Sports I usually watch this time of year, but...

Jenny

From the Bloc
They are talking about moving it to November---an Autumnal Masters....hhhmmmm.....

One of the things we most enjoy about watching the Masters is the beautiful course - it's in full spring before we are here. Fall might make for a very pretty course, if it happens of course, and I don't think at this point it will :(

Cachoo

One of the things we most enjoy about watching the Masters is the beautiful course - it's in full spring before we are here. Fall might make for a very pretty course, if it happens of course, and I don't think at this point it will :(
I think it is doable without fans. Golfers and caddies should be able work out ways to maintain distance.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
The NRL suspended their season after Round 2, because it was simply unworkable to continue. Now they are desperately working to get the season back underway on July 1. I am hesitant about this because I do not think this will be over by then, but the code is in financial trouble if they don't and some clubs may not even survive that long.

The coach of last year's premiers (who "beat" my team in extremely controversial circumstances, and who no-one really likes) has been pushing for the points earned in the first two rounds to be scrapped. Of course, his team did not win in either round. Naturally, the fans/coaches/everyone involved with the teams who did (including my team) are outraged and pushing back on the proposal.

The sports channels are replaying old games for now, and doing lots of analysis. On the weekend they rebroadcast the 1989 Grand Final, but with commentary as-though-live from current commentators. It was a lot of fun!

Susan1

Every year they show old Indy 500's the week before the race (NBCSN). This year when there is no new race, they haven't shown any. How stupid. So I've been getting my Indy fix watching The Race All Star Series. It's simulated Indy/Formula One racers and people who only do the simulated racing. I don't know how they do it. They show the cars on the track and camera views from the cars. And various people sitting in their simulators down in the corner. If there is a wreck, the car disappears from the race. I've been talking to it just like I do Indy. And one of the announcers will say something right after I do. There's another one on next Saturday at noon on ESPN.

I did that once in one of those car racing games at Dave and Buster's. And I won against my boyfriend. The seat vibrated and tilted. It doesn't on the t.v. thing. I'd throw up if I tried to do that these days.

Golf people - https://tinyurl.com/ydbtxeja tomorrow, Sunday, 3:00-6:00 TNT
"Golf titans Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are set to partner up with NFL superstars Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in a charity golf match which will raise money for the fight against c-v."

Cachoo

As I do housework I am watching golf and not interested in golf but it is live and Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce are part of this charity tournament and I may not get to see them with a football this year so I’d better enjoy them now. How’s that for a run-on sentence?

Sylvia

TBD
The Japan Sumo Association said Monday it will allow spectators to attend its July grand tournament in Tokyo despite a recent rise in the number of people infected with the novel coronavirus in the Japanese capital.
The association decided at an extraordinary board meeting to admit about 2,500 fans a day into the tournament at Tokyo's Ryogoku Kokugikan, set to open on July 19.
"By conducting antibody tests for members and establishing guidelines (against the virus), we decided we could welcome spectators safely and hold the July tournament," JSA Chairman Hakkaku said in a statement.
The 15-day meet, which was delayed by two weeks from its original schedule, was moved from Nagoya, central Japan, to the capital to limit travel during the pandemic. Many sumo stables are based in Tokyo.

Peaches LaTour

Normally, I would be drooling over the college football season's arrival. Not looking too good in that direction right now.

So, instead, we are catching as many pro-hockey games as we can. 😁

viennese

wrecked
All the Olympic qualifier events. Track and field. Gymnastics. And the Summer Olympics. I planned to take the week off so I could watch my favorite events. Nope. Here I am at home, watching nothing.

Bellanca

All the Olympic qualifier events. Track and field. Gymnastics. And the Summer Olympics.
💯 My thoughts exactly. Until then, time to catch up on whatever needs to be caught up on - or perhaps read a good book, listen to some music, maybe take a nap or two, and, more importantly, have healthy, happy thoughts, etc., etc.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Yippee. The IBU has figured out a way to have a World Cup series this year. The first races are at Kontiolahti starting 28 November. Fingers crossed!

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Will be so weird not to have Fourcade but looking forward to it too. Alpine skiing and ski jumping are also set to resume. Here’s hoping it can be done safely.

Aceon6

Warning to those trying to DVR the biathlon this weekend. Because they’re staying in Kontiolahti, the listings are very confused and my TiVo thinks Thursday’s sprints are repeats of last Sunday’s. Best to double check.

Aceon6

Well, well, well. The French are back! Men’s biathlon so far has been very exciting. 4 different Norwegians, 3 young winners, and today, QFM wins.

Aceon6

I’m having a hard time finding next week’s biathlon on NBCSN or Peacock. I hope it’s just a schedule lag, but am preparing myself for needing the French stream.

Aceon6

All is well. NBC was late with the schedule updates, but all of the World Champs are listed now, Alpine will be on NBCSN and biathlon will be on Oly Chan. Waiting for them to post Nordic which doesn’t start until late this month.

Aceon6

Embarrassment of riches for the next couple of weeks
  • NCAA women’s gym regionals
  • the Augusta National women’s amateur
  • Drive Chip and Putt finals at Augusta
  • the Masters
  • Paris Roubais cycling
  • World Team Trophy
  • and baseball, LOTS of baseball

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information