Harry and Meghan wedding chat- the build up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazpacho

So it's okay that she's divorced? I'm thinking about the Wallis Simpson controversy. Does this mean that Harry has to give up his place in line to the throne, not that it was ever going to happen with William's kids ahead of him. I guess since Charles was allowed to marry Camilla it must be okay for a potential heir to marry a divorcee, but Camilla won't be called Queen, suggesting that the Royals still are somewhat uncomfortable with it.

Also, Megan is 36 years old. Better pop out those babies soon or else there might not be time.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
So it's okay that she's divorced? I'm thinking about the Wallis Simpson controversy. Does this mean that Harry has to give up his place in line to the throne, not that it was ever going to happen with William's kids ahead of him. I guess since Charles was allowed to marry Camilla it must be okay for a potential heir to marry a divorcee, but Camilla won't be called Queen, suggesting that the Royals still are somewhat uncomfortable with it.

In 1936 the Church of England did not allow divorced people to remarry in church if their former spouse was still alive. It is no longer 1936. Also, Harry will never be nominal head of the CofE, whereas Edward was at the time he wanted to marry Wallis Simpson.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
She was not married in a Christian ceremony. And since 2000 they have allowed divorcees to remarry. (My grandfather was a Bishop in the Episcopal Church. Same rules.)

I figure it will be at St George's Chapel at Windsor.

I am very cynical (and cannot stand William and Kate), but I love Harry so I hope he's happy.

Gazpacho

In 1936 the Church of England did not allow divorced people to remarry in church if their former spouse was still alive. It is no longer 1936. Also, Harry will never be nominal head of the CofE, whereas Edward was at the time he wanted to marry Wallis Simpson.
Thanks for the explanation.

Harry is my favorite royal, so I'm happy for him.

Lorac

Congrats to them both. I hope they are very happy and that she can deal with the intrusion that is going to come. It will be less than Wills and Kate but still it will be a huge part of her life. The fact that Prince Harry had recently requested police protection for Meghan meant that it was a question of when the announcement would be made not if. Now a big question is will George and Charlotte have a role in the wedding - I'm guessing Wills will be best man!!

Catherine M

Very happy for Harry & Meghan as after reading the Vanity Fair article she did, I gained alot of respect for her and them as a couple.

I hope that they will be able to have a life similar to Edward & Sophie, part of the Royal family & doing good works but sill not THE couple that the press writes about every single day.

Lorac

Just had a brief photo call outside in Kensington Palace gardens. A few thrown questions i.e. how did he propose (not telling), was it romantic - he said it was(Meghan nodded her head and smiled) and a brief long distance view of the ring - it looked like diamonds to me!! Meghan had a white coat on over a dark coloured dress!! There I have done my royal reporting duty :D

aftershocks

Banned Member
Congratulations to Meghan and Prince Harry. Best of luck to them! I just saw the very brief photo call on Sky News, but the audio on the grounds of KP wasn't good -- couldn't hear them at all. They will be interviewed for television later.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Can't imagine that would happen. Harry isn't William or Charles - less need to invite heads of state and all that formality.

Plus, he's close to the Obamas - I'd assume they will be invited.

Tesla

Whippet Good
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Excuse me? Many many many women have healthy babies and healthy pregnancies after 40. If a woman is healthy, by all means, she can, and if she wants to, should have a baby after 40.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Obviously the burning questions about are we due another day off are pinging around. I don't think we will though.

I can't cope with the Daily Mail comments today so haven't even read them. I'm imagining a load of "divorced, mixed race, American" tutting.

Wheee! I love a Royal Wedding! So excited! :cheer:

Plus it takes the focus off the shitstorm that is Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information