From Russia With Love (#36) Spring into Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
The Russian federation published who is on the senior team (both the main team and the reserve team). Have they published who is on junior team? I am curious about pairs and ladies.

Japanfan

Whether this is true or not, I do not like country-hopping.

If a skater genuinely wants to represent another country, that is one thing. Still, if they are doing it because they are facing the obstacle of being “dropped,” gradually phased out, or no longer competitive enough to keep up with the front-runners, I then question their true motivations, where their loyalty’s lie. Is it solely for themselves or, to be fair, themselves and their “new country?” Hopefully, the latter.

Probably not for the new country, in most cases.

Even so, I don't think country hopping in order to improve one's skills and have more opportunities is wrong in any way. Most people would change their circumstances for these reasons.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

[
A pity they didn’t put Gubanova and Lazukin on reserve team, especially since there’s only one pair on the list
Lazukin just had a surgery, and will take 2-3 months to get on skates, and 6-8 (?) months to get closer to his reg. form, which has not resulted in much last season. If i was him, i'd pass this season, for his own health first of all.

Gubanova... i doubt she'll go too far in Russia. She had greatly offended (verbally and attitude wise) her coach Buyanova when she was trying to discuss and find a solution to Guba's problems in skating. Guba has been officially kicked out of CSKA club. CSKA is a special club (not like Snow Leopards, Sambo, etc) - CSKA military/army based. To get kicked out has a double negative, fact of getting kicked out, but with a shade of dishonorable discharge.

Most likely we will see Guba in local St. Pete competitions, Russian Cup series, and maybe Nationals.

zigzig

Sorry if this has already been discussed but where is Russian Nationals this year (20/21 season)?

Tinami Amori

Just an FYI - major "verbal food fight" has been taking place between TAT and Irina Rodnina, over "the other's human qualities". Each one claims the "other" has lost her mind, lost reason and are insulting each other publicly.

Given lack of real skating news, the media/journalists drag out each such event to even more negativity, they call others in skating and ask "what do you think about Tarasova-Rodnina hate-fight", and it gets worst.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Just an FYI - major "verbal food fight" has been taking place between TAT and Irina Rodnina, over "the other's human qualities". Each one claims the "other" has lost her mind, lost reason and are insulting each other publicly.

Given lack of real skating news, the media/journalists drag out each such event to even more negativity, they call others in skating and ask "what do you think about Tarasova-Rodnina hate-fight", and it gets worst.
Didn't Tarasova coach Rodnina and partner at some point?

I love how Tarasova is engaging in every single online fight in these dull days of Corona to entertain her crowd.

J

Jeschke

Interview with Elizaveta Khudaberdieva (in English)
I wished there would have been a question about the split with Filatov and the reasons behind!

But who cares, Khuda is queen :D

Ka3sha

Tinami Amori

Alina Zagitova - turns 18 today. Lots of gifts, flowers, designers' jewelry and notes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAUQqVvlMkw/ (Bvulgari!!!! :D)

3T3T

I’m not sure I’d like to see her been coached in Montreal, I don’t see her style fitting in there. She could have gone in to more detail on the Bazin partnership. Impressive that she medalled at all of her JGP’s.

Tinami Amori

Didn't Tarasova coach Rodnina and partner at some point?

I love how Tarasova is engaging in every single online fight in these dull days of ********* to entertain her crowd.
Well... long story, will make it as short as possible.
  • Tarasova's and Rodnina's age difference only 2.5 years apart.
  • But at the same time Tarasova likes to "manage her skaters and their lives" not only to "coach".
  • Once a skater hits TAT's territory - she'll automatically assume she is a manager of his/her life.
  • for example: When Irina had her son with Zaitsev and was being released, Tarasova came to the hospital, took the infant son gave it to the driver to take home to grand-mother and nanny. BUT! then put Irina and Sasha into a taxi, drove them to the rink saying "I've selected some music for your next programme, just want you to stop and listen before you get home."
  • Later TAT bragged how she directed Irina's and Sasha's mind set right back to skating, from just settling down as "new-parents in an average family". She reminded Irina they are first Skaters, and led her to win 2 more Olys and 5 Worlds and 6 Euros, instead of giving up and settling into "common parenthood".
  • just fyi - when Irina lived in Calif., in the 1990's we were good buddies, we shared the same dentist and several mutual friends.
  • i also know TAT personally, mostly through CONFRONTATIONS at the Aeroflot counters when she was flying ex USA to Moscow. She always had all her tickets and services "economy" BUT made stink at the counters insisting on getting a) moved to 1st/Business class, b) her excess luggage flown for FREE, c) access to business lounge and drinks.
  • TAT insisted "I and my father we did so much for the country!!! i deserve it"!
  • Those who get the drift of what i am like in real life, just imagine what i said to her on few occasions. Those were the days of "truth talking"... :)
Back to the story.
  • Tarasova is now 73 and Irina is to be 71 in September this year. But Tarasova still thinks she can manage her and her behavior.
  • Irina went into politics, became a member of Chamber of the Russian Federation, and later elected (legitimately) to Russian Duma (parliament of Russia).

- Some of her activities and support of various proposed legislative actions were questionable to others. TAT was one of the "oppositions", and she (TAT) went on lecturing to and trying to "supervise" Irina's activities in government.

• TAT did not do it just PRIVATELY to Irina's ears. She did it through public statements and media.
  • If not mistaking, TAT's opposition to some of the Russian government policies stated so loudly did not make Kremlin happy (Irina or not), and she was kicked out of "Honorable People of Putin for President/support committee". TAT thinks (assumes) Irina had something to do with it....

- I stopped talking to Irina over her support of the "prohibition of adoption act", and wrote her a private email... not through the press...... and i very well could, since i am in contact with V.V. Posner and Misha Taratuta and few other editors in chief of major publications (the later bunch EIC are my cousins).

- Irina voted for and supported several actions/proposals which some of us "thinking people" found preposterous and degrading to Russia's overall position in the world. But those who knew Irina personally just said this in private, did not go to the press. But TAT had to be in the lime light, disregarded their life-time friendship and to show off how "progressive" she went to the press.

That is how the original "fights" started, and never stopped.

There is more to it... small bit - each one is waiting for another to make amends first, and it is not happening. Irina and Andrey (moiseeva/minenkov) are laughing at these two in private circles, they say "Irina and Tatiana will only be seen together in one space if invited by Irina/Andrey's household, for old holidays. When Irina and Tatiana are even in 1 room, they don't talk to each other but use Irina/Andrey to pass on the messages "tell Tarasova her umbrella fell in the hall-way", or "tell Rodnina the back of her skirt has a stain"..... :D

Now that there is xxxxx xxxxx and not much about skating for the press to digest.... they are "inventing problems" and calling individually to Irina and TAT asking about the conflict (have you resolved your issues? are you taking to each other). The media hypes up both ladies into state of "angry" and then post some of their replies "out of context"..... So now TAT and Irina R. are at it again.

If you want to bother to read this in google translate, here are couple articles on why and how...

«Роднина и Тарасова не должны оскорблять друг друга. На рынке вежливее общаются»
“Rodnina and Tarasova should not insult each other. (Mongers) at a fish market more polite to each other (than these two)".

TAT: "Rodnina is stupid beyond help (she is "dura" - "dura/duro" from latin "dense/obtuse"), i feel sorry for her"

Last edited:

Bellanca

Okay, see, right here ⬆️ This is why people cannot continue to be in lockdown for 19 or more effing months! TAT and Irina verbally b!tch-slapping each other. 🤣😂😆 Ooh, man... this is just too rich! I know, I know, I shouldn't laugh... :2faced: but...

Tinami Amori

I wished there would have been a question about the split with Filatov and the reasons behind!
But who cares, Khuda is queen :D
Nazarov chose to end - reasons? - well stated in last 2 interviews: not enough money, he had to work 2 jobs at night, Khuda was younger and acted as a total "ball buster" and bragged about it, "she is the boss in the partnership. Naza never abused her, but she abused him. he is a nice guy, takes it all, and even works to pay for skating while other girls usually pay for the guy, la-di-da - i am such hot-xxxx girl, men just are happy to be at my disposal."

With Filatov - from the bits here and there - to end was her initiative.
Reasons? only guesses - doubtful that Bazin was a plan initially. But Egor Bazin was at the time in top 5 Dance Team in Russian Seniors (in spite of 7th place at last RN)... People on her IG are commenting to her "you cruelly dumped Filatov after all the promises, and now you're giving him a bunch of fake praises and thank yous".

Khuda (my long observations) is a piece of work. In the same area as Kostornaya when Gleikh called her "sterva". No wonder Khuda is friends with the whole Eteri's gang and super-duper nice to them (Diana D., Alina Z., etc.) but says bitchy things about Kostornaya like "she eats like a pig and stuffs her face with pancakes and sausages and eggs and then some.." (video available)

As to Khuda being a queen, Jeschke, i strongly disagree with you! I care when ANYone is doing something bad to others. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS A QUEEN ON ICE - does not mean she/he can be forgiven for treating others badly.

I don't like Khuda as a person...... she is too calculating, too manipulative, too inclined to use "all is fair in love and war"....... she is constantly scheming, evaluating what does she needs to do or say with this or that person. She believes that "looking good and sexy will get men to do what she wants", and etc... This is SPORTS and only athletic abilities/results/efforts are what should matter.

I feel the same way about Hanna Schygulla in her role of Die Ehe der Maria Braun.

and to end it on a fun note:
Did you see this one on her page with Yalin (Ialin)? with commentary in a form of a famous russian poem about "love" in a famous comedia film about "strangers accidentally falling in love on the new year's eve" (S Legkim Parom). the poem starts "don't leave a loved one for a moment, and if you do part for just a moment, then say goodbye as if forever".
с любимыми не расставайтесь
и каждый раз на век прощайтесь, когда уходите на миг.💜

Last edited:

Rina RUS

If you want to bother to read this in google translate, here are couple articles on why and how...

Oh, Tinami! I wonder: do you bother to read those articles which you recommend? :)
Well, the second one is about Tarasova and Rodnina, at least (if it deserves to be called an article).
As for the first link, this text is much longer, but they talk about... Trusova, Zagitova, Zhuk, about a break which all the skaters have now, about a new school which has nothing to do with Tarasova or Rodnina... In short, the headline has nothing to do with the text. :)

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Oh, Tinami! I wonder: do you bother to read those articles which you recommend? :)
Well, the second one is about Tarasova and Rodnina, at least (if it deserves to be called an article).
As for the first link, this text is much longer, but they talk about... Trusova, Zagitova, Zhuk, about a break which all the skaters have now, about a new school which has nothing to do with Tarasova or Rodnina... In short, the headline has nothing to do with the text. :)
The first part of the first text @Tinami Amori posted, is indeed about Tarasova and Rodnina. The article is an interview with Sergei Shakhrai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information