Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabelle.G

The link doesn't work for me. But that may be better, at least there probably are surprising things in store for me. I don't know how to feel about changes, though, if there are any. The free dance version from Finlandia grew so much upon me (yes, it needs to be polished, but the concept was brilliant for me), but I'm curious to see new things at the same time. :D

There's a new article about them at NBC Olympics. It says nothing new, basically, but it's a nice thing to pass the time with before the competition. :)
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/who-are-gabriella-papadakis-and-guillaume-cizeron

Last edited:

GreenGan

I thought they felt the music better in Finlandia Trophy, they were cautious here. Maybe a little too much for my taste.
On the other hand, they are 1.58 from V/M's top score in Skate Canada, where judges were quite generous with the score, and PC got a level 3 : missed 1.5 point. They are not behind at all in the judges' eyes. Just get the level guys !

Their SD is the program I've rewatched the most so far. More than their FD.

sap5

They've an entire season to make sure that level is where it needs to be, plus they'll have the confidence boost of skating in France next. Upping the score shouldn't be a problem at all.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Well I kind of still hate Ed Sheeran's music. But the SD is great.

Isabelle.G

That was fantastic. I still don't like Ed Sheeran too, but this short dance is great. What an official start of the Grand Prix!
For me, the biggest difference between the short dance of Tessa and Scott and Gabriella and Guillaume is the fact that Tessa and Scott have seemed to be more sure of themselves so far. They just went for it. But with such a huge improvement and this massive score for them, I'm sure they'll gain the confidence too. :)

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Well, Ed Sheeran has grown on me (that sounds quite naughty said like this), plus I've decided to listen to some interviews and the guy is just very endearing, not at all what I expected. But ok this has no bearing on their SD.
Anyway, I'm now able to enjoy the whole thing, song included. The youthful aspect of it fits them and create a great contrast to what they're going for in the FD.

Miloune

Ok I finally watched it (thank you lunch break)!
When I saw Gaby with her hair in a ponytail, I was like 'oh no whyy!!', but then when I saw the change of choreography at the end, I knew 'whyy' :p. Still, I think I prefer the Finlandia version.

On a pure performance aspect, they looked sharper here so that's great! I think they need to add a bit more to the midline step sequence. 81.1 is awesome!

Last edited:

Anyasnake

I think the lift might be changed too, or just a variation. I like how it fits the music though.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
They changed the exit of the lift. At Finlandia he flips her around and then places her down. Here she just steps down.

cocotaffy

The entry is more difficult because she does a 180 flip to face him and it does flow very well but I agree it could be more impactful. I also preferred her wild hair but I think the ponytail brings some sway to the dance so I understand the change.

cocotaffy

Artistically speaking, I rather have Moonlight Sonata represent the best of ice dance than Moulin Rouge.
High praise from you. I think they did Gordeeva/Grinkov proud. But I'm kind of mad at the filming here, I feel we missed quite a bit on all the little details. There were quite a bit of changes too compared to Finlandia and that's one of the thing I love about them when we say programs evolves, i have to say I rarely see so big changes, but they often do and keep us guessing.
Looking at the protocols, they still have quite a bit of room for improvement on the GOEs and they still had 1 level three. They got the boost they needed so onward they go now and spice up that SD even more, listen to Ben guys, he has good advices.

Miloune

High praise from you. I think they did Gordeeva/Grinkov proud. But I'm kind of mad at the filming here, I feel we missed quite a bit on all the little details. There were quite a bit of changes too compared to Finlandia and that's one of the thing I love about them when we say programs evolves, i have to say I rarely see so big changes, but they often do and keep us guessing.
Looking at the protocols, they still have quite a bit of room for improvement on the GOEs and they still had 1 level three. They got the boost they needed so onward they go now and spice up that SD even more, listen to Ben guys, he has good advices.

I was going to say that the replays are better than the actual filming of the event. There are soooo many details, especially their hands, that the slow motion gives me goose bumps. Can't wait for this danse to get the filming it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information