Best exhibition ever?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
When I first saw this it brought me to tears :)

Tara Lipinski - The Color of Roses

This healed my bitter disappointment that Kwan did not win the 1998 Olympic Gold Medal. Tara, after all, had her dreams as well.

Thank you so much for that link. Tara was absolutely brilliant. Her arms and hands were liquid. Her expression of the music hauntingly beautiful.

gotoschool

I love Mao's exhibition like Ballade, Cello Suite and Jupiter which have already been mentioned, I also love Mao's Scent of a Woman and Caprice Exhibition with a more upbeat salsa and tango feel.

Scent of a Woman:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97iu9hl9MX8

Caprice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41mdvXnGiSE

I also really enjoy Victor Petrenko's Twist

and Kurt Browning's Clown routine

Triple loop

There are many exhibitions that I have enjoyed for many years. Midori Ito’s Singing in the Rain performance at the 1992 Olympics was so charming. Kerrigan and Wylie’s interpretation of Miss Saigon music was wonderful. Finally, I love every exhibition that Michelle and Mao has done. The elegance, emotion, line, and heart are all there. I wish they were their short programs. Once again, I miss both of them so much. So classy. 😀

Finnice

I rarely watch galas, but for me this is one of the best

Mishkutenok/Dmitriev 1994 Olympics Gala

Oh my, that is just lovely! How I have forgotten how much I loved Arthur! An incredible man, built like an ice hockey player but so flexible and expressive! An Nathalia is great as well. Thank you, @Braulio !

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I rarely watch galas, but for me this is one of the best

Mishkutenok/Dmitriev 1994 Olympics Gala

I mentioned it in my post but that was many posts earlier. When they skated this in a pro competition they were criticized - I am not sure why. This is one of my favorite M&D numbers. They skated it beautifully at the 94 Olympics.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I loved G&G’s 1988 Olympics exhibition. They skated three numbers - Libestraum, Katoosha, And the third routine was the second half of their LP. Lovely, lyrical, perfect as always.

Hanna

Skating junkie
I don't watch a lot of galas but Kostner's Clair de Lune from Helsinki Worlds. :swoon:

Also Hanyu's number to The Final Time Traveler has stayed with me. But it might just be the haunting music.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
What was Lipinski's final exhibition? I can't remember the song...

muffinplus

Spun Silver

I also liked any exhibition with Kurt Browning and Tara Lipiniski together. Seriously, an underrated pair!

Wow, that's spectacular. I had no idea. I can't remember any pairing of single skaters with that kind of chemistry (despite the billion-year age difference ... hopefully the chemistry stayed on the ice).

AduCarr

Right on! The chemistry is undeniable and despite the age difference, the program gives zero creepy vibes.

And I know that it is quite common to diminish Tara as a flash in the pan. But she was such a one in a million talent ... IMO, it’s a pity that we all (figure skating fans) have been deprived of the chance to enjoy a mature and still active Tara Lipinski.

Her lines improved tremendously and her skating skills too. Add that to her super sonic speed in improving from season to season, and we could have had a rivalry for the ages between Michelle and Tara (+ Sasha, Irina...)...

Wow, that's spectacular. I had no idea. I can't remember any pairing of single skaters with that kind of chemistry (despite the billion-year age difference ... hopefully the chemistry stayed on the ice).

nguyhm

I have to admit that my guilty pleasure right now is Mariah's this year's exhibition to the music of "A Star is Born" (I know I'm cheesy :slinkaway but she just skates it with so much freedom - it's hard not to like it)

Bigbird

The ones that come to mind immediately, O - the Shibsibs, anything by Oksana Baiul, Hold Your Hand Virtue and Moir, P/C - EC 2020 Ex.

EDIT: Jack and Dianne - V/M

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information