2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

LoopCombo

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva:
LP: choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne (it was mentioned earlier that her SP was choreographed by Ilya Averbukh)

I’m excited for Liza’s programs regardless of what she does because I love her — but how great for her to work with Shae-Lynn and try something fresh! I’m also looking forward to her outfit. Do we really think she’ll bring back the patented Tuktik mumu, as @Jeschke hopes?!

Tinami Amori

Re - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: LP: choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

I am not a fan of SLB's choreo for women in general, she tends to make them too cute, too girly and flirty for my taste.
But with a piece from Florence and the Machine’s "Drumming Song" it's hard to spoil it with "cute girliness".. :D and for this music i don't see "a mumu dress".. i see "leaaaaather"..

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Looks like Lucrezia Beccari is skating to Moonlight Sonata, choreographed by Misha Ge. Not sure whether it's her short or long program, though.

Marco

I’m excited for Liza’s programs regardless of what she does because I love her — but how great for her to work with Shae-Lynn and try something fresh! I’m also looking forward to her outfit. Do we really think she’ll bring back the patented Tuktik mumu, as @Jeschke hopes?!

She needs to stick with the choreographyyy!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Re - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: LP: choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

I am not a fan of SLB's choreo for women in general, she tends to make them too cute, too girly and flirty for my taste.
But with a piece from Florence and the Machine’s "Drumming Song" it's hard to spoil it with "cute girliness".. :D and for this music i don't see "a mumu dress".. i see "leaaaaather"..
I think Liza's exhibition last season moved her way past the cute and girly stage of female development and well into sensuous woman

Last edited:

lauravvv

Is Wakaba Higuchi's 'Skyfall' FS and her last season's FS your idea of "too cute and girly"? Okay, I can understand why you would think that looking at Radionova's SP choreographed by Bourne and also Kiira Korpi's programs (which was Korpi's style in general and suited her), but who else? Ashley Wagner's programs by Bourne were indeed flirty, which also suited her very well, but "cute and girly"? No - at least in my opinion.

Japanfan

Don't you wish that at least one American pair had the curse of classic yet lifelessly boring Russian technique... Because they sure ain't doing well, they sure ain't.. :smokin:

No. If medals are the goal, I'd say yes. But I want to see skaters with their own distinct style. There have been so many boring Russian cookie-cutter pairs. For me, Tot/Mar are an example. Their unison was a thing to behold, but watching them was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Bigbird

He can probably be very charming when he wants to be. I actually think this will be great for them. I think he has the charisma to pull it off.

This will be so campy and hilarious I cannot wait. Can't you see the cheesy smiling and umbrella moves and the tap dancing? I so wonder what Gabbi and Gui will be doing now :)

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
He'll be able to recycle the suit from this year's tango. Just need a white shirt and a tie. He will be all out on this one with the bright smile and the winks to the judges, maybe even a pointing finger.

Bigbird

He'll be able to recycle the suit from this year's tango. Just need a white shirt and a tie. He will be all out on this one with the bright smile and the winks to the judges, maybe even a pointing finger.

In his element. LOL. I wonder what Maddie and Evan will do?

clairecloutier

Rika Kihira LP theme: "International Angel of Peace" :saint:
Choreo: Tom Dickson
Music: A mix of cuts, as yet unspecified

Also, this FS Gossips article translation has more on Zabijako/Enbert's new SP. The theme is "something like the Snow Queen, a fantastic confrontation." Choreo by Sergei Komolov (who choreographed most of Astakhova/Rogonov's programs).

Enbert also declares that last year's LP "is really very cool, the best that we had." :rofl:

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
This will be so campy and hilarious I cannot wait. Can't you see the cheesy smiling and umbrella moves and the tap dancing? I so wonder what Gabbi and Gui will be doing now :)

Shades of Oksana Baiul and her "Broadway" LP just cheesing away in the pink poufy outfit. :eek::scream:

Amy L

Also, this FS Gossips article translation has more on Zabijako/Enbert's new SP. T

Enbert also declares that last year's LP "is really very cool, the best that we had." :rofl:

It is the best LP they ever had. Whether it's actually good or not is open for discussion. :lol:

Dobre

I believe senior dancers need all their RD music to come from a musical or operetta this season. Junior dance teams can mix with something not from a musical/operetta if it meets the prescribed rhythm for the Teatime Foxtrot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information