U.S. Figure skating streaming coverage will move to Peacock Premium starting in Fall 2020

Sylvia

TBD
Press release just out:
(10/7/20) – Figure skating coverage will move from the NBC Sports Gold "Figure Skating Pass” to Peacock Premium beginning this month, which complements coverage on NBC and NBCSN, NBC and U.S. Figure Skating announced today. Fans can subscribe to Peacock Premium now ahead of the start of the 2020-21 season this month, beginning by providing access to major domestic and international competitions during the 2020-21 season.
Peacock Premium will feature select live event coverage as well as on-demand replay coverage of figure skating throughout the season. Competition on Peacock Premium will kick off with coverage of ‘Skate America’ on October 23rd with the ladies’ short program from Las Vegas. Programming from Skate America will begin with the Practice Cam, beginning on October 22nd.
Viewers can sign up for Peacock Premium at peacocktv.com. Peacock is currently available on the Roku platform; Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD; Google platforms and devices including Android™, Android TV™ devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices; Microsoft’s Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X; Sony PlayStation4 and PlayStation 4 Pro; and VIZIO SmartCast™ TVs and LG Smart TVs. Comcast’s eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, enjoy Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost.
The following events will be part of Peacock Premium’s figure skating coverage:

Skate America
Skate Canada International
Cup of China
Internationaux de France
Rostelecom Cup
NHK Trophy
U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series (Senior and Junior)
2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2021
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2021
2021 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships (Senior and Junior)
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2021

Last edited:

aemeraldrainc

I was able to link my xfinity account and it looks like it’s ready to go without paying extra. However, I don’t see that my Samsung TV is supported :/

Debbie S

I was able to set up my free account (Xfinity customer) but skating doesn't show up on my TV screen, I could only find the SA entry by using the search bar, which is annoying. I hope they add a Skating menu option when the season starts.

A.H.Black

I don't suppose we have any information about a TV schedule yet.

Concerning the free Xfinity account - I do not have comcast/Xfinity for my TV, however I do have it for my computer online access. I was still eligible for the free account. It's up and running. Peacock also mentions it's available for Cox.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Those Comcast subscribers with Xfinity plans have free access. ...

WHOOP-DEE-DOO!!!!!!!!
:cheer2: :biggrinbo:cheer2::biggrinbo:cheer2::biggrinbo

As mentioned in other thread I had no trouble signing up through my Smart TV as a device. Just said “Peacock” into the remote and followed instructions from there.

Last edited:

shuilee

I saw NBCSN will show Skate America live at 8pm-12am on Friday 10/23 (Short Programs). This was in my cable box guide. Hopefully this is correct. Would be good to get my money's worth from my cable TV bill if it's on NBCSN (a channel that's on most people's standard cable package). No need to pay extra for Peacock Premium!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I saw NBCSN will show Skate America live at 8pm-12am on Friday 10/23 (Short Programs). This was in my cable box guide. Hopefully this is correct. Would be good to get my money's worth from my cable TV bill if it's on NBCSN (a channel that's on most people's standard cable package). No need to pay extra for Peacock Premium!
Well, if the stream has commentators other than Tara and Johnny, it will be worth every penny for me.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I was able to link my xfinity account and it looks like it’s ready to go without paying extra. However, I don’t see that my Samsung TV is supported :/
I have a Samsung and I don't have any issues. I use the voice remote and it takes me straight to the Peacock site.

Frau Muller

I have a Samsung and I don't have any issues. I use the voice remote and it takes me straight to the Peacock site.

Same for me - a Samsung & Xfinity remote. Works perfectly.

It’s so great to not have to watch on a computer. Much nicer to sit on a sofa in the living room, watching TV.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Same for me - a Samsung & Xfinity remote. Works perfectly.

It’s so great to not have to watch on a computer. Much nicer to sit on a sofa in the living room, watching TV.

If you have any of quite a few different brands of smart TVs and a laptop/phone, you’ve more than likely had the option to cast the screen to the TV for the last several years.

Frau Muller

I can’t wait for
If you have any of quite a few different brands of smart TVs and a laptop/phone, you’ve more than likely had the option to cast the screen to the TV for the last several years.

Thanks, Tony. For some crazy reason, I’m more excited about this upcoming season than in the recent past, since it’s a mystery what will take place. Grateful to be seeing anything.

Last edited:

LeafOnTheWind

I wonder what "select live coverage means". I know that Gold didn't have every competition but I'm hoping that Peacock will have the same level of coverage. It's probably hard for them to be specific this season about what will be covered but I kind of want to see more clarification by comparing it to Gold's coverage.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I wonder what "select live coverage means". I know that Gold didn't have every competition but I'm hoping that Peacock will have the same level of coverage. It's probably hard for them to be specific this season about what will be covered but I kind of want to see more clarification by comparing it to Gold's coverage.
I expect live coverage anytime NBC can get a good quality feed. Remember, crew sizes are severely limited now in most countries and, in many cases, are limited to residents of a specific country/area. Eurosport may not be able to use a multinational crew, for example. It’ll be strange year.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Thank you for this information, my Samsung doesn’t have peacock (even with voice search). However, I looked into how to cast and it works.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Thank you for this information, my Samsung doesn’t have peacock (even with voice search). However, I looked into how to cast and it works.

You're welcome! The TV in my living room is a smart TV, but it's one of those that only allows for certain apps to be downloaded rather than adding whichever channels/services you want. NBC Sports Gold was never amongst the options, so I just would open it on my laptop or phone and cast away!

barbk

Are the skating broadcasts available on-demand, or only when they are scheduled?

maureenfarone

Are the skating broadcasts available on-demand, or only when they are scheduled?
Here is a link to the USFS announcement: https://www.usfigureskating.org/new...uVAuZWUrxb8GuU6-IWh-sANsjeyl837XU3KIv_vNacshE

" Peacock Premium will feature select live event coverage as well as on-demand replay coverage of figure skating throughout the season"

It sounds like it will be about the same as NBC Sports Gold with live coverage and everything on demand. I'm not sure how long the archived events will be available on demand beyond the end of the season.

Sylvia

TBD
How do you download Peacock TV?
https://www.peacocktv.com/skating#ib-section-section-12
How do I watch Figure Skating on Peacock?
You can start watching daily coverage of Figure Skating Single Live Events with Peacock Premium on Friday, October 23.
Select a Premium plan above to get started creating a new account or to upgrade. You can also visit peacocktv.com/account to upgrade or change your existing plan at any time. With Peacock Premium, you can find Figure Skating live coverage in the Browse section of the Peacock apps and on PeacockTV.com through Saturday, April 10.
Please note that selection of a Premium plan will result in a charge which will recur on a monthly or annual basis, depending on your plan. You can cancel your Premium plan at any time in your Account.

https://www.peacocktv.com/skating
At the bottom of page:
"Customers of participating providers (XFINITY & COX) may be eligible for full access to Peacock Premium at no additional cost. Choose your provider to learn more."

First up: Skate America streams LIVE starting October 23.
Hmmm, what happened to the Practice Cam livestreaming on Thursday, October 22?

Last edited:

maureenfarone

I moved up from free peacock tv to the $4.99/mo peacock premium. I found the live and upcoming figureskating with the practice cam on 10/22. Can anyone explain where the SA 2019 video is located?

I've looked all through the sports section and the browse section and I don't see SA 2019 anywhere. Has it already been removed?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I moved up from free peacock tv to the $4.99/mo peacock premium. I found the live and upcoming figureskating with the practice cam on 10/22. Can anyone explain where the SA 2019 video is located?

I've looked all through the sports section and the browse section and I don't see SA 2019 anywhere. Has it already been removed?
I did a search for "figure skating" in the search box on Peacock and it came up.

Cayuse

You can find Skate America 2019 replays archived in Sports Gold under nbcsports.com. I'm a paid member and had to log in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information