The annual "what music would you suggest to skaters that has not been overused or used (lately) in competition?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Skaters whose seasons ended at their respective Nationals probably already have selected program music for the 2018-19 season, but we might as well get this thread going in case other skaters or their teams check FSU for brilliant and/or innovative ideas! ;) :cool: :D

falling_dance

Coaching Patrick

quartz

scratching at the light
There’s never enough rock. And l don’t count the Beatles or Coldplay or Grease as rock. :blah:
I want the Scorpions, Jethro Tull, Led Zep, Breaking Benjamin, Tool. If I can dance to that stuff, then talented athletic skaters who have actual dance skills surely can adapt a heavier genre to the ice. Look how much we loved Toth’s AC/DC program. More please!

I could see Daleman with an Alanis Morrisette short program - picture it!

screech

I always recommend Santo & Johnny's SleepWalk

I want non-typical Broadway soundtracks. Book of Mormon (though it'd probably have to be instrumental), JERSEY BOYS! (though Cappellini/Lanotte did skate to 'Cry For Me' as part of their SD in 16/17), Newsies (either the movie or the play), Funny Girl (I'm surprised more people don't use this - especially the overture, before vocals were allowed), and so many more!

I always loved the music from the diamonds commercials (Karl Jenkins: Palladio Allegretto 1st movement)

And the (mostly) instrumental 'The End' from The Beatles (probably paired with another song from the Golden Slumbers suite, since The End isn't long enough). I just picture a combo spin to Ringo's drum solo, and a footwork sequence to the guitar solo sequence)

eusebius

I was just listening to some Herbie Hancock today and think that would make great skating music. Gilles/Poirier FD to Watermelon Man?

Any Tchaikovsky other than Swan Lake, please. Serenade for Strings would have a great Balanchine vibe. (I'm sure someone has used this but I can't remember at the moment.) (ETA: Gordeeva in 1996 in a tribute to Sergei Grinkov. But it's been a long time and there are several movements.)

Scherzo of Mahler 2.

Mack the Knife by Ella

Mad for Skating

I really love the Hunger Games soundtrack; it's moody, intense, and cool. Hannah Miller used some cuts of it this year. I think it would be amazing for Stolbova/Klimov.

Anything Adele. Period.

Also, I'm down for any cool, upbeat pop music. Medleys of Demi Lovato, Katy Perry...come on guys!!!

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
The Virgin Queen soundtrack. The music is diverse. Fast, some with a sense of urgency, slow, majestic, dramatic, sad (there's a track called "Remember Me" which was played during the suspicious death of Amy Robsart, the wife of Robert Dudely, 1st Earl of Leicester). I can think of only one time a skater performed to songs from this track. There may have been more, but this soundtrack afaik hasn't been done to death.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
Experience by Ludovico Einaudi
Wonder Woman theme cover by Tina Guo
Time by Hans Zimmer from Inception
Anything Florence + the Machine
My Name is Lincoln from The Island soundtrack.

IloveFS

There’s never enough rock. And l don’t count the Beatles or Coldplay or Grease as rock. :blah:
I want the Scorpions, Jethro Tull, Led Zep, Breaking Benjamin, Tool. If I can dance to that stuff, then talented athletic skaters who have actual dance skills surely can adapt a heavier genre to the ice. Look how much we loved Toth’s AC/DC program. More please!

I could see Daleman with an Alanis Morrisette short program - picture it!

Daleman and Alanis Morrisette music - a great picture!

mjb52

Has anyone ever used the Mulholland Drive soundtrack? That and Twin Peaks have beautiful atmospheric music. I also like the one for The Leftovers but I think that was used this season? I wouldn't call it over-used though, but I haven't really been watching skating in the last few years so I'm not up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information