Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
But you're not an uber Meghan Markle fan or anything. :shuffle:

:lol: A slow news day on the royal front. I'm not the biggest Meghan uber, that's for freakin' sure. You have no idea truthfully. I check news about her and other British royals regularly and I share some tidbits here. There are OTT Duchess Meghan crazies though on all sides, even some truth-telling podcasters who vociferously support Meghan & Harry, one of whom positions herself as 'King Archie's' Auntie.' Another uber fan has a Twitter handle along the lines of 'Au Pair to Baby Sussex,' or maybe it's retitled 'Archie's Au Pair' by now. :D

In contrast, I'm fairly thoughtful, modestly reasonable, fairminded and objective. But I have no qualms about being termed a big admirer of Meghan. I most definitely am. Still, I'm not her biggest uber. There are plenty of others around the world eagerly waving that banner. In fact, stampeding in their rush to proudly and enthusiastically wave and tirelessly support the Duchess of Sussex.

Anyhoo, the fact this L.A. house that Meghan barely lived in is being promoted as her former digs and sold for mucho dinero tells us what we should already know by now... :COP: The Meghan Effect is very much alive and kickin', ever increasingly so

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
Aww, look at George and Charlotte watching the King's Cup:

Their parents were also there ;)

mag

I know Queen Letizia has a fashion fan club and, while I like some of her choices, I can’t seem to get past how tense she looks. You can see it in her neck. Like she is always on guard and never relaxed when bring photographed.

MsZem

I see the sea
Kate's team finished last in the King's Cup, and she was presented with a wooden spoon (to hit William if he makes fun of her for it?)

She always seems so happy doing sporty and outdoorsy stuff :)

I know Queen Letizia has a fashion fan club and, while I like some of her choices, I can’t seem to get past how tense she looks. You can see it in her neck. Like she is always on guard and never relaxed when bring photographed.
Letizia looks like that in pictures from her former career as a TV journalist, too. I guess that's just how she photographs.

Anyway, count me in as a member of the Queen Letizia fashion fan club. She does a great job of dressing for the occasion and mixing designer outfits with everyday, affordable stuff.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Kate's team finished last in the King's Cup, and she was presented with a wooden spoon (to hit William if he makes fun of her for it?)

That's a great photo spread, thanks for sharing! William and Kate look happiest on these occasions I think - I guess when they are being sporty like that there's no room for all the royal protocols and maybe they can just be themselves with other people who share their interests. They always seem so playful with each other at moments like this too, just natural and without posing for the cameras.

I really hope they are as happy together all the time as they seem to be on days like that.

mag

IMHO this wins best royalty video of the year.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Love! Assuming for a moment it's real (you never know these days), the best part is Kate's reaction.

Agree @puglover, with so much horror in the world, these little moments of joy are so important.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
IMHO this wins best royalty video of the year.

That kid is a pistol!

Vagabond

:rolleyes:

Sporting culture

In some regions, particularly British-influenced ones of the Commonwealth and the United States, the "wooden spoon" is a booby prize for the team or individual finishing a competition in last position.

Some people around here have apparently never been to a sports day. :(

Lorac

I love how Kate took coming last in good part and how William was teasing her - they looked so happy and carefree whilst raising money and awareness for several charities they support.

And my Mom also joked about how Kate should whack William with the wooden spoon for making fun of her for coming last :D

Jenny

From the Bloc
I'm recalling the time, in New Zealand?, when they were playing cricket as part of some appearance and he hit a bit too hard and she wagged her finger at him, like "naughty naughty" - it was adorable.

mag

I'm recalling the time, in New Zealand?, when they were playing cricket as part of some appearance and he hit a bit too hard and she wagged her finger at him, like "naughty naughty" - it was adorable.

Or was that in India? I think Kate was wearing a long cotton dress, green maybe?

canbelto

I'm just really, really relieved Kate wasn't wearing pantyhose with her sneakers yesterday. Every other time she's worn sneakers she wears pantyhose with them, which is a really odd look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information