Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
I think those of us that sent emails asking questions got emails back today regarding the ticket sale. I received two because I sent in two emails. It's my understanding that we are just being informed/reminded that we should visit the Montreal 2020 site when the the ticket sale notice comes out, and not go straight to Ticketmaster (which they're not using).

WanderlustTO

I thought long and hard about it but decided not to go. On the one hand I was really energized to go - it's in Canada and I'd love an excuse to spend a few days in MTL. On the flip side, I'm planning to go to Morocco for two weeks in Oct & the cost of the tics, hotel, flight, expenses to MTL isn't all that much less expensive than the Morocco trip I'm planning (I'll use points for the flight to Morocco).

mocha-ice

I just got an email from Skate Canada that tickets will go on sale next week but not through TicketMaster. They referred me to the montreal2020 website but I didn’t see anything new there.
Actually I got the email twice.

They will probably go on sale through evenko. Most events in Montreal/Bell Centre go through evenko as opposed to ticketmaster.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
They will probably go on sale through evenko. Most events in Montreal/Bell Centre go through evenko as opposed to ticketmaster.

It looks like Evenko lets you pick a section but not specific seats, so that's a little concerning (and goes against what the LOC promised in an earlier email response to an inquiry).

muffinplus

I just got an email from Skate Canada that tickets will go on sale next week but not through TicketMaster. They referred me to the montreal2020 website but I didn’t see anything new there.
Actually I got the email twice.

Didn't get any email...

SandraMGfan

Until now we do not know the ticket agency yet; please visit the World's website for ticket sales once they open May 31.

I asked if they’ll be accepting Amex and got this strange answer! They could just have said to check on the reseller website but why say they don’t know where the tix go on sale 6 days before it’s supposed to start? 🤔

Last edited:

jkl

My American Express card does not charge a foreign transaction fee so I truly hope that they do accept AE.

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
The rep from Montreal 2020 told me I’m on the mailing list but I’ve never received an email. I thought perhaps it was because I’m in the US.

For those that that did not receive an email: did you send in any emails asking questions to [email protected]?

I sent in two separate emails after the ticket info came out on April 25th. Then this last week I received two identical emails about the ticket sale, just like jkl stated above.

ETA: It is my assumption that they only sent updates to people who asked questions, so there's probably no reason to worry. I signed up with my work email as well, but haven't gotten an email on that account. Only my personal one that I used to contact them directly received the messages.

Last edited:

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I just checked and the last email I received that wasn't a direct response to a question I asked was on April 25. So for anyone who registered with Skate Canada after that, there may not have been any emails.

Carolla5501

As much as I love attending world's and nationals, I cannot justify spending $7000-$10,000 for a single vacation. Airfare, hotels, food, transportation, tickets and other entertainment dollars do equal that much for me. I've done the math several times over. I did it for Boston, I've done it for Nationals. It's not the event tickets themselves that breaks the bank, it's the associated travel/living expenses.

If I'm going to spend that much money it needs to be a travel experience for both my husband and me. And skating is my passion not his.

GP events are more my vacation dollars output style these days. Where costs run $1200-2200, depending on airfare and hotel prices.

I absolutely need to factor in airfare, hotels, food and transportation costs into any skating travel plans prior to making ticket purchase.

I agree. I could go to Montreal or to Europe for 2 weeks. Guess which won.

I’m doing US Nationals but Greensboro is a driveable city from where I live and I’m at a pretty cheap hotel for just 4 nights

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Presale starts May 29 at 10am EST

Yes - I just received the e-mail and it includes a link for purchase for the exclusive pre-sale from May 29, 2019 at 10 am ET through May 30, 2019 at 10 pm ET

NOTE - it says: To purchase wheelchair and accessible seating (no or minimal stairs), please call 1-855-310-2525.

honey

Sigh...I did not receive any email with a pre sale link and am now slightly annoyed by this. I know I am on the mailing list and have been for some time (I have emails from March and April saved). I guess I will email them and ask?

euterpe

I'm in the US and I didn't get any email. I signed up twice to be safe, once a couple of months ago.

I used a previous email response to ask why I wasn't notified of the presale.

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
I'm also in Canada and didn't get the email and I know I'm on the list because they sent me a couple of emails already about the countdown to ticket sales, plus I sent in a question.

Maybe they are only sending out so many emails per day?

Winnipeg

Would have loved to go but I think the tickets are too costly (I would only go if I could get really good seats).

honey

Just got the email with the pre sale link! Not sure if my email asking why I didn’t get the link worked or if they just didn’t send out all the emails at the same time.

SandraMGfan

Here is the answer I got when I mentioned I didn’t receive the email:

Thank you for your interest in purchasing 2020 World tickets.
It can take up to 24 hours for the email blast to reach everyone on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information