Best exhibition ever?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Tarasova Morozov’s tribute to Denis Ten (Russian nationals 2020)

I am without a computer. Can someone please post the link? It is beautiful.

Berezhnaya Sikharulidze’s ‘Meditation from Thais’ at S&P’s 2002 Olympics celebration in Canada.

Klimova Ponomarenko’s Tango (1988 Oly)

Last edited:

bardtoob

Javier Fernandez - Danny Boy

When I first saw this it brought me to tears :)

Tara Lipinski - The Color of Roses

This healed my bitter disappointment that Kwan did not win the 1998 Olympic Gold Medal. Tara, after all, had her dreams as well.

Michelle Kwan - East of Eden (1996)

How can a 15 year old know to rush nothing?

Michelle Kwan - Fields of Gold

I've never promises lightly. There have been some I have broken.

Last edited:

Japanfan

For me, Phillip Candeloro's 'Rocky', 1994. I forget the actual performance TBH but will never forget him racing down the stands wrapped in the American flag and jumping over the boards.

The men's comp of '94 was part of my motivation to become a FS fan - though it didn't occur seriously until about four years later.

Limonite

I love Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze's "The Kid" peformance at the SLC Olympics exhibitions; that throw triple salchow was a great one. After the pairs competition fiasco, hearing the crowd cheer laudly for Elena & Anton at the end always puts a smile on my face.
Berezhnaya Sikharulidze’s ‘Meditation from Thais’ at S&P’s 2002 Olympics celebration in Canada.
I've never seen it so if someone has a link for this, I will really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I love Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze's "The Kid" peformance at the SLC Olympics exhibitions; that throw triple salchow was a great one. After the pairs competition fiasco, hearing the crowd cheer laudly for Elena & Anton at the end always puts a smile on my face.

I've never seen it so if someone has a link for this, I will really appreciate it.

I have it on VHS but I don’t know how to put it on you tube.

The crowd was very appreciative of Elena Anton, and They looked very emotional when they thanked the Canadian audience.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Berezhnaya Sikharulidze - Worlds 98 Ex - (one of my all time favorites)

Elegie

B&S 1998 Olympics Exhibition-

Barcelona

Totmianina Marinin - Color of the night (2006)- Not worlds or Olympics

Michelle Kwan - Red Violin 1999 worlds Ex (later her LP)

Last edited:

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard

I have it on VHS but I don’t know how to put it on you tube.

The crowd was very appreciative of Elena Anton, and They looked very emotional when they thanked the Canadian audience.

Is this what you wanted? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qWIQhqC-xs

paskatefan

Let me add Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov's "Fallen Angels" program with Johnny Weir. They did it originally @ a Marshalls' US Figure Skating Exhibition show (shortly after that year's Nationals, circa 2004/2005?). It was so well well received, they were invited to perform it on the COI tour.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
No... the video I want to see is B&S skating to Meditation From Thais at the Sale & Pelletier Olympic Homecoming event that took place about a month later from the 2002 Olympics. But thank you for sharing the link to B&S' The Kid exhibition.

I searched for it yesterday on yt but couldn’t find it. If any one knows how to transfer from a VHS tape to you tube, please let me know. I longer have a VHS except for one built into an old TV. I tried to get some old FS on VHS copied to DVD at Costco but they refused to copy copyrighted materials.

tafattsbarn

Also -- Yuzu's Notte Stellata in Pyeongchang takes my breath away:

I also thinkhis Notte Stellata from CoR 2017 is just magical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5n-xRPyDR4

Other than that Yuzuru's ex at 2016 Worlds has always been delicate and emotional (his rendition at jnats is also very emotionally vulnerable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information