The 2nd annual "what music would you suggest to skaters that has not been overused or used (lately) in competition? thread

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Replying to @Frau Muller here - Gordeeva and Grinkov skated to Verdi's "Requiem" in a pro competition and in exhibition about one week before his death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah9l5OGSZb0

Wow. I had no idea...I was working overseas when Sergei died and had missed all of the fall competitions. This is just as I would cut a routine to the Requiem: Dies Irae for a big-bang start; Lacrymosa for a sublime center; then end with the joyous Sanctus. A great modern pair must skate to this...especially now that vocals are allowed. THIS is what vocals-in-skating-competitions should be about...not cheesy Tops in Pops!

Lisa Erhard

Banned Member
Hello to all!

I am a composer/producer and available and very interested in offering custom written music for your skating. I can put together a sample for you based on video you send me. Please contact me if you or someone else you know might be interested. I look forward to hearing back! Please send me a private message on the forum. I'll check back for replies here as well.

Thank you!

Lisa

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Hello to all!

I am a composer/producer and available and very interested in offering custom written music for your skating. I can put together a sample for you based on video you send me. Please contact me if you or someone else you know might be interested. I look forward to hearing back! Please send me a private message on the forum. I'll check back for replies here as well.

Thank you!

Lisa
I think it would be awesome if you used Adam Rippon as the vocalist on any/all of the tracks you compose for skaters.

mjb52

I'm now obsessed with Dvorak's American string quartet (the second movement). It looks like Nagasu might have skated to some part of the quartet as a novice or junior but googling doesn't bring up much else. I think this one would work better for a singles skater than a dance or a pair.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Panzer Dragoon soundtrack, by Yoshitaka Azuma
One hour of epic, inherenenty skatable music. Some dude please pick this!

Legend of Zelda by Kosuke Yamashita
I can only remember Danielle Harrison using Zelda a few years ago. More epic music.

Vertigo soundtrack by Bernard Herrmann
How has this not been an angsty and dramatic FD/LP yet!?! :drama:

Army of Me, by Bjork
Dance really doesn't do voids anymore, but I've wanted to see to see an intense FD to this forever.

and THIS absolutely needs to be Tarasova/Morozov's new SP. A sequel of sorts. :cheer:

Eeyora1

I have a feeling we will be seeing a ton of Queen this season. ... i know numerous people in the past have skated to “Who Wants to Live Forever?” But has anyone ever portrayed Connor Macleod from the movie “Highlander”? There are a lot of great Queen songs in the movie. Including “Who Wants to Live Forever” , “Princes of the Universe “ and “I want it All”

Orm Irian

I have a feeling we will be seeing a ton of Queen this season. ... i know numerous people in the past have skated to “Who Wants to Live Forever?” But has anyone ever portrayed Connor Macleod from the movie “Highlander”? There are a lot of great Queen songs in the movie. Including “Who Wants to Live Forever” , “Princes of the Universe “ and “I want it All”

If you're doing Highlander, how could anyone possibly go past 'A Kind of Magic'? :cheer2:

A.H.Black

And Elton John.

annie_mg

This would need to be mixed with a second piece to make it work, but has anybody ever skated to Elegie by Fauré? The original is for cello and piano but there are orchestra versions which are just lovely. It's one of my favourite classical pieces ever and I was thinking about it the other day.

Last edited:

tamms

hoptoad

Farandole from l'Arlesienne by Bizet. Cathy Belanger skated to it at the 1996 Canadians. It's fast and powerful so a skater with a lot of oomph could do it.

Do you have a link to Cathy Belanger's skate?

I always wanted to see someone skate to this . . . then I saw Scott and Dulebohn do it . . . and thought maybe it was too fast for skating.
https://youtu.be/fjRLMcFyY3U

Any idea who could do it well?

ETA: I just found Valentina Marchei skated to it (with some Carmen in the middle). She gives it some oomph in the last 50 seconds, with a surprise ending: https://youtu.be/wBM3T4TKCmo?t=168

Last edited:

coppertop1

Do you have a link to Cathy Belanger's skate?

I always wanted to see someone skate to this . . . then I saw Scott and Dulebohn do it . . . and thought maybe it was too fast for skating.
https://youtu.be/fjRLMcFyY3U

Any idea who could do it well?

ETA: I just found Valentina Marchei skated to it (with some Carmen in the middle). She gives it some oomph in the last 50 seconds, with a surprise ending: https://youtu.be/wBM3T4TKCmo?t=168

Unfortunately, I don't. The one video from 1996 Canadians I've seen on YT is Josee Chouinard.

As far as who could do it well, I'm thinking maybe Bradie or Gabby. One of those powerhouses. It is very fast.

Thanks for the links!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information