The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
With the WD of C/B from the Helsinki GP, one possible spot for the GPF has opened up.
After some of the challenger series events and before the start of the GP, my guess is that the final might look like P/C, H/D, S/B, G/P and then, also depending on injuries, two of Z/G, H/B, G/F, S/K. My bet is G/F will make it.

C

casken

Sk Canada and GP France are the 2 deepest ice dance fields. Too bad G&P and SinKats are unlucky to get those 2 assignments. I could see S&K miss out despite out-scoring others like G&F and Z&G, who will likely go to GPF due to weaker competition.

Yes, G&P and S&K will most likely be fighting eachother for 2nd at their events, although an upset of H&D in Canada by either, or both teams, should not be out of the question. As it stands though, it looks like G&F have a clearer road to the final than either of those teams do.

Other than P&C, NHK is crazy wide open.

Bigbird

This entire season is wide open. It's time for the second tier teams to step it up. Promising to be a very interesting season.

Ka3sha

To have kept this a secret for so long, respect. What show(s) are they preparing for? Does this finally confirm that Katya is expecting?
They are preparing for two Navka’s shows planned for this autumn and winter.

As for Ekaterina - I don’t think that confirmation is really needed. Most of Russian-speaking figure skating fans have known about it for a pretty long time.
Congratulations to her & Andrei Deputat :)

Dobre

Drawing the same two events for Gilles & Poirier and Sinitsina & Katsalapov is, for sure, a tough draw for both teams; but Chock & Bates's withdrawal from Finland doesn't really change much for them. Removes one team from the race and gives Guignard & Fabbri a better shot at pulling two silvers. But at least one of G&F or Zagorski & Guerreiro will most likely have third or below at SA. Double silver and/or higher is going to be really hard for more than 5 teams to nab. (Even if Chock & Bates pull out of Rostelecom or if Hawayek & Baker don't make it back for an event or two). Think there's a good chance of someone getting into the Final with a silver & bronze; but the number of teams with the plausible potential to get silver/bronze is a pretty long list. Especially if we have more withdrawals. If G&P and S&K split results, they could both get in.

RoseRed

Drawing the same two events for Gilles & Poirier and Sinitsina & Katsalapov is, for sure, a tough draw for both teams; but Chock & Bates's withdrawal from Finland doesn't really change much for them. Removes one team from the race and gives Guignard & Fabbri a better shot at pulling two silvers. But at least one of G&F or Zagorski & Guerreiro will most likely have third or below at SA. Double silver and/or higher is going to be really hard for more than 5 teams to nab. (Even if Chock & Bates pull out of Rostelecom or if Hawayek & Baker don't make it back for an event or two). Think there's a good chance of someone getting into the Final with a silver & bronze; but the number of teams with the plausible potential to get silver/bronze is a pretty long list. Especially if we have more withdrawals. If G&P and S&K split results, they could both get in.
And going by the CS scores, those teams might have a good chance at winning tiebreaks if necessary.

mysticchic

What I think is
HD (15 15) SA SC
French (15 15) NHK France
ita (13 13) SA Finland
Bukin (15 15) Russia Finland
GP (13 13) SC France
then it could be between Zagorski & Guerreiro (second or third at SA), Viknik
HB won't be able to get 2nd in France. I have them 3rd at NHK, 4th at France.
ZG 3rd at SA and 2nd at NHK
Viknik 3rd at France 3rd at SC

Last edited:

Dobre

CP 2nd Finland 3rd in Russia

You have Guignard & Fabbri already in second in Finland;).

I think C&P can get third in Russia, especially if Chock & Bates pull out. Think Hurtado & Khaliavin can defeat them; but could certainly depend on the performance on the day. The Rostelecom field isn't very deep. But the field in Finland is stacked. Lots of young talent--Hurtado & Khaliavin, McNamara & Carpenter, Popova & Mozgov, Carreira & Ponomarenko. All in addition to the seeded teams of Guignard & Fabbri and Stepanova & Bukin. Just numbers-wise, that's a field. Bronze should be a battle there. If C&B pull out of Russia, there's a silver available there; but you will have had to survive that battle in Finland first in order for it to matter. (And still . . . 2nd & 3rd will probably land you in a tie-breaker).

Last edited:

mysticchic

You have Guignard & Fabbri already in second in Finland;).

I think C&P can get third in Russia, especially if Chock & Bates pull out. Think Hurtado & Khaliavin can defeat them; but could certainly depend on the performance on the day. The Rostelecom field isn't very deep. But the field in Finland is stacked. Lots of young talent--Hurtado & Khaliavin, McNamara & Carpenter, Popova & Mozgov, Carreira & Ponomarenko. All in addition to the seeded teams of Guignard & Fabbri and Stepanova & Bukin. Just numbers-wise, that's a field. Bronze should be a battle there. If C&B pull out of Russia, there's a silver available there; but you will have had to survive that battle in Finland first in order for it to matter. (And still . . . 2nd & 3rd will probably land you in a tie-breaker).
They could get 2nd but most likely 3rd. That's why it would be a surprise..Then again I get last place on predictions the 1st contest this year, LOL

Dobre

They could get 2nd but most likely 3rd. That's why it would be a surprise..Then again I get last place on predictions the 1st contest this year, LOL

But not second in Finland at the same time as Guignard & Fabbri getting second in Finland.

mysticchic

But not second in Finland at the same time as Guignard & Fabbri getting second in Finland.
LOL, you got me there. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change it. But when Igor is involved stranger things could happen. As I said it's an outside chance. I think it will be either Viknik or Tiff and Jon for the last spot. Come down to points (Tiff and Jon could get in if they got 2nd at SA).

IloveFS

What I think is
HD (15 15) SA SC
French (15 15) NHK France
ita (13 13) SA Finland
Bukin (15 15) Russia Finland
GP (13 13) SC France
then it could be between Zagorski & Guerreiro (second or third at SA), Viknik
HB won't be able to get 2nd in France. I have them 3rd at NHK, 4th at France.
ZG 3rd at SA and 2nd at NHK
Viknik 3rd at France 3rd at SC

I wouldn't count anyone in or out just yet. I think certain teams will have a natural flair for the tango (i.e. Gilles and Poirer) that could make them more competitive among the very top teams in the world. Not to point fingers at any one particular team, I think some of the teams amongst the very best in the world will struggle with the tango because they are more lyrical skaters.. No hate please, just an opinion!

Peepsquick

I wouldn't count anyone in or out just yet. I think certain teams will have a natural flair for the tango (i.e. Gilles and Poirer) that could make them more competitive among the very top teams in the world. Not to point fingers at any one particular team, I think some of the teams amongst the very best in the world will struggle with the tango because they are more lyrical skaters.. No hate please, just an opinion!

Now just wait and see! I think they will be awesome at it!:encore::rockstar:;)

skatingguy

decently
I would love it if G&F made the GPF this year.
That certainly seems like a real possibility given the withdrawals and the fields at their respective events. It would really be remarkable considering how terrible they were when the first teamed up many years ago. If there were awards for most improved dance team over the past five years they would definitely be the winners.

mysticchic

I actually picked them for the finals.

Ka3sha

Angelique Abachkina is retiring
Unfortunately i have to say that I’m stopping my career as figure skater.... I had a great opportunity to skate with Pavel Drozd and develop myself as an athlete and go further in my career but unfortunately the federations couldn’t agree and couldn’t give me freedom to follow my dream. So I have decided to continue my studies rather than skate for pleasure without accomplishing any goals at the end. I want to thank everybody for the support that was given, for the messages sent before and after competitions
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKCnFzBfQz/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=141r38lyxq3t6

starrynight

It's a shame for fans of the sport when Federation squabbles result in skaters' careers ending.

I get that it's a lot for federations to let skaters go. But it's a shame when there's no available partners of a comparable standard for a skater in their own country and they are forced to retire.

A lot of great partnerships have come from dancers or pairs changing countries. Skating is also a very global sport so for many of us (unless you're from one of the big 3 skating nations I guess), the flag that a team skates under doesn't really matter a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information