The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittysk8ts

I did not know (or forgot) about the 2 arms length rule. I rewatched V/M's twizzles from their Olympic FD, and, from the angle at which they showed it, it seems that they were close enough during the first two sets, but may have drifted a bit too far apart during the third set. So, if it's in the rule (or if you interpret it to be) that skaters being further apart than 2 arms length during one of the sets already qualifies as a negative feature, then, sure, V/M's twizzles should not receive a +5, even though they were very well executed otherwise. +4 would be enough.

Yup, I agree with your assessment. :) Although, I don't agree with this new GOE range but that's another issue. LOL. Their bauers out of the first set and into the 2nd blow my mind and the risk taken by exiting upon a musical highlight. They may not ALWAYS have the BEST twizzles of the field but they always have choreographic relevance and integrity which means a lot to me. In my personal opinion, last season, the Shibs are the only team who would have deserved the +5 for twizzles.

SamuraiK

Yup, I agree with your assessment. :) Although, I don't agree with this new GOE range but that's another issue. LOL. Their bauers out of the first set and into the 2nd blow my mind and the risk taken by exiting upon a musical highlight. They may not ALWAYS have the BEST twizzles of the field but they always have choreographic relevance and integrity which means a lot to me. In my personal opinion, last season, the Shibs are the only team who would have deserved the +5 for twizzles.

I definetly agree with that. In the end I couldn't care less if there was 2 or 3 or 2.5 arms :D between them because those twizzles were a bigh highlight of the program. So even if we applly correctly the new range and they could not get +4 or +5 GOE that choreo brilliance should be well rewarded on PCS so it evens out.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I do applaud any team automatically whose twizzle sets in the SD differ from the FD. That's more common these days as the FD allows more steps in-between twizzles and teams were pushing the difficulty and creative side to stand out, but for a while every team was doing the same exact twizzles...EXCEPT for V/M. They always could be counted to do different types of twizzles and I will always love them for that.

lauravvv

If there's at least one negative feature you can not receive higher than +3.
Okay, to be honest, I disagree with this rule somewhat, and I think that ice dancers should not receive higher than +3 (on their twizzles, but not only) only if that one deficiency was more glaring than what V/M had, but it is what it is. So +3 it is.

Dobre

I like the rule. I think the tougher it is to get the +4 & +5 the better.

I think that the teams in the greater field have been gradually moving the twizzles closer together over the past quadrennium; and this is currently a pretty big separator among the junior teams. They are being pushed to skate closer together in order to reach the top, which is a good thing. It is definitely something Carreira & Ponomarenko improved prior to making the Junior World podium.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I like the rule. I think the tougher it is to get the +4 & +5 the better.

I think that the teams in the greater field have been gradually moving the twizzles closer together over the past quadrennium; and this is currently a pretty big separator among the junior teams. They are being pushed to skate closer together in order to reach the top, which is a good thing. It is definitely something Carreira & Ponomarenko improved prior to making the JGP World podium.

I agree with you 100 percent and not for the first and not for the last time.

Cleo1782

@Willin yes it is rude to call Alex lazy. I am not sure how the posts went and you explained, but she took hers down and he didn't. I guess in this internet world where everyone shares what they eat for breakfast, I still don't think Yura is in the wrong. They both seem immature.

Vinyame

From the U.S. Ice Dance 2018-19 thread, about Abachkina/Shchepetov split:
She posted on instagram three days ago and wrote that she's after first competition :confused:
I have not seen this anywhere else and the picture I saw said done, as in finished with first competition.

Oh no, I meant that I doubt they split because of what she posted on instagram, very sorry for misunderstanding. :(

Dobre

Re-posting from the ISU Challenger Series thread in GSD:

Has a North Korean dance team competed internationally before?

At the 1992 Olympics there was a team:
Ryu Gwang Ho & Pak Un Sil

It looks to me like putting a Challenger event in Asia is doing what it should. Helping less experience athletes from developing Asian skating nations get a chance to compete.

Dobre

Ice Dance Drama Post-Olympics 2018 Update
(New changes/additions are in bold or in the “Note” at the bottom of this post).

New Teams:
Galayavieva & Thauron (with Krylova)
Abachkina & Shchepytov (Rumored to be competing in juniors for France)
Konkina & Vakhnov (Training with Liapina)
Wagret & Souquet
Chen & Sun
Stairs & Graham
Orihara & Royer
Alicia Fabbri & Ayer
Galiyanova & Lochhead
McIsaac & Circelli
Mira Polishook & Kizala

Splits:
Loboda & Drozd
Lorenz & Polizoakis (She retired. He is on IPS).
Abachkina & Thauron
Pogrebinsky & Benoit (He retired. She is on IPS).
Min & Gamelin
Polishchuk & Vakhnov.
Aldridge & Eaton
Biechler & Dodge
Konkina & Yakushev
Garabedian & Proulx-Senecal (She is on IPS)
Lopareva & Karpushov (He is on IPS)
Chen & Zhao
Song & Sun
Stairs & Royer
Schwendinger & Wunderlich (She is on IPS)
Fabbri & Pietrantonio (He is on IPS)
Wagret & Couryas (He was on IPS. He is off it now).
Damuleviciute & Kizala
Galiyanova & Tang
Han & Lochhead
McIsaac & Graham
Taileffer & Chan (He is on IPS)
Giglava & Yegorov (He is on IPS)
Morrison & Rokachev (She is on IPS)
Broker & Thayalan (Both are on IPS)

Retirements:
Agafanova & Ucar
Mysliveckova & Csolley
Robledo & Fenero

Not Competing the 2018-2019 Season:
Shibutanis

Not Competing the GP/JGP for 2018-2019:
Weaver & Poje (They plan to be back for Nationals)
Cappellini & Lanotte
Bobrova & Soloviev
Coomes & Buckland
Lewis & Bye

Coaching News:
Krylova is coaching in Russia.
Camerlengo working with Shpilband. Also will be working with Krylova during the summer.
Chock & Bates going to Montreal.
Hawayek & Baker going to Montreal.
Popova & Mozgov moved to Krylova.
Nazarova & Nikitin moved to Ukraine. Bourzat is working with them.
Greg Zuerlein moved to Wheaton.
Komatsubara & Koleto moved to Montreal.
Maxim Stavisky is working with Krylova & Volkov.
Mueller & Dieck going to Gorshkov (Sounds like for their part-time training base outside of Germany)
Plutowska & Flemin moved to Montreal.

Other News:
Carreira & Ponomarenko are moving up to seniors.
Lajoie & Lagha are staying in juniors, at least for the beginning of the season.

Note:
-Schwendinger & Wunderlich are off the coaching news thread as they are now on the split list.
-Lewis & Bye are rumored to be out for the season but they are still on the ISP so no confirmation there. I added them to the list for not competing on the JGP this season, however, since they are not listed among the subs for Bratislava or competing at Lake Placid.

Moustaffask8r

(New changes/additions are in bold or in the “Note” at the bottom of this post).

New Teams:
Wagret & Souquet
Chen & Sun
Stairs & Graham
Orihara & Royer
Alicia Fabbri & Ayer
Galiyanova & Lochhead
McIsaac & Circelli
Mira Polishook & Kizala

Splits:
Loboda & Drozd
Abachkina & Thauron
Min & Gamelin
Polishchuk & Vakhnov.
Aldridge & Eaton
Biechler & Dodge
Konkina & Yakushev
Chen & Zhao
Song & Sun
Stairs & Royer
Damuleviciute & Kizala
Galiyanova & Tang
Han & Lochhead
McIsaac & Graham

Retirements:
Agafanova & Ucar
Mysliveckova & Csolley
Robledo & Fenero

Shibutanis

Cappellini & Lanotte
Bobrova & Soloviev
Coomes & Buckland
Lewis & Bye

Coaching News:
Camerlengo working with Shpilband. Also will be working with Krylova during the summer.
Mueller & Dieck going to Gorshkov (Sounds like for their part-time training base outside of Germany)

Other News:
Lajoie & Lagha are staying in juniors, at least for the beginning of the season.

Note:
-Schwendinger & Wunderlich are off the coaching news thread as they are now on the split list.
-Lewis & Bye are rumored to be out for the season but they are still on the ISP so no confirmation there. I added them to the list for not competing on the JGP this season, however, since they are not listed among the subs for Bratislava or competing at Lake Placid.
A/S split after competing in France it was mention in another tread. Rumor.. trying in Russia with D !

Dobre

A/S split after competing in France it was mention in another tread. Rumor.. trying in Russia with D !

Yes, I read the two contradictory posts about whether they have split or not. Waiting on confirmation of the split, an evidence link, or at least a second source before updating the list. But LOL, classic ice dance drama that we get finally get official confirmation of the partnership, just to have it followed up by the rumor that the new team is kaput.

rinkside

Yes, I read the two contradictory posts about whether they have split or not. Waiting on confirmation of the split, an evidence link, or at least a second source before updating the list. But LOL, classic ice dance drama that we get finally get official confirmation of the partnership, just to have it followed up by the rumor that the new team is kaput.
Yes I have been very confused by all this. Haven't been able to confirm thru people at either of their rinks. I think it would be difficult for either of them to get released because of the money invested in them. I have thought Abachkina or Ellie Pogrebinski would be a possible fit. He is big like Benoit and she is very flexible with legs for miles and she speaks russian.

rinkside

New Teams:
Wagret & Souquet
Chen & Sun
Stairs & Graham
Orihara & Royer
Alicia Fabbri & Ayer
Galiyanova & Lochhead
McIsaac & Circelli
Mira Polishook & Kizala

Splits:
Loboda & Drozd
Abachkina & Thauron
Min & Gamelin
Polishchuk & Vakhnov.
Aldridge & Eaton
Biechler & Dodge
Konkina & Yakushev
Chen & Zhao
Song & Sun
Stairs & Royer
Damuleviciute & Kizala
Galiyanova & Tang
Han & Lochhead
McIsaac & Graham

Retirements:
Agafanova & Ucar
Mysliveckova & Csolley
Robledo & Fenero

Shibutanis

Cappellini & Lanotte
Bobrova & Soloviev
Coomes & Buckland
Lewis & Bye

Coaching News:

Other News:

Note:
Daniel Tsarik has teamed up with the girl named Ella something. They are a new team with Igor skating jr I believe. I don't think she has had a partner.

Ka3sha

Is that a rumor you heard that he is trying out with her? I know he has changed coaches.
He was seen in Zhulin’s group few days ago.
According to some rumors on Russian boards, he is indeed having try-outs with Abachkina now

Sylvia

TBD
These are all the teams listed for the French Masters in late September:

Senior Dance (5):
PAPADAKIS Gabriella / CIZERON Guillaume
LAURIAULT Marie-Jade / LE GAC Romain
WAGRET Julia / SOUQUET Pierre (new)
GALYAVIEVA Adelina / THAURON Louis (new)
MONTANER Lise / ABECCASSIS Laurent (new)

Junior Dance (9):
LAGOUGE Natacha / RAHIER Corentin
DEMOUGEOT Loicia / LEMERCIER Théo (listed for JGP #1 in SVK)
DUPAYAGE Marie / NABAIS Thomas (listed for JGP #1 in SVK)
SECLET MONCHOT Lila-Maya / MANCEAUX Renan (listed as alternate for JGP #1 in SVK)
TERREAUX Lou / PERRON Noé (listed as alternate for JGP #1 in SVK)
FRADJI Célina / FOURNEAUX Jean-Hans
TERREAUX Ninon / BAUMGARTNER Alric
KUZINA Alisa / COUYRAS Mathieu (new)
LOPAREVA Evguenia / BRISSAUD Geoffrey (new; she competed on JGP last year with Alexey Karpushov RUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information