undergo a stretching routine that is necessarily painful.

B. There is a difference between stretches one must do to be a competitive rhythmic gymnast and the stretches an adult who wants to be healthy might do.

B is supported by an analogy that there's a difference between someone who goes ice skating for fun and one who wants to train to be a competitive figure skater.

Now, where it gets confusing to me is that hanca is repeatedly implying that someone is trying to dispute these claims.

For A, the opposing argument would be that it is possible to do the stretches necessary to be a competitive rhythmic gymnast without experiencing pain.

Since I know virtually nothing about stretching and even less about competitive rhythmic gymnastics, I am not in a position to make that argument. However, I am quite confident that no one has made that argument in this thread, and I would wager that no one has ever seriously made that argument on FSU.

For B, the opposing argument would be that there is no difference between the stretching one needs to do to be a competitive rhythmic gymnast and the stretching an adult interested in keeping healthy but not competing in any type of athletic contest needs to do. And, for the analogy to B, that there is no difference between skating for fun and training to be a competitive figure skater.

Either of those two opposing arguments would be ridiculous, and certainly have never been made in this thread.

Finally, I don't want to suggest this is the only place where someone is inventing arguments that don't exist in order to disprove them. That seems to happen quite frequently, but I suppose our current times and continuing news and experiences may be at least partially to blame.

I would like to add, on a semi-topical note, that I am interested to see the junior ice dance team who represent Cyprus (but are originally from Russia) progress and glad they did well in at Ice Star.
It has happened to me with the very same person and when I did backup my claims I never got a reply or an acknowledgment.

That is said, I do work in the field and I basically stretch people all that long. It might get uncomfortable and sure it can get painful if you want but you sure can achieve the same results without going the hard way and making people cry. It’s all about the stretch reflex you want to inhibit because there are not just muscles involved in stretching but the nervous system as well.
However kids are not adults might cry more easily not just because of the pain but because they are physically developing and not used to theses body sensations. The same amount of stretching done on teenagers/adults would feel less because they know they will get something out of this sensation whereas the kids are totally in the present moment and don’t have the same amount of delayed rewarding.

I might not be the more precise/concise to explain all of this as English is not my first language.

ChiquitaBanana

Maybe because you were not worth the time it would take to reply? Some people value their time to waste it with someone bitchy.
Maybe you just got what you give to others...

This is a discussion board. You wanted an info, were petty about getting it. I answered with the same tone as you did. I did backup my reply with a source. If you write two messages asking for a source and then I give it to you and you don’t dare to answer I take it as you just don’t want to argue with someone having another point of view. It could have been great hearing your take on the link I provided and it could have opened a debate about drug usage in skating (let not put our head in the sand because it does exist and not just in Russia) instead of being yourself snarky because you thought I didn’t answer as quickly as you wanted.
You never know who are the people behind their screen and their background.

It will be my last reply on that subject and will take it to pm.

hanca

Values her privacy
Maybe you just got what you give to others...

This is a discussion board. You wanted an info, were petty about getting it. I answered with the same tone as you did. I did backup my reply with a source. If you write two messages asking for a source and then I give it to you and you don’t dare to answer I take it as you just don’t want to argue with someone having another point of view. It could have been great hearing your take on the link I provided and it could have opened a debate about drug usage in skating (let not put our head in the sand because it does exist and not just in Russia) instead of being yourself snarky because you thought I didn’t answer as quickly as you wanted.
You never know who are the people behind their screen and their background.

It will be my last reply on that subject and will take it to pm.
If you really don’t know why I didn’t bother to reply, then I am really have nothing to tell you! I don’t feel that talking to you anyhow contributes to the topic, and that’s why I decided not to waste my time. I usually don’t put people on ignore and therefore haven’t put you on ignore either, but if you can’t resist trying to waste my time, I will have to exercise my control trying not to respond to you.

Bigbird

If you really don’t know why I didn’t bother to reply, then I am really have nothing to tell you! I don’t feel that talking to you anyhow contributes to the topic, and that’s why I decided not to waste my time. I usually don’t put people on ignore and therefore haven’t put you on ignore either, but if you can’t resist trying to waste my time, I will have to exercise my control trying not to respond to you.

Fight! Fight! Catfight? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information