Australian skating news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

This message was posted on the 2021 Four Continents Facebook page:

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, tickets for the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2021 have been postponed until further notice. Thank you for all the inquiries and we will keep you notified of the progress of this event.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
This message was posted on the 2021 Four Continents Facebook page:

Due to the *********-19 *********, tickets for the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2021 have been postponed until further notice. Thank you for all the inquiries and we will keep you notified of the progress of this event.

I think that the event wont take place :(

Sylvia

TBD
Unfortunately Holly Harris & Jason Chan won't be able to make their Grand Prix debut at Skate Canada International (canceled earlier today) - their ISU bio is updated with their new FD music: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00108245.htm
Waltzing Matilda (from "Ophelia of the Spirits")
By the Boab Tree (from "Ophelia of the Spirits")
Faraway Downs by Felix Meagher, Baz Luhrmann, Angela Little -

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Unfortunately Holly Harris & Jason Chan won't be able to make their Grand Prix debut at Skate Canada International (canceled earlier today) - their ISU bio is updated with their new FD music: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00108245.htm
Waltzing Matilda (from "Ophelia of the Spirits")
By the Boab Tree (from "Ophelia of the Spirits")
Faraway Downs by Felix Meagher, Baz Luhrmann, Angela Little -

Sometimes, when skaters perform to music with a national point of view, I was bracing myself for choices that would be hilariously kitsch.

But, those selections are actually quite lovely.

Sylvia

TBD
For 40 years, one family has run Tasmania's only ice skating rink:
The Glenorchy rink is the state's only ice skating facility, and is home to a small but vibrant sporting community.
Amy Pailthorpe has been figure skating at the Glenorchy rink for 12 years.
Last year she became the Australian adult gold figure skating champion.
"We're probably sometimes the underdogs when it comes to things like that. Because our ice surface is smaller, we only have one rink," she said.
"I just love the feeling, spinning and jumping, just gliding.
"When you put on a really good performance in a competition or a show you feel very accomplished."
Amy skates five times a week, up to 8 hours a day.
But with the future of the local rink in doubt, she is concerned.
"I would hope that whoever purchases it next keeps the sport living on, and helps boost it even more in Tassie."

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
For 40 years, one family has run Tasmania's only ice skating rink:
Yep my home rink now. Been here for two years. Great club and community.

If anyone wants to buy an ice rink .....

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but there was a brief interview by Lucy Zelic with Harley Windsor for NAIDOC week back in November. It’s still on the SBS on Demand site.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Did Harley find a partner? I think he was still training in Dundee up till Christmas as he was in one of their videos. Hoping for good news if he still wants to compete :)

starrynight

By what I've seen on Instagram, Harley is in Dubai. I wonder if he is there waiting for a flight back to Australia?

I imagine with the 'rona situation in the UK, it's probably not the best place to train at the moment.

Sylvia

TBD
Good to see that ISA is hosting a National Online Competition (ISA Benchmark Event) with programs "to be skated between the 1st and 9th of December 2020"
ISA Online Event - Results/Protocols (Updated as at 1/1/2021): https://www.isa.org.au/isaonlinedec2020

SENIOR DANCE FINAL RESULT
1 Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDS BFISC QLD 149.96 1 1 (58.95 in RD, 91.01 in FD)

SENIOR MEN FINAL RESULT
1 Charlton DOHERTY QLD 134.41 1 1 (94.55 in FS)

SENIOR LADIES FINAL RESULT
1 Shania SIME NSW 92.98 2 1
2 Romy GROGAN NSW 86.63 1 2
3 Jennifer TOMS VIC 72.20 3 3

JUNIOR LADIES FINAL RESULT
1 Vlada VASILEV NSW 122.32 1 1 (84.69 in FS)

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
ISA Online Event - Results/Protocols (Updated as at 1/1/2021): https://www.isa.org.au/isaonlinedec2020

SENIOR DANCE FINAL RESULT
1 Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDS BFISC QLD 149.96 1 1 (58.95 in RD, 91.01 in FD)

SENIOR MEN FINAL RESULT
1 Charlton DOHERTY QLD 134.41 1 1 (94.55 in FS)

SENIOR LADIES FINAL RESULT
1 Shania SIME NSW 92.98 2 1
2 Romy GROGAN NSW 86.63 1 2
3 Jennifer TOMS VIC 72.20 3 3

JUNIOR LADIES FINAL RESULT
1 Vlada VASILEV NSW 122.32 1 1 (84.69 in FS)

Refresh my hot toddy, what happened to Kailiani and Brendan?

Orm Irian

By what I've seen on Instagram, Harley is in Dubai. I wonder if he is there waiting for a flight back to Australia?

I imagine with the 'rona situation in the UK, it's probably not the best place to train at the moment.
He was certainly flying off to somewhere else from Dubai based on a recent instagram story. Didn't say where though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information