From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

feraina

The 2A kinda stood out - what a slacker. ;) I suppose that’s going to turn into a 3A soon.

Where would she put the 4s if she wanted to add it?

D

Deleted member 40371

Wait. I thought repeating a quad wasn’t allowed anymore? Or maybe it doesn’t apply to juniors?? Or have I gone crazy and totally misremembered the rule changes?
You can repeat one quad, I thought that was the compromise..

ETA: explained already .

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Thank you :)

Although I thought, maybe kwanfan or someone else can confirm, that only competing (or at least showing up and participating in the draw) in a JGP prevented an athlete from competing in the senior GP, not merely being listed in the initial entries. I remember Biryukova initially being entered in the JGP and then being switched to seniors but this was a long time ago so the rules could have changed since then.
The only explicit rule in either Announcement is that a skater can't participate in both JGP and GP in the same season. Since GP initial assignments come first, if a skater is later entered into JGP by their Fed, the ISU may require (ie "require") that the GP spot be turned back in at the same time, so that there can be alternate assigned. The ISU may require a decision to skate JGP instead of the assigned GP event(s) be made by the GP confirmation deadline, which, this season, is August 15.

hanca

Values her privacy
Is there a rule that in the FS there must be at least one axel, or is it up to the skater? If it is allowed Trusova could get rid of the 2A and put there another quad.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If she's clean, and the height on her jumps would indicate she most likely will be, none of the other skaters can touch her this season. Again. She's not squeaking those jumps out.

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
If she's clean, and the height on her jumps would indicate she most likely will be, none of the other skaters can touch her this season. Again. She's not squeaking those jumps out.

I am so impressed with her. HOWEVER, with all this firepower in my opinion there is no program here. She is a great performer too but I saw very little of a performance. Her spins seem worse too. I know, I am being nitpicky, but Shcherbakova has an impressively choreographed program that should score much more on the second mark. But it is just the start of the season. What an impressive start she is off to!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I am so impressed with her. HOWEVER, with all this firepower in my opinion there is no program here. She is a great performer too but I saw very little of a performance. Her spins seem worse too. I know, I am being nitpicky, but Shcherbakova has an impressively choreographed program that should score much more on the second mark. But it is just the start of the season. What an impressive start she is off to!
I'd be extremely surprised if Shcherbakova's 2nd mark was sufficient to outscore the overall point value Trusova will earn and in the end, that's what matters.

flyingsit

I am so impressed with her. HOWEVER, with all this firepower in my opinion there is no program here. She is a great performer too but I saw very little of a performance.
Agreed. And it will get PCS above 8 even though there is zero performance/interpretation/musicality. It looks as though the program was choreographed first and then music picked pretty much at random.

hanca

Values her privacy
New(?) junior ice dance team listed as one of Russia's JGP alternates: Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN
I wonder if she has outgrown her previous partner, or what happened. Varlamov has done ice dance longer than Smolkin, so if we go according to their results on the paper, she downgraded. Smolkin has done only two competitions as an ice dancer and his best score is 110. That doesn’t look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information