Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyasnake

Oh man. Transcendant. Too bad for the weird camera work. Get those people from Skate Canada and make them work on EVERY competition.
So much work in the details. No wonder why the Montreal teams are doing so good.
Happy that they broke their own WR, but it's not really about the points. The execution was very good, and it still has room from improvement.

millyskate

I was going to say that the replays are better than the actual filming of the event. There are soooo many details, especially their hands, that the slow motion gives me goose bumps. Can't wait for this danse to get the filming it deserves.
This! The hand movements really set them apart from the other teams. Every single frame has a different position and expression.

Isabelle.G

Those highlights are precious, literally breathtaking. I found a video from Russian broadcasting. Is there a chance there'll be a video from Eurosport or the Olympic Channel?

Miloune

Those highlights are precious, literally breathtaking. I found a video from Russian broadcasting. Is there a chance there'll be a video from Eurosport or the Olympic Channel?

Eurosport will be broadcasting the ice dance highlights this afternoon, around 4 I think. So no video until then.
I don't know about the olympic channel though.

Laney

I don´t know what to say. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon: As other said: the slowmotion is fantastic as you see all the little details. But even if ypu don´t have them: they´re just brilliant! I´m so grateful that they work so hard and give us fans so much joy! It touchs my heart and soul. Thank you Gabby and Guillaume!!!!!!!

firstflight

Looking at the protocols, they still have quite a bit of room for improvement on the GOEs and they still had 1 level three. They got the boost they needed so onward they go now and spice up that SD even more, listen to Ben guys, he has good advices.

Yes, Gabby almost lost it twice in the program on twizzles— she held on, but the second step sequence with +3 GOE scores will push the FD to above 120 even *without* the level 4 for the first circular step sequence.

Miloune

They are getting some recognition in France... article from Le Monde : http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1509806912

Just some basic information with a mistake in the article but still, Le Monde published a paper for a Grand Prix challenge.

It's really amazing how often they make mistakes when writing about skating... Not even capable of having basic facts correctly reported, seriously !!
It's so annoying and almost irrespectful... :angryfire

Last edited:

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Can someone articulate why they like Moonlight Sonata better than Stillness or even Build A Home? I think Stillness is their best FD and didn’t rave about Mozart -feel like I’m in the minority with these opinions among P/C fans :lol:

GreenGan

In terms of raw emotion to me the best of their work is the 2016 Worlds Build a Home. As of their best work in choreography it's definitely the Odduada Part of their 2017 FD.
Moonlight Sonata is not at Build a Home level but this is a very "rocky" choreography for a classic theme, and I just love their circular step sequence here. This is already very well polished, I can't wait to see how they'll transcend it and themselves. On the other hand, I'm not as emotionnaly involved in Moonlight yet. Even though I still get goosebump watching them.

For now my fave FD of them still is Build a Home. And best SD is Shape of you.

Miloune

In terms of raw emotion to me the best of their work is the 2016 Worlds Build a Home. As of their best work in choreography it's definitely the Odduada Part of their 2017 FD.
Moonlight Sonata is not at Build a Home level but this is a very "rocky" choreography for a classic theme, and I just love their circular step sequence here. This is already very well polished, I can't wait to see how they'll transcend it and themselves. On the other hand, I'm not as emotionnaly involved in Moonlight yet. Even though I still get goosebump watching them.

For now my fave FD of them still is Build a Home. And best SD is Shape of you.

I can't even imagine how phenomenal the Mozart program would be if it was skated today. Choreographically it was genius.
I love them all but still this one was precious.

Anyasnake

Build a home is a music I truly enjoyed so it added to the performance. I loved Mozart so much, but I got to see this FD out of nowhere at Europeans and it hit me hard :eek:
However, Moonlight is slowly starting to take the spot... because in Build a Home they were absolutely NOWHERE near the technical abilities of today. They were very good, but still had a lot to learn (of course, as always) and Gaby's concussion didn't help. Even though it was mesmerizing, their technical today is quite amazing. The progress since Mozart is Kaboom. :cheer2:

Anyasnake

Yeah. I sure hope P&C fan never fall that far ...
There has been some weirdos on YouTube, and I think people believe that every fan is like that... It's more like 2 people have 15 different accounts and keep posting incredibly nasty things. I hope so too.

Isabelle.G

Yeah. I sure hope P&C fan never fall that far ...
Me too. I love both teams and yet I'm slightly scared now to post anything to the V/M's thread. It is ridiculous. I completely understand people adoring certain athletes, but this type of behaviour is too much. Saying things like the WR for P/C's FD today was only an act of politicking, even after acknowledged people in the business raved about that performance... It's only November and these things happen. I should seriously brace myself for December & the OG especially. :lol:

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
I don't read the video comments. Really, people should disable them so that ubers could try to do the same on boards (and wouldn't be able to).

Anyasnake

Some P/C fans have been vandalizing Shibs videos since the 2015-2016 season but I seriously think it’s like one or two people with multiple accounts talking to themselves.
I think so. Typical idiots who were scared.
You know what's the best part ? I see these same names under P/C's videos saying : "Dubreuil Lauzon & Haguenauer are crap" "they are sold to skate Canada" "Choreo sucks" "the best FD of the year is S/K's".
Well I have nothing against S/K for sure. But how delighted I was when I saw that ! :respec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information