Mirai Nagasu Cheer thread: Return to Olympus

Sylvia

TBD

Spun Silver

I am in awe of her focus and determination. I didn't even see them but she said she tripped a couple of times at the beginning of the program and still went for the 3A! What a tribute to her training and character. She's not poor little underachieving Mirai any more. She is the two-time Olympian who's only the third lady in history to land a 3A at the Olympics - in the glorious company of Midori Ito and Mao Asada. What a club! I am imagining them clinking glasses in Tokyo next fall! :D

Brava, Mirai!!!!! You took charge of your destiny like the Olympian you are!

GullyGirl84

After all the shade Mirai got for being included in the team event, She Did That. I thought the medals would pretty much be all decided by now and that Mirai would come in 4-5th, but instead, the US's bronze medal situation was much more precarious than anyone anticipated, and Mirai came in 2nd and made history. Keep it up baby. No matter what happens from here on out, no one can take this moment away from you.

Sylvia

TBD
Associated Press: Nagasu becomes third woman - and 1st American - to land Olympic triple axel
"I feel really great," Nagasu said. "Going into it, I was like a train and I was like, 'Get on the tracks and get some speed.' And, I tripped a couple times. I don't know if you could tell. It was more something I could feel, but to nail it the way I did, even out of the corner of my eye, I could see my teammates standing out of excitement.
"And at that moment, I wanted to stop the music and get off, but I still had my whole program ahead of me."
And, she took care of business. Nagasu skated a flawless routine and pumped both fists as she completed it, smiling as the crowd gave her a standing ovation.
Nagasu had landed triple axels in previous competitions, but never in such a pressure-packed situation as the Olympic stage.
"To complete the performance to the best of my ability is really exciting," she said.
And admiration from Reese Witherspoon: https://twitter.com/RWitherspoon/status/962893943166783488
Wow!! @mirai_nagasu is making history !! #OlympicWinterGames

Last edited:

livetoskate

I'm thrilled for Mirai like so many others tonight. I was thinking of how her parents were finally able to close their sushi restaurant to watch Mirai compete at the Olympics, and they were there to witness that glorious moment. What a great, exciting night of skating! Mirai's expression at the end of her free skate was tear-inducing. And there's more excitement to come....

Frida80

I'm thrilled for Mirai like so many others tonight. I was thinking of how her parents were finally able to close their sushi restaurant to watch Mirai compete at the Olympics, and they were there to witness that glorious moment. What a great, exciting night of skating! Mirai's expression at the end of her free skate was tear-inducing. And there's more excitement to come....

They weren’t here tonight. They be there for the individual competition.

Spun Silver

Actually I don't think her parents and boyfriend are there yet. They haven't shown up in her Instagram. I guess they are coming for the individual event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information