Chinese Skating News, Pt. 3: A long & winding road to Beijing 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbinwinwin

Team China GP assignments for 2018-19 season

MEN:
Boyang Jin - GP Finland (Nov 2-4), IDF (Nov 23-25)

LADIES:
Xiangning Li - NHK Trophy (Nov 9-11)

PAIRS:
Sui/Han - GP Finland (Nov 2-4), NHK Trophy (Nov 9-11)
Yu/Zhang - Skate America (Oct 19-21), IDF (Nov 23-25)
Peng/Jin - Skate Canada (Oct 26-28), NHK Trophy (Nov 9-11)
Li/Xie - Skate America (Oct 19-21)

ICE DANCE:
Wang/Liu - Skate Canada (Oct 26-28), NHK Trophy (Nov 9-11)

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Some news from Pang&Tong's website about the Chinese Team:
twitter link

2018-19 Chinese Figure Skating National Team Men: Boyang JIN, Yudong CHEN, Shuai FANG Lady: Xiangning LI Pairs: Group A: Wenjing SUI/Han CONG, Cheng PENG/Yang JIN, Xiangning LI/Zhong XIE, Yuchen WANG/Yihang HUANG

Group B: Feiyao TANG/Yongchao YANG, Huidi WANG/Zijian WANG, Motong LIU/Tianze Wang, Yuyao ZHANG/Ziqi Jia Group C: Yumeng GAO/Yuhang LIU, LU ZHENG/Lei ZHU, Jiaen LI/Ziming DONG Ice Dance: Shiyue WANG/Xinyu LIU, Hong CHEN/Zhuoming SUN, Wanqi NING/Chao WANG

[it's sad to see their top ice dance team in group C]

Junior Ladies: Hongyi Chen, Xinhui Feng, Qijing Cao, Siyang Zhang, Hengxin Jin Ice Dance: Xizi Chen/Jianing Xing, Yuzhu Guo/Pengkun Zhao

Yu/Zhang are at the moment out of the team because of her foot injury
source

barbarafan

Some news from Pang&Tong's website about the Chinese Team:
twitter link

2018-19 Chinese Figure Skating National Team Men: Boyang JIN, Yudong CHEN, Shuai FANG Lady: Xiangning LI Pairs: Group A: Wenjing SUI/Han CONG, Cheng PENG/Yang JIN, Xiangning LI/Zhong XIE, Yuchen WANG/Yihang HUANG

Group B: Feiyao TANG/Yongchao YANG, Huidi WANG/Zijian WANG, Motong LIU/Tianze Wang, Yuyao ZHANG/Ziqi Jia Group C: Yumeng GAO/Yuhang LIU, LU ZHENG/Lei ZHU, Jiaen LI/Ziming DONG Ice Dance: Shiyue WANG/Xinyu LIU, Hong CHEN/Zhuoming SUN, Wanqi NING/Chao WANG

[it's sad to see their top ice dance team in group C]

Junior Ladies: Hongyi Chen, Xinhui Feng, Qijing Cao, Siyang Zhang, Hengxin Jin Ice Dance: Xizi Chen/Jianing Xing, Yuzhu Guo/Pengkun Zhao

Yu/Zhang are at the moment out of the team because of her foot injury
source

What is wrong with her foot and how did it happen?

clairecloutier

Xiaoyu Yu injured her foot a week before Worlds.

Wonder if she and Zhang will make it back in time for the Grand Prix. :confused:

I guess Xuehan Wang/Lei Wang have probably retired. They're not listed in any of the 3 groups of pairs on the National team (although there is another Wang/Wang team listed). They never did get any love from the federation, despite winning 3 GP medals. :(

I'm glad Yumeng Gao at least has another partner, after being demoted out of her partnership with Zhong Xie despite considerable success on the junior circuit.

Should be another interesting year in Chinese pairs .... :eek:

binbinwinwin

Rumours say Xiaoyu may not be ready by the fall and Zhang will train alone or intermittently train with other girls in the time being.

Gao Yumeng actually took her university examination this past June (China has a standardized test which takes months and months of preparation to do) so it seemed like she was going to retire but I guess she will continue.

And we shouldn't worry about Wang/Liu being in a lower envelope, afterall they are in Montreal which is not cheaper easy to arrange.

J

Jeschke

I guess Xuehan Wang/Lei Wang have probably retired. They're not listed in any of the 3 groups of pairs on the National team (although there is another Wang/Wang team listed). They never did get any love from the federation, despite winning 3 GP medals. :(
:drama: :wuzrobbed

Ilvskating

According to reliable source, the fed even offered to let Boyang's Mom come to Canada with him but he just does not want to leave China. The fed was very frustrated.

Madhatter

According to reliable source, the fed even offered to let Boyang's Mom come to Canada with him but he just does not want to leave China. The fed was very frustrated.

What's the "reliable" source?

I've been following the story all over the English-speaking internet but no source of that rumour has been mentioned so far. Any details please?

Willin

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if this one ended up being true - it seems the other skaters that moved to Orser this off season (Medvedeva and Brown) were already there and training a couple weeks ago. I think Jason even posted something along the lines of "First day of summer training!" with Medvedeva. (He included Daleman in a later post). It would just be strange that if the other new students had started that Jin wouldn't have joined them in starting that early unless something was up.

Madhatter

I'm not buying that "reliable" source thing. Boyang was happy to be in Canada for choreo. Arrangements went far enough for Orser to announce TCC was taking Boyang on so Boyang must have been OK with it then. And now Boyang changes his mind? And the Fed, which doesn't bother with what skaters want (see Pairs), just let him and are just "frustrated"?

It's more likely that the "reliable" source is just someone speculating on a Baidu bar or someone's trying to blame Boyang.

Sylvia

TBD
Posted in the Music/Choreographers thread today:
Xuehan Wang / Lei Wang
SP: I Put a Spell on You
choreo by Mishe Ge and Elena Ilinykh
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlLckeanS2d/?taken-by=mishage8

Clip of the FD of Shiyue Wang/Xinyu Liu: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlJoicnn1AJ/?hl=en&taken-by=patinagemontrealinternational
According to @binbinwinwin, who used Soundhound, the music "Meant" by Elizaveta.

Based on the IG post by Zijun Li a few days ago, she has choreographed a SP for Jinseo Kim: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlEwFBYls2G/?hl=en&taken-by=lizijunn

BittyBug

Disgusted
Dang, I was looking foward to seeing what Orser could do with Boyang, but if Jin wasn't feeling it, then c'est la vie.

hanca

Values her privacy
I am wondering how they got into this situation in the first place. Did they arrange for him coaching abroad without forgetting to ask him whether he would like to go abroad? Or did he agree and then after they arranged it he changed his mind? I guess we never know what is going on in the skaters lives. Everyone was criticising Mao Asada for staying in Japan while she was supposed to be coached by Tarasova in Russia, and no one knew that her mother was dying and she wanted to spend some time with her.

binbinwinwin

Boyang wouldn't leave home to train with the National team where there are better facilities in Beijing. Not surprised that he doesn't want to go. Probably never truly wanted to go in the first place. There's a difference between going short term to get choreography and then training there day in, day out.

Tavi

I'm not buying that "reliable" source thing. Boyang was happy to be in Canada for choreo. Arrangements went far enough for Orser to announce TCC was taking Boyang on so Boyang must have been OK with it then. And now Boyang changes his mind? And the Fed, which doesn't bother with what skaters want (see Pairs), just let him and are just "frustrated"?

It's more likely that the "reliable" source is just someone speculating on a Baidu bar or someone's trying to blame Boyang.

There’s a difference between traveling to a country for a few weeks to work on choreo and moving there for a period of several years to train.

Ilvskating

I am wondering how they got into this situation in the first place. Did they arrange for him coaching abroad without forgetting to ask him whether he would like to go abroad? Or did he agree and then after they arranged it he changed his mind? I guess we never know what is going on in the skaters lives. Everyone was criticising Mao Asada for staying in Japan while she was supposed to be coached by Tarasova in Russia, and no one knew that her mother was dying and she wanted to spend some time with her.

It had been considered a privilege to be sent abroad for training. Apparently that is not everybody's wish. The positive side of the event is that it appears that Chinese team now respects athletes' personal will much better than before. Training abroad or not, hope Boyang trains well and does well in international competitions. it would be a shame if this incident has any negative effect on him in competition/judging.

hanca

Values her privacy
Even if it is supposed to be a privilege, you would still think they would ask him before arranging it for him.

Ilvskating

What I can say is that the reliable source is not from internet.

Last edited:

fscric

I have not been following, can anyone explain to me what is the situation with Yan Han? Has he retired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information