Canadian Pairs 2019/2020 Season News and Updates

RoseRed

I wonder who else will go. Anyone think it might be B&B?
I'm wondering that based on the Patinage Quebec teams, but I don't actually know the criteria. Would we expect B/B to be on at least the B team? If so, I'd guess they're moving to Oakville and aren't representing Quebec anymore or something.

Could someone post the link to the B team? I haven't been able to find it on the website.

Sk8mom123

I'm wondering that based on the Patinage Quebec teams, but I don't actually know the criteria. Would we expect B/B to be on at least the B team? If so, I'd guess they're moving to Oakville and aren't representing Quebec anymore or something.

Could someone post the link to the B team? I haven't been able to find it on the website.
All of the teams are listed on this link. https://patinage.qc.ca/developpement/

Erin

Banned Member

Even if they move to Oakville, that doesn't mean they would stop representing Quebec. Joseph Phan moved but continues to represent Quebec. Quebec generally has better funding for its skaters than Ontario, so most skaters with any connection to Quebec represent Quebec.

RoseRed

Even if they move to Oakville, that doesn't mean they would stop representing Quebec. Joseph Phan moved but continues to represent Quebec. Quebec generally has better funding for its skaters than Ontario, so most skaters with any connection to Quebec represent Quebec.
I know that. But this discussion came from the fact that they aren't on the Patinage Quebec team for this coming season, though from what I saw I would expect them to likely be on the B team at least. And clearly they are still together competing, since they are registered for a summer comp.

barbarafan

I know that. But this discussion came from the fact that they aren't on the Patinage Quebec team for this coming season, though from what I saw I would expect them to likely be on the B team at least. And clearly they are still together competing, since they are registered for a summer comp.
I found last yrs list which is good until July 1st 2019 of Quebec skaters .
On it Justine is listed as Releve which is supposed to mean relief team (if I am getting correct translation)
and Mark is listed as Extérieur which could be taken as foreign.

barbarafan

Choinard must have grown quite a bit over the past couple of seasons then.
She did. She was a tiny girl and young when they started skating.She is still very slender but long. He does not seem to be tall. I think they did a wonderful job of real hard work and dedication and addressed any weaknesses. I really liked watching them and I am sorry they have reached their ceiling.

Catherine M

What a sweet message by Mathieu Ostiguy. It is a shame that their partnership is ending due to something they can't control, how tall each are but hopefully both will continue on as competitors as pairs skating needs then, especially Chloe as she's has great sbs triple jumps including the loop and flip.

aftershocks

Banned Member
She did. She was a tiny girl and young when they started skating.She is still very slender but long. He does not seem to be tall. I think they did a wonderful job of real hard work and dedication and addressed any weaknesses. I really liked watching them and I am sorry they have reached their ceiling.

Ah, I suspected as much when I viewed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvP5MpdkqW8

They look really nice together, but it's easy to see the possibility of Choinard continuing to grow with her long arms and legs and her youthfulness. Plus, it's obvious that Mathieu has a compact build, and if he's reached his full height, it would become harder for them to match well and be viably competitive as a pair.

I'm reminded the same thing happened to U.S. pairs, Olivia Oltmanns and Joshua Santillan:
They were delightful, but Olivia had been shorter when they first paired. Similarly to Choinard, Olivia continued growing with long arms and legs, while Josh has a more compact build and he didn't continue growing. In this video, the height issue has become noticeably more difficult, despite the lovely qualities they display together. They held out for awhile, competing juniors for four seasons and placing 11th at senior Nationals in 2015 before calling it quits. They started out together as novices in 2009-2010. Olivia ultimately left the sport, while Josh found his current partner, Jessica Pfund. Olivia somewhat resembles Ashley Cain physically and stylistically. She needed a tall partner in order to continue. Other pursuits beckoned and she moved on.

Moustaffask8r

Releve means Next Gen
This has nothing to do with it. Those are two completely different listing. The one you are refering to is governement related. Like for school purposes, to join Sport Etude, your name has to be on that list or when you are listed as elite you received, or parents receive income tax credit.

ChiquitaBanana

This has nothing to do with it. Those are two completely different listing. The one you are refering to is governement related. Like for school purposes, to join Sport Etude, your name has to be on that list or when you are listed as elite you received, or parents receive income tax credit.

I guess the poster replied to the personnwhi thought releve meant relief team. Literally, releve is next gen although no necessairly on SC next gen team...

barbarafan

12 pairs are registered in junior at the Minto Summer Skate and at first glance, it's a "Young" crowd! Will be interesting!

8 pairs in Senior, including Lubov and Charlie!
Wow...they were going to debut at summer skate but they must feel they are ready earlier....Unless it has to do with getting an international event? I am wondering why they are listed as Ontario? Lubov's club is listed as St.Leonard so if they were skating for Ontario wouldn't it be TCC. Besides Quebec seems to be better to their skaters.

googooeyes

Wow...they were going to debut at summer skate but they must feel they are ready earlier....Unless it has to do with getting an international event? I am wondering why they are listed as Ontario? Lubov's club is listed as St.Leonard so if they were skating for Ontario wouldn't it be TCC. Besides Quebec seems to be better to their skaters.
Where is the main entry page link? Glad it's finally out.

Moustaffask8r

Change of Club is done on July 31st, if you want to change before that I believe there is a fee and paper to fill out. Probably Club will change after that date...

kirkbiggestfan

What a sweet message by Mathieu Ostiguy. It is a shame that their partnership is ending due to something they can't control, how tall each are but hopefully both will continue on as competitors as pairs skating needs then, especially Chloe as she's has great sbs triple jumps including the loop and flip.
Mathieu's girlfriend happens to be a short pair skater..an olympian with great jumps, right?

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Was the surgery unexpected or planned, and what's the prognosis for Purich coming back soon to train and compete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information